🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:34:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)  (Read 216730 times)
Flyersfan232

« on: March 07, 2021, 05:14:50 PM »

Her harelip attracted national attention last February when she unveiled her antidemocratic and anti-social behavior by hurling a bouquet at legally-elected Governor Thomas Kemmerich's feet.

Nothing wrong or antidemocratic or antisocial about protesting someone who collaborated with Nazis to get power.
Why are the free voters big in bavaria but no where else and is it possible for them to be in federal politics???
Flyersfan232

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 05:05:13 AM »

Söder making waves again and rules out joining a government coalition as junior partner. He says the Union should either have the next chancellor or move into opposition.
Would be the smart move
Flyersfan232

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 02:05:43 PM »

If the current polls hold, and the next election yields a 26-22-16-12-12-6 type scenario, would a black green coalition be the most likely outcome? Would the CDU prefer that over a Germany coalition? And if the votes were there, would the FDP prefer a Germany or a traffic light coalition? How do  FDP and SPD feel about a Germany coalition?

I think the SPD will avoid a coalition with the Union at all costs, and if not, it would prove that it has well earned its downfall.

What about with the greens
Flyersfan232

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 07:49:10 PM »

Extremely happy that SDP is going to win this. The Germans are making the right choice, punishing corrupt and elitarian boring politicians like Baerbock and Laschet, and going for someone competent, pragmatic and caring as Scholz. I certainly support SDP even if i didn't like them during most of my life.
the election didnt happened yet
Flyersfan232

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 07:53:25 PM »

Whoa, an actual SPD victory would be a good sign for the center-left in all of Europe, wouldn't it? Just not sure whether that lasts to late Sept. when the election is held.

Scholzy's pronouncements so far seem to indicate that he is still signed up to the debt break and the EU fiscal stability pact (even, if - maybe - that's just playing to the audience). So in so far as the best practical thing for the wider European centre-left would be a reform of the EU's fiscal and monetary rules, then it doesn't seem especially likely, no.

I dare say that the overall picture for left of centre politics isn't as grim now as it was a couple of years ago, and a German SPD government would be a big symbolic win, rebalance the forces at the European level and so on - but the PVDA and the PS aren't going to come back from the dead just because their German sister party found someone competent to run for chancellor.
what about austria?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 07:56:47 PM »

Latin America, Europe, the US…the political right is in shambles Wink.
italy and spain say hi
Flyersfan232

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 08:01:11 PM »

Latin America, Europe, the US…the political right is in shambles Wink.

Australia, India, Israel, Canada, Poland, France, Britain, the Netherlands, Italy, Ecuador, Colombia, most of Eastern Europe? And even the US isn't really a valid example, with Biden double digits underwater. It's rather strange to try and paint some global picture when Germany, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Spain?, and New Zealand are the only examples of such a trend, and a good number of those countries are the result of left wing parties (ie the Greens) moving right.

??
I have absolutely no idea what criteria are you using, for both sides. But in any case, I think you are treating that comment way too seriously.

Australia -- Liberals won in 2019 unexpectedly. Not in disarray.

Canada -- Conservatives leading in polls

Colombia -- Conservative government/dominance for last 30 years

And Argentina and Spain I said were places where the right was in disarray, not places where it wasn't.

are the right leading in polls in spain though?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 08:08:17 PM »

any update on the free voters this campagin
Flyersfan232

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2021, 07:55:04 PM »

Any possibility merkel get a retirement job as president?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2024, 07:42:05 PM »

the other parties got nothing but themselves to blame
Flyersfan232

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2024, 07:43:01 PM »

Belongs in the state elections thread, but anyway. Indeed it's truly embarrassing that apparently some people have learned nothing from history or just think this so called alternative will cure all our ills like magic (I personally would support the AfD be outlawed, and some scholars recently made the case for a ban). However, my expectation is that there will be a late swing towards the party of the incumbent prime minister in all of these three states. CDU is still within striking distance in Saxony.
banning the afd will make things worst
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies