Meanwhile in Australia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:32:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Meanwhile in Australia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Meanwhile in Australia  (Read 18888 times)
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2023, 10:19:09 AM »

I thought the general consensus was that Rudd is quite intelligent? His faults surely lie elsewhere.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2023, 12:42:48 AM »
« Edited: November 13, 2023, 12:47:00 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

Alright Sports-fans,

Gareth Morgan makes cricket history with a remarkable bowling feat to win the game over the weekend on the Gold Coast.

6 Wickets in 6 Balls

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-13/cricket-miracle-local-hero-claims-six-wickets-in-six-balls/103098028

Gareth Morgan (centre) says his team "went wild" at the result.(Supplied: Facebook)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2023, 01:00:30 AM »
« Edited: November 28, 2023, 01:04:10 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

Prime Minister, Anthony Albanese has set free 141 illegal immigrants from detention after a High Court Ruling.

These include foreign child-molesters, murderers, rapists and other criminals who made their way illegally to Australia claiming they will suffer greatly in their home country. Now their home country don't want them back. One from Malaysia who killed a pregnant woman will face the Death Penalty for his crimes if convicted.

After the Government released them, the more dangerous ones released, 138 out of the 141, will require electronic monitoring.

Next Minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG0xdhSj2cA

When Albanese is involved in either the Alice Springs riots, The Voice, The Criminal Immigrant Issue, what can you say?

2023 has not been Albanese's year.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2023, 08:04:07 AM »

How was he "involved" in the Alice Springs riots?
JimJamUK
United Kingdom

« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2023, 01:51:03 PM »

And as much as the high court ruling is embarrassing (and politically harmful), it’s not a Labor specific issue as the same ruling could have been made under the Coalition to the same effect.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #205 on: November 30, 2023, 09:10:34 PM »

And as much as the high court ruling is embarrassing (and politically harmful), it’s not a Labor specific issue as the same ruling could have been made under the Coalition to the same effect.

Labor has been big on releasing detained refugees whilst Dutton has been staunchly anti-immigration because of this exact risk. Dutton knows from experience when an Islamic state falls to pieces, the first ones out are the exact people you don't want. So Palestine would send it's Hamas members and families out first. It's happening with Syrian families stuck in our immigration system due to strong links to ISIS.

Although your point is correct, releasing paedophiles, rapists and murderers into the broader community is precisely what Dutton has been fighting hard against. Dutton has copped a lot of bad press about not wanting the criminal elements within the immigration pool.

"They're not bringing their best" is not always a popular catch phrase in politics.

If the Liberals were in power, then these detainees would have been sent home under "bad character" legislation.

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2023, 05:08:12 AM »

One of the most respected senior political leaders in Australia, Barnaby Joyce, brought up the released paedophile, rapists and murderers wandering the streets under Albanese's watch.

Bad Optics

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0NwRoWxs8I/

Albanese will need to get these felons off the street if he wants to stay in power.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2023, 11:20:23 AM »

One of the most respected senior political leaders in Australia, Barnaby Joyce

Lmfao
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2023, 05:25:53 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2023, 05:30:41 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

A recent High Court ruling that held sexual criminals in detention including paedophiles, rapists and other sexual deviant immigrants found they should released into society rather than sent back to their home country.

Most Australians would prefer if Afghani Aliyawar Yawari, a sexual predator with a history of attacking elderly women, was detained in line with his crimes, but the High Court saw things differently.

Nek Minnit

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-04/man-immigration-detention-high-court-charged-indecent-assault/103187916

Shortly after his release, on Saturday 2 December 2023, Aliyawar Yawari was arrested and charged with indecent assault of a woman at a motel in Adelaide on Saturday.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2023, 06:02:05 PM »

Jack Russell Rescued

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0U48B-veVn/
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2023, 07:16:46 AM »

77 year old woman fined $3300 for bringing a chicken sandwich from New Zealand
A grandmother was fined more than $3000 for a chicken sandwich she forgot was in her backpack when she arrived in Australia to visit family.

Canterbury woman June Armstrong arrived at Christchurch Airport on May 2 about 4am for an early-morning flight to Brisbane to spend three months house-sitting and visiting family.

The 77-year-old was supposed to fly with her husband a few days earlier but changed her flight after she made her first bowls final.

When she got to the airport, she bought a muffin and a gluten-free chicken and lettuce sandwich, which was sealed.

“I sat down and ate some of my muffin and I really didn’t feel like it so I threw the rest away, but I put the sandwich in my small backpack,” she told the Herald.

“I just clearly forgot. I am very forgetful, but not forgetful enough to be diagnosed with dementia.”

Armstrong, who initially intended to eat the sandwich on the plane, fell asleep once onboard. She then filled out a declaration form and said she had some prescription medication.

Once in Australia, she went through border patrol, where her suitcase and backpack were checked.

As the official went through her backpack, he found the chicken sandwich.

“I said, ‘Oh, I forgot about that, I’m sorry. Could you throw it away for me?’. He just kept going through my bag.”
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2023, 09:51:14 AM »

Laughable, surely that can and should be appealed?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2023, 10:57:49 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2023, 11:26:50 PM by AtorBoltox »

On Albanese’s IG post wishing Australian Jews a happy Chanukkah, the comments are full of ‘Free Palestine’ and horrific anti ‘Zionist’ remarks, my ‘favourite’ of which was ‘how dare you celebrate with the Jews.’ The Palestinian nationalist movement here lives in a total bubble, and  doesn’t seem to realise the longer they keep acting like this the more people they drive into the arms of right wing political parties who will be substantially more pro Israeli than the current government, as happened in The Netherlands.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2023, 02:34:59 AM »
« Edited: December 08, 2023, 02:53:24 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

Been waiting for summer so I can go to the beach here in Perth for a swim.

Summer in Perth

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0iZnR6PR_n/

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2023, 06:22:52 PM »

It's important for tourists to learn the lingo before they arrive.

Introduction to Australia

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C08YUFmrtt0/

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2024, 06:56:35 AM »

Hercules, a Sydney Funnel-Web spider, has set new size record for the species.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-04/lethal-sydney-funnel-web-spider-hercules-sets-record-for-largest/103286268

With fangs that could pierce a human fingernail, the largest male specimen of the world's most venomous arachnid — discovered by chance — has found a new home at the Australian Reptile Park, where it will help save lives.

Hercules surpassed the park's previous record-holder from 2018, named Colossus.(AP: Caitlin Vine/Australian Reptile Park)

Safely captured spiders handed in by the public undergo "milking" to extract venom, essential for producing life-saving antivenom.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2024, 05:02:19 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2024, 05:05:20 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

Australia Day was a day people used to get together and celebrate the country. My suburb does not celebrate it anymore.

Which is good in one way, because I get a public holiday and the pool will be open.

The Australian Open Tennis does not recognise Australia Day, nor does the Cricket Test in Brisbane against the West Indies today.

The only rallies in Australia today will be Palestinians and Aboriginals sharing a protest or two:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-26/why-are-the-aboriginal-and-palestinian-flags-flying-together/103390932
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2024, 12:02:52 AM »

Australia Day was a day people used to get together and celebrate the country. My suburb does not celebrate it anymore.

Which is good in one way, because I get a public holiday and the pool will be open.

The Australian Open Tennis does not recognise Australia Day, nor does the Cricket Test in Brisbane against the West Indies today.

The only rallies in Australia today will be Palestinians and Aboriginals sharing a protest or two:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-26/why-are-the-aboriginal-and-palestinian-flags-flying-together/103390932

I'm sorry to hear your national holiday has been cancelled in your suburb. Happy imaginary-Australia-Day-but-really-just-a-public-holiday to you then.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #218 on: February 09, 2024, 02:26:30 AM »
« Edited: February 10, 2024, 11:24:48 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

You Can't Handle The Truth

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3CTFOYp7rQ/
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2024, 11:23:54 PM »

Australia's greatest ever politician, Nationals MP Barnaby Joyce, has been found passed out lying on a footpath in Canberra.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-11/barnaby-joyce-asked-to-explain-canberra-footpath-footage/103453420

Hours after footage emerged of Barnaby Joyce lying on a Canberra footpath late at night, a chalk outline was mockingly drawn where he had been lying.(Reddit)

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2024, 02:04:32 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2024, 02:12:34 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

Meanwhile, in Beagle Bay, aboriginal community. Literally the hottest, most humid place on the planet yesterday.

It is so hot, these guys are lucky to be alive.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-18/asylum-seekers-moved-to-nauru-mid-political-row/103481494

The men were given water by locals in Beagle Bay before the arrival of border force officials.(ABC News: Erin Parke)

We need to do something about our illegal immigrants arrivals.

A total of 39 arrived yesterday from Bangladesh. This is getting out of hand.
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2024, 11:11:32 AM »

I've been watching (or at least skimming through) the recent "Nemesis" series (a documentary on the 2013-2022 Coalition government). Morrison comes off so badly that's I'm actually mildly impressed.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #222 on: February 18, 2024, 11:21:15 AM »

I've been watching (or at least skimming through) the recent "Nemesis" series (a documentary on the 2013-2022 Coalition government). Morrison comes off so badly that's I'm actually mildly impressed.

It's a very good companion to The Killing Season, just with a far more obvious villain. Meanwhile Tony refuses to interview and somehow comes out looking quite well, as always the rare politician who looks better the less he opens his mouth.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2024, 01:49:39 PM »

Australian's Losing It

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3gWWfIhpLD/

If aliens are watching us, they would be confused.

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2024, 06:24:31 PM »

The par 5 9th

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4OxCpJyZ1N/

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length