KS-SEN 2020 Megathread: Marshall overperforms and wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:49:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS-SEN 2020 Megathread: Marshall overperforms and wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 46
Author Topic: KS-SEN 2020 Megathread: Marshall overperforms and wins  (Read 82604 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: December 17, 2019, 08:12:23 PM »

No it's not, Barb Bollier ia sending me lots of emails saying she can win, which I have donated to

If Barb Bollier is saying she can win, then this race has to be Safe D.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #451 on: December 17, 2019, 08:17:32 PM »

She has a better chance than Greenfield,  who is the worst recruit ever.😖😖😖 Solid is the only pollster that has Sununu, Parsons and Ernst losing, the Dems are DOA running against them
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #452 on: December 17, 2019, 09:20:41 PM »

No it's not, Barb Bollier ia sending me lots of emails saying she can win, which I have donated to

If Barb Bollier is saying she can win, then this race has to be Safe D.

I know right, this quote is hilarious
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #453 on: December 18, 2019, 02:48:29 AM »

She has a better chance than Greenfield

This, but unironically.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #454 on: December 18, 2019, 02:52:33 AM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #455 on: December 18, 2019, 07:27:53 PM »

Who thinks Bollier will win her hometown of Mission Hills Kansas?
+22 Mccain, +40 romney +1 clinton but Sharice davids lost it by 10 I think even while winning the district by 9 more than Clinton.
Doubtful, I don't envision her getting much crossover support, she burned a lot of bridges when she left the GOP.

I'm sure someone on the GOP side is doing research on her voting record, I'm sure there will be some votes in there that the Democratic base won't like. Kansas Democrats are much more liberal than you'd expect from a Plains State.

Barbara Bollier will lose to anyone, including Kobach. Hoping GOP nominates someone reasonable though so this race doesn't become a "thing."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #456 on: December 18, 2019, 07:30:08 PM »

Also, I think this was missed:
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/474499-internal-gop-polling-shows-kobach-has-lead-in-kansas-senate-race-unless

Internal State GOP poll shows Kobach with 43% without Pompeo in the race (not good), but Pompeo would beat Kobach head-to-head 68-24. It is presumed Wagle would drop out and Marshall would jump back to his House race.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #457 on: December 29, 2019, 11:35:36 AM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/476159-wh-adviser-says-pompeo-will-not-run-for-senate?fbclid=IwAR1_WBCTDr5EFXugfrgGzMdv-1aifTBTY8koxwBb9vQAXplrXQL_YtpOG1I.

National Security advisor O'Brien says Pompeo probably isn't running. Guess it's time for Kobach to get the nomination and become the new Roy Moore/Todd Akin...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #458 on: December 29, 2019, 12:29:18 PM »

I don't understand why people think Kobach is going to get Moore'd.
Kansas is a republican state. They elected some democrat governors in the past, but democrat senator? The last time it happened was in the 1930's.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #459 on: December 29, 2019, 12:41:59 PM »

I don't understand why people think Kobach is going to get Moore'd.
Kansas is a republican state. They elected some democrat governors in the past, but democrat senator? The last time it happened was in the 1930's.

Well, I think any Democrat is still an underdog even with KKKobach, but he's a terrible candidate and in Kansas suburbs are a lot of more moderate Republicans who are potentially willing to elect a Democrat as long as he or she isn't far-left. As former Republican, Barbara Boullier could garner a decent amount of support here. In this matchup, the seat isn't less likely to flip than Ernst losing Iowa. And far more likely than Moscow Mitch losing.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #460 on: December 29, 2019, 12:46:41 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/476159-wh-adviser-says-pompeo-will-not-run-for-senate?fbclid=IwAR1_WBCTDr5EFXugfrgGzMdv-1aifTBTY8koxwBb9vQAXplrXQL_YtpOG1I.

National Security advisor O'Brien says Pompeo probably isn't running. Guess it's time for Kobach to get the nomination and become the new Roy Moore/Todd Akin...

That's surprising, if true. It seems like Pompeo was making all the moves for a prospective campaign.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #461 on: December 29, 2019, 01:12:52 PM »

That's surprising, if true. It seems like Pompeo was making all the moves for a prospective campaign.

Apparently nobody really know what Pompeo will do. What this White House person is telling is just his own opinion.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/27/politics/mike-pompeo-social-media-possible-run-senate-kansas/index.html
’’The new accounts, which began posting in mid-December, are viewed by some inside the White House and State Department as platforms for Pompeo to begin building a personal brand ahead of a potential run, even as it remains unclear when and even if he will decide to depart the administration.
While some of Trump's advisers view it as a foregone conclusion that he will enter the Kansas US Senate contest, others are less sure he'll decide to reenter electoral politics’’
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #462 on: December 29, 2019, 01:13:30 PM »

Kansans love their radical centrists and middle-aged neoliberal ladies. Barbara Bollier is going to do them proud in the Senate.

D+1.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #463 on: December 29, 2019, 06:12:52 PM »

Dems have 3 seats already in the Senate, the wave is ME, IA, GA, NC  KY, SC and TX should Peter's and Jones lose
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #464 on: January 01, 2020, 06:24:23 AM »

Kansans love their radical centrists and middle-aged neoliberal ladies. Barbara Bollier is going to do them proud in the Senate.

D+1.
Is it sarcastic or not?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #465 on: January 01, 2020, 03:21:57 PM »

D+1.
Is it sarcastic or not?

Sadly no.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #466 on: January 01, 2020, 03:23:46 PM »

Btw, reminder to everyone here that even with Sharice Davids winning by 10 points in 2018 and the 2nd district basically being tied House Rs still won the statewide vote by double digits. Safe R.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #467 on: January 01, 2020, 03:35:26 PM »

Btw, reminder to everyone here that even with Sharice Davids winning by 10 points in 2018 and the 2nd district basically being tied House Rs still won the statewide vote by double digits. Safe R.
Right, this is a very good indicator. Watkins was/is a weak candidate as well so that drug down the numbers a bit.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #468 on: January 01, 2020, 03:40:13 PM »

Right, this is a very good indicator. Watkins was/is a weak candidate as well so that drug down the numbers a bit.

It also says something about the state demographic vote makeup. If even a stellar performance in KS-01 and almost winning a Trump +20 district isn't enough to even come close to a win statewide, anyone who thinks this race is competitive is fooling themselves.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #469 on: January 01, 2020, 04:05:14 PM »

It also says something about the state demographic vote makeup. If even a stellar performance in KS-01 and almost winning a Trump +20 district isn't enough to even come close to a win statewide, anyone who thinks this race is competitive is fooling themselves.

Kansas has not elected a Democrat to the Senate in 87 years, since 1932. And as you say, the shift of Johnson County to the Democrats is not enough to make them competitive statewide, given how Republican the state's vast rural areas are. It looks we may have to tolerate Kris Kobach in the Senate for years to come. Kobach would be another Marsha Blackburn-a horrific addition to a body already plagued by partisanship and by other negative factors.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #470 on: January 01, 2020, 05:28:33 PM »

This!!!

Kansas is indeed trending dem but losing Kansas by 10 instead by 20 still means losing it!!!
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #471 on: January 01, 2020, 08:40:37 PM »

Only somewhat. Tongue I really don’t buy that Republicans can take this race for granted and that it’s safe R no matter what, even with Kobach as the R nominee.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #472 on: January 04, 2020, 04:46:06 PM »

In a 278 EC map Dems can win ME, CO, KS and AZ, KS is a Red state, but Kelly, just like Barb Bollier can transcend partisanship. Since Kobach, not moderate Pompeo is likely to run. But, if Pompeo runs, Dems should target NC, instead.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #473 on: January 05, 2020, 06:50:36 PM »

WaPo says Pompeo's decision making has stalled and he has mixed feelings about trading Foggy Bottom for a junior Senate seat.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #474 on: January 06, 2020, 05:53:54 PM »

Pompeo out.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies