🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:39:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)  (Read 216596 times)
Kabam
Rookie

« on: April 30, 2021, 05:53:54 AM »

[...] and the party is quite accustomed to over-polling. If it were for polling, the Greens wouldn’t be the smallest party in the Bundestag for four elections in a row right now.
This is just an often repeated myth tbh. They outperformed their poll numbers in the 2017 Bundestag and 2019 European elections. And the only election of the last four Bundestag elections, in which they underperformed their poll numbers was 2013.
Kabam
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 01:36:22 PM »

Palmer is a big liability for the Greens. He seems to deliberately want to damage his own party at this point. He seems like a very unlikeable and narcisstic person.
It's probably the best decision to throw him out of the party.
Kabam
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 05:49:42 AM »

Wissler and Bartsch have been elected as the lead candidates of the left.
Good for them, that they have not chosen Hennig-Wellsow.
Kabam
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 10:15:28 AM »

I can't read the CDU/CSU's number? Are they really higher than the SPD numbers?
Kabam
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 10:19:09 AM »

I can't read the CDU/CSU's number? Are they really higher than the SPD numbers?

Maybe not, because AfD is in last in that tweet but the share is above Linke. Don't pay much attention to this kind of "rumour polls". They just create noise. In 40 minutes, we will know the outcome.
Probably true. I am just desperatly waiting for the results right now. ^^
Kabam
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 04:48:26 AM »

I also feel like since Bavaria is rather wealthy and economically doing well, the SPD does not really have any enticing topics for voters. The Greens have at least environmental protection and climate change, which seems to resonate more with voters.
Also, the Greens seem to increasingly do well in cities that are also doing relatively well - which are most Bavarian cities. I don't think the SPD can make up the detrimental, large losses they had in Munich anytime soon (19% loss for SPD, 19% gain for the Greens). The Greens also won Würzburg last time, came close in Regensburg and had above average gains in all bigger cities.
And the SPD does not have really any opportunity to make up for these losses anywhere else. The rural areas always voted more conservative and the few strongholds they had historically in rural, protestant areas are falling apart aswell.
The SPD could at least get decent results (while they were obviously not competitive for the CSU for a long time), because they really had not much competition for voters, which were dissatisfied with the CSU - especially in the bigger cities.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies