🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:59:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)  (Read 216609 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: November 05, 2018, 08:48:45 AM »

President of the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution Hans-Georg Massen throws a hissyfit at the “naive and leftist” coalition policies,
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-politics/outgoing-german-spy-chief-attacks-naive-left-reopens-coalition-row-idUSKCN1NA105
You must be logged in to read this quote.
If he runs for CDU chairman, how much support would he gather?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 02:39:26 PM »

So are sleeper agents a common thing in German parties, or is polarization slow enough to cause the bleeding to have some leftovers?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 02:47:53 PM »

^^ it's basically unlawful, morally wrong and will never happen,
but let pretend it does happen and Muslim immigration is stopped, it won't change the narrative, in fact I think it will embolden the AfD and other far right parties even more.

You can't win the argument by imitating far right policies, particularly when it comes to immigration and integration,

You need to counterattack, change the narrative and talk about all the teachers, engineers, doctors, nurses, skilled workers and all the benefits migrants add to the society,

The contributions of the few teachers, engineers, and doctors are cancelled out by the much larger number of people who go on welfare and have 8 kids who also require welfare.

Immigration has been a net loss for Germany.

Lying is not going to convince anyone.
Can someone fact check Mortimer by posting employment and welfare data for nonwhite immigrants; I highly doubt the fertility rate is 8/woman.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 05:30:56 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2018, 11:00:42 AM by PSOL »

Rates of employment in jobs with obligatory social insurance by citizenship in August 2018:
Germany 68.6%
not Germany 49.9%
Pakistan 43.6%
Nigeria 39.1%
Eritrea 38.2%
Iran 37.9%
Afghanistan 32.5%
Somalia 28.7%
Iraq 27.7%
Syria 26.0%

Numbers are not comparable with Omega21's EU statistics. It should be noted that the employment rates of citizens from the states mentioned above have risen a lot during the last year.

Source: https://statistik.arbeitsagentur.de/Statischer-Content/Statistische-Analysen/Statistische-Sonderberichte/Generische-Publikationen/Fluchtmigration.pdf

I doubt the employment among Women from a lot of these countries will ever reach German and EU migrant levels.

Example: I watched a few videos of TV crews wanting to Interview women from these types of places in the streets and in one of them her friends said: "Your husband will kill you".

Now imagine a German woman saying "Oh no, my husband will kill me if talk to you". Yeah, not happening.

This was a bit off topic, but it's a very simple comparison to the cultural differences that will most likely make it impossible for Women from these areas to participate in the workforce at the same rate German and EU migrant women do.

I would assume the situation in Germany  is similar to here though, with most women working in some shape or form due to low income. Be wary of using the video to paint the whole canvas.

Either way does statistics exist of informal market participation unemployed immigrant are usually engaged in. Over here, a lot of female undocumented folks work as maids or gardeners. Does that similar phenomenon exist in Germany?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 09:30:08 PM »

Exactly what has Die Linke done recently in these few months? It seems as if they are stagnating heavily in recent memory.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 04:21:28 PM »

There is now another party with a member of theirs in the Bundestag: Former Social Democrat Marco Bülow has switched parties and is as of now a member of the satire party DIE PARTEI, which is already represented in the European Parliament with two seats.
As the reasons for his party change he cited lobbying, financial scandals and moreover willful neglect of environmental protection and insufficient support for caregivers (a yuuuuuuuge issue in Germany for over a decade now, especially since the outbreak of the Corona pandemic) within the SPD.

Die Linke is already far better on these issues than the SPD, and ideologically pretty much the same at this point in office, why not them?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies