Sherrod Brown mulling presidential run in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:11:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Sherrod Brown mulling presidential run in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sherrod Brown mulling presidential run in 2020  (Read 1283 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2018, 02:10:15 PM »

Sherrod Brown isn't going to do a lot of good when Democrats can't pass any legislation for four years and we lose the Presidency in 2024.

Warren, Sanders, Brown are at my very tippy top of best possible Presidents, but I'd take someone more conservative like Beto if it means we have a chance at a Senate majority.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2018, 06:12:06 PM »

I hope he goes for it. Obviously the fact that DeWine would get to pick his replacement is a serious problem, but I feel that the pros of him being the nominee would outweigh that.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2018, 07:17:00 PM »

Sherrod Brown isn't going to do a lot of good when Democrats can't pass any legislation for four years and we lose the Presidency in 2024.

Warren, Sanders, Brown are at my very tippy top of best possible Presidents, but I'd take someone more conservative like Beto if it means we have a chance at a Senate majority.

Vermont requires an election in 90 days. And if he timed a resignation right, it could be combined with the Presidential election. I assume Welch would get elected Senator. So really nothing to worry about there.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2018, 07:19:57 PM »

Vermont requires an election in 90 days. And if he timed a resignation right, it could be combined with the Presidential election. I assume Welch would get elected Senator. So really nothing to worry about there.

Yeah, I wasn't totally clear, I definitely don't want Brown because of his seat (Warren and Sanders would be replaced by Democrats almost immediately), but would be willing to consider Beto above all three even though his politics are significantly inferior because I believe he could have landslide (read: Senate-securing) potential.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies