Cumulative House Results by State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:15:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cumulative House Results by State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cumulative House Results by State  (Read 29484 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: November 19, 2018, 10:24:29 AM »

PA voting more Democratic than Michigan feels odd. It certainly hasn't happened in presidential elections in a while, IIRC.

Agreed. I will say, however, that I think Wolf’s margins in the Philly suburbs are what a lot of us probably thought Hillary was going to get in 2016. The suburban vote that came out this year was something that never materialized for Hillary. I imagine the House results aren’t too dissimilar to Wolf’s (apart from Bucks County).
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 04:16:42 AM »

PA voting more Democratic than Michigan feels odd. It certainly hasn't happened in presidential elections in a while, IIRC.

Agreed. I will say, however, that I think Wolf’s margins in the Philly suburbs are what a lot of us probably thought Hillary was going to get in 2016. The suburban vote that came out this year was something that never materialized for Hillary. I imagine the House results aren’t too dissimilar to Wolf’s (apart from Bucks County).

Hillary was never going to reach Wolf's numbers, but they would've been a lot better than they were in reality if not for Comey.

Well, maybe not that good, but certainly somewhat close. She barely did better than Obama in 2008, and some parts of SEPA actually swung against her. I remember when the polling showed Hilary up by like 40% in SEPA. No state still amazes me as much as PA in 2016. The suburbs came out this year in a way they didn’t in 2016.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 07:02:06 AM »

Well actually, in PA-14 Wolf came within 3 points of winning the district while the GOP won the congressional seat by 16.

Yeah, that is true. That’s a strange area of the state though, where some statewide Dems overperform and others not so much. Like many areas, those trends predate Trump, but have just been massively accelerated. But even that district looks to have shifted based on urban/rural trends. Wolf lost rural Greene and Fayette Counties, while more suburban Washington and Westmoreland swung towards him. Casey seems to have only marginally dropped in the more rural counties relative to his overall statewide performance.

A thought experiment, but does anyone think Lamb could’ve won the new PA-14? Personally, I doubt it, in part based on his performance in March, but I imagine it would’ve been a very close result.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies