TX-SEN 2018 Precinct Result Maps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:16:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  TX-SEN 2018 Precinct Result Maps
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: TX-SEN 2018 Precinct Result Maps  (Read 3033 times)
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2018, 10:27:43 PM »
« edited: November 07, 2018, 10:51:52 PM by INCUMBENT Cruz Did Win, By a Shockingly Narrow Margin 👁 »

Dallas County (Dallas):

http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/TX/Dallas/77020/220390/Web01/en/summary.html

This one is a wow, especially in North Dallas. Just look at all those blue Beto precincts. There is hardly any left. Basically Just that little core in North Dallas, where Cruz did win, but with much narrowed margins. Pretty crazy, that. The rest of the surrounding suburbs all turning Beto blue.

Tarrant County (Fort Worth):

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/TX/Tarrant/89300/220314/Web01/en/summary.html

Democratic precincts starting to pop up even in the formerly blood red Fort Worth northern suburbs, and spreading south, east and west from Fort Worth, and into more of Arlington.

Fort Bend County (Southwest Houston suburbs):

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/TX/Fort_Bend/75958/Web02.216033/#/cid/9

Here there are relatively fewer complete precinct flips, so the gains include much more narrowing of R precincts and piling on larger margins in Dem precincts. But look at all those Beto precincts even in Sugar Land (Tom Delay's old stomping grounds).

--- Edit --- actually after looking more closely, there are a pretty good # of complete precinct flips here as well.

Travis County (Austin):

http://traviselectionresults.com/enr/contest/display.do?criteria.electionId=20181106&electionId=20181106&tabType=C&districtId=111111&contestId=3

Everything is Beto, and with big margins pretty much everywhere. And in the North, although we don't have a Williamson County map yet, you can just see what is leaking over the county border.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 11:39:46 PM »

But Betos loss shows that texas will permanently be a red state.
Im gonna have to wait for your name to change to Trump may lose Texas.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 09:55:41 AM »

Do you have any older maps that we can compare to, so we can see the GOP weakness in the suburbs?

Snipee356
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 10:23:21 AM »

These results are beautiful! Especially Dallas and Travis.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 11:59:13 PM »

Here's Harris County (Houston):

Here's the Congressional race in TX-22:

Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 12:03:42 AM »

Ooh, and here is TX-24, where Kenny Marchant barely scraped by against an unknown, unfunded opponent with Beto carrying the district. These are the Congressional race results though, not the Beto ones, so Beto may have won a few additional precincts (and improved margins):

This district should be a top Dem takeover target for 2020.

You can see that the only thing that saved Marchant was the blood red part of northern Tarrant County in the very North-western part of TX-24. But even there, Beto had suburban swings that narrowed the margins.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 12:10:48 AM »

Not a precinct map, but TX State House district pickups:

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 10:58:16 AM »

Yeah Marchant definetely retires soon. He really doesn't want to campaign. He probably saw what happened to Culberson and Sessions(and Sessions had the theory of campaigning) and doesn't want to see the point.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 12:38:45 PM »

I think Beto likely won a majority of state House seats. Wow. There were so many House seats on the knife’s edge that Dem challengers just narrowly lost

They can't exactly gerrymander state house seats to the rurals either. Senate and congress they can fajitta strip but not state house.
Yeah the texas state house is definitely going democrat in the next dem wave.
Also population change just makes it easier for democrats.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 01:15:26 PM »

Holy sh**t, Dems won a state House seat in DENTON COUNTY?

The fact that they cracked Denton before Collin is incredible.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 01:33:19 PM »

Yeah Marchant definetely retires soon. He really doesn't want to campaign. He probably saw what happened to Culberson and Sessions(and Sessions had the theory of campaigning) and doesn't want to see the point.

I think basically all the races R’s won by 4 or less on Tuesday in texas should start out as insta tossups depending on challengers. Most these districts weren’t even seriously contested

yeah or atleast Lean Rs for Olson and Carter considering their challengers were pretty strong. But kenny marchant was someone I never even heard of until like 3 days before. I dont even think Pelosi mentioned the challenger when she mentioned six candidates who could win. Yeah Marchant looks pretty screwed in the near future. I think Texas republicans drop him to save a gerrymander even if he survives 2020.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 01:49:41 PM »

I am thinking Republicans should do a low-risk gerrymander of the burbs and just dig Allred's district into exurban collin, as well as making a safe r Tarrant county seat for Granger and Marchant to fight over. For fletcher's seat, they could take away democratic Belaire and put in a lot of Crenshaw district, and expand his out into Montgomery(maybe even Lizzie's too). I think republicans still have some options and can replicate the 25-11 map
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 02:36:52 PM »

I am thinking Republicans should do a low-risk gerrymander of the burbs and just dig Allred's district into exurban collin, as well as making a safe r Tarrant county seat for Granger and Marchant to fight over. For fletcher's seat, they could take away democratic Belaire and put in a lot of Crenshaw district, and expand his out into Montgomery(maybe even Lizzie's too). I think republicans still have some options and can replicate the 25-11 map

Yeah no if Texas has 39 seats reps should give dems atleast 15 and probably 16 seats out of them to actually keep their gerrymander. Anything else is just GA 1990's all over again except in the reverse or VA 2010's and what happened in 2018. We saw what happened with VA on Tuesday going from 4-7 to 7-4. reps in VA are self packed into the southwest and remove that corner and VA is probably more democrat than so many other states. Going for an aggresive cracking gerrymander is just asking to be dummymandered. Look at the dallas gerrymander which went from a 6-8 to now a 12-2 LMAO.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 03:37:09 PM »

Yeah, and another one in Denton was not that far off...

64 (Denton County) 52.8%-44.5%

And 2 were really close in Collin County.

66 (Collin County) 50.3%-49.7%
67 (Collin County) 51.1%-48.9%

And 2 state house districts won in Williamson County (one of them not just won, but burbstomped by 10 points !!!).

Plus I would bet Beto probably outran the Dem State House candidates in all or most of these districts.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 04:11:02 PM »

Yeah, and another one in Denton was not that far off...

64 (Denton County) 52.8%-44.5%

And 2 were really close in Collin County.

66 (Collin County) 50.3%-49.7%
67 (Collin County) 51.1%-48.9%

And 2 state house districts won in Williamson County (one of them not just won, but burbstomped by 10 points !!!).

Plus I would bet Beto probably outran the Dem State House candidates in all or most of these districts.

If trump loses 2020 Texas state house is Tilt R. Its absolutely winnable for democrats and I don't know the media hasn't noticed how narrow the margin is in the state house.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »

For fletcher's seat, they could take away democratic Belaire and put in a lot of Crenshaw district, and expand his out into Montgomery(maybe even Lizzie's too).

It's hilarious and an indication of the direction TX is headed to see the phrase "Democratic Bellaire" used non-ironically.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 05:48:19 PM »

For fletcher's seat, they could take away democratic Belaire and put in a lot of Crenshaw district, and expand his out into Montgomery(maybe even Lizzie's too).

It's hilarious and an indication of the direction TX is headed to see the phrase "Democratic Bellaire" used non-ironically.

Yeah republicans have to baconstrip Texas.

Btw I saw a 33-3 map Texas(R)  I wonder how that would have done this year.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 07:28:56 PM »

Here is a 35-3 map I drew with 2020 population estimates which ignores the Voting Rights Act. I would be really interested in seeing the Beto #s, because this map is really playing with fire.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=294399.msg6294129#msg6294129
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 10:12:49 PM »

Here is a 35-3 map I drew with 2020 population estimates which ignores the Voting Rights Act. I would be really interested in seeing the Beto #s, because this map is really playing with fire.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=294399.msg6294129#msg6294129

yeah thats the one I meant.
I love how you made that map and I think you would probably take it for the next decade.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 02:34:24 PM »

Wow @ Collin and Denton County. All that blue in Plano, Lewisville, and even Frisco and Allen.

Also:

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 09:32:26 PM »

More panic mode from the Texas GOP

https://twitter.com/JMilesColeman/status/1061443465463169024

Yeah Beto almost Carried PLANOS district.

THEY NEED TO REGERRYMANDER THE MAPS SOON. Cut their losses with Fletcher and Culberson and protect the rest.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2018, 04:33:44 PM »

What's that GOP area in the north centre part of Dallas county that's so close to downtown?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2018, 04:49:17 PM »

What's that GOP area in the north centre part of Dallas county that's so close to downtown?

I believe that's the Park Cities, as well as similar areas in Dallas--ultra rich white enclaves.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2018, 02:32:20 PM »

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2018, 05:34:03 PM »

Here is something even scarier to TX pubs:

https://www.statesman.com/news/20181107/how-beto-orourke-expanded-democratic-electoral-map

The relevant quote there is that the Abbott campaign identified even more Abbott voters out there (700,000), but dropped them from their turnout network because they were Beto-Abbott voters. Sure a good chunk probably showed up on their own or got activated by the Beto campaign, but there are still more potential dems out there beyond the Border Hispanics and Houston swing voters that beto left on the table for future dems.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies