NJ-11 2020: Jay Webber rematch?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:49:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-11 2020: Jay Webber rematch?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-11 2020: Jay Webber rematch?  (Read 360 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2018, 05:33:57 PM »

Would Jay Webber be a good candidate to run for New Jersey's 11th congressional district again in 2020 against Rep. Mikie Sherrill?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 05:35:42 PM »

ah yes run again after u got rekt by 11 points. Nj 11th is gone unless a red wave happens
Nj 2nd should be the best target and is better than the 3rd. 3rd is suburban a bit while 2nd is the rural hicks of NJ that voted for Obama after sandy.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 07:46:13 PM »

I really liked Jay Webber as a candidate but he got BTFO hard. It's probably not worth it to target NJ-11 especially with redistricting likely to shake north Jersey up a lot.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 11:11:48 PM »

You think that a candidate who lost by 13.5% can win a rematch? That's adorable.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 11:13:13 PM »

You think that a candidate who lost by 13.5% can win a rematch? That's adorable.

yeah honestly Sherril is pretty safe until a red wave year without Trump on the ballot. Jay Webber although not the best fit ideologically was still one of the stronger recruits the NRCC had for this district.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 12:32:05 AM »

Would Jay Webber be a good candidate to run for New Jersey's 11th congressional district again in 2020 against Rep. Mikie Sherrill?

No. Run someone much more moderate and less Trumpist....
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 01:24:15 AM »

Sherrill won Morris County overall and even won my very wealthy, very Republican precinct (maybe the first time a Democrat has EVER won my precinct, certainly the first in my living memory). She won by even more than Gottheimer AND Van Drew, so most likely she isn't going anywhere barring some unforeseen scandal or if she seeks higher office (which I have to imagine she'll go for at some point). And if she is going to be dislodged it won't be done by the guy who managed to lose one of the most historically Republican districts in the country by 13 points.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 01:25:23 AM »

Sherrill won Morris County overall and even won my very wealthy, very Republican precinct (maybe the first time a Democrat has EVER won my precinct, certainly the first in my living memory). She won by even more than Gottheimer AND Van Drew, so most likely she isn't going anywhere barring some unforeseen scandal or if she seeks higher office (which I have to imagine she'll go for at some point). And if she is going to be dislodged it won't be done by the guy who managed to lose one of the most historically Republican districts in the country by 13 points.

Hopefully she runs for the open seat in 2024 (please god let Menendez be gone by then.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies