🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:27:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 115
Author Topic: 🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)  (Read 216586 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2019, 12:08:25 AM »

And how likely is it that the SPD loses Bremen?

It's currently a tie between SPD and CDU.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2019, 06:49:10 AM »

Poll for the upcoming European election. Keep in mind that there is no 5% threshold so that minor parties were included also.

Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2019, 06:59:46 AM »

Btw, the candidates' list of DIE PARTEI for the upcoming EP elections consts of the following people. With the exception of the two top spots - both of which are well-known comedians, one of them already a sitting MEP - most of the people were selected due to their surnames.

1. Martin Sonneborn
2. Nico Semsrott
3. Lisa Bombe ("bomb")
4. Bennet Krieg ("war")
5. Kevin Göbbels
6. Tobias Speer
7. Elisabeth S. Bormann
8. Dietrich F. Eichmann
9. Andreas Keitel
10. Fabian M. Heß
11. Frauke Heß-Tchokam ("artist name": Frauke Hess)
12. Dr. Jens Glatzer
13. Marco T. E. Manfredini
14. Samantha Edsen
15. Eggs Gildo
16. Tobias Dittrich
17. Charlotte Brock
18. Katharina V. Drängler
19. Jana Käding
20. Norman Jutrowska

Are those stage names or real names? Tongue
Anyway, it's good that Germany's forensic biologist Mark Benecke, who has been contesting many different citywide, statewide, countrywide and continentwide political offices and seats in this decade, is only number 25 on that list. He is one of Germany's most radical and militant vegan activists.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2019, 01:03:47 PM »

Poll for the upcoming European election. Keep in mind that there is no 5% threshold so that minor parties were included also.

16% for the SPD is disgusting. This would be 11% less than in 2014 (which improved significantly from 2009 and was part of the reason Martin Schulz was selected as chancellor candidate in 2017).
pilskonzept
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -2.67, S: -2.92

« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2019, 02:34:08 PM »

Btw, the candidates' list of DIE PARTEI for the upcoming EP elections consts of the following people. With the exception of the two top spots - both of which are well-known comedians, one of them already a sitting MEP - most of the people were selected due to their surnames.

1. Martin Sonneborn
2. Nico Semsrott
3. Lisa Bombe ("bomb")
4. Bennet Krieg ("war")
5. Kevin Göbbels
6. Tobias Speer
7. Elisabeth S. Bormann
8. Dietrich F. Eichmann
9. Andreas Keitel
10. Fabian M. Heß
11. Frauke Heß-Tchokam ("artist name": Frauke Hess)
12. Dr. Jens Glatzer
13. Marco T. E. Manfredini
14. Samantha Edsen
15. Eggs Gildo
16. Tobias Dittrich
17. Charlotte Brock
18. Katharina V. Drängler
19. Jana Käding
20. Norman Jutrowska

Are those stage names or real names? Tongue
Anyway, it's good that Germany's forensic biologist Mark Benecke, who has been contesting many different citywide, statewide, countrywide and continentwide political offices and seats in this decade, is only number 25 on that list. He is one of Germany's most radical and militant vegan activists.

It's real, of course - and you see why the names get less interesting after #10.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2019, 12:35:45 PM »

New poll for the federal election:

Man, I hate the multi-party system, when none is polling above 30%. Too many parties!
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2019, 12:58:29 PM »

Man, I hate the multi-party system, when none is polling above 30%. Too many parties!

Wow, the Right lead over Left has been reduced to 1 (48-47)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2019, 01:15:44 PM »

Yes but the greens have moved so hard to the centre that they can hardly be described as "left". A red-red-green coalition is nothing but a wet dream as nobody outside the Jusos and die linke wants it, the only possible constellations are red-black and black-yellow-green.
Indeed the Greens have become so bürgerlich (bourgeois) that their Voters are the second richest behind the FDP!

Not even among the Jusos everyone would like a red-red-green coalition. More than half in my county are opposed to that, including myself, even though we're a more right/center-leaning constituency compared to the rest of the party.
mgop
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2019, 01:58:58 PM »

Yes but the greens have moved so hard to the centre that they can hardly be described as "left". A red-red-green coalition is nothing but a wet dream as nobody outside the Jusos and die linke wants it, the only possible constellations are red-black and black-yellow-green.
Indeed the Greens have become so bürgerlich (bourgeois) that their Voters are the second richest behind the FDP!

Not even among the Jusos everyone would like a red-red-green coalition. More than half in my county are opposed to that, including myself, even though we're a more right/center-leaning constituency compared to the rest of the party.

lol and you are supposed to be jusos member? please change avatar color to blue.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2019, 03:22:01 PM »

Wait, aren't the Jusos supposed to be the more radical (left wing) part of SPD? Generally youth wings tend to be more extreme than the party at large

Also, if red-red-green gets a majority and SPD (or Grüne) refuse to go for it, they unironically deserve falling below the 5% threshold. What's the point of voting SPD or Grüne if you won't get a left wing government out of it when one actually gets a chance of being formed?
DL
Canada

« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2019, 03:48:49 PM »

If this poll was the result of the election Black/Red would not have a majority! Could we see Black/Green?
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2019, 04:48:51 PM »

If this poll was the result of the election Black/Red would not have a majority! Could we see Black/Green?

A lot can change in 2 years but quite possible, you have some of those at state levels.  AKK is quite centrist so I could see her working well with them.  Had the CDU chosen Merz I doubt any of the parties on the left would have been willing to work with the CDU, but also the left might have better numbers.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2019, 05:27:34 AM »

My European Wahl-o-mat results...

Unweighted

Greens 85.5%
SPD 81.6%
Die Partei 73.7%
Left 68.4%
CDU/CSU 59.2%
FDP 57.9%
Free Voters 55.3%
AfD 13.2%

Weighted

Greens 88.0%
SPD 85.2%
Die Partei 77.8%
Left 70.4%
CDU/CSU 62.0%
Free Voters 59.3%
FDP 58.3%
AfD 10.2%
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2019, 05:52:39 AM »

I wonder on what this assessement is based exactly... Robert Habeck's recent call to collectivize large housing companies or his call from last year to replace Hartz IV with a Basic Income-ish proposal?  Given the latter position it can be argued that the Greens are more left-wing now than they were back in 2002, when they did govern with the SPD on the federal level and introduced Hartz IV. Then again, the same could be said about SPD who also walked back on Hartz IV recently. Except that this is more of a "hypothetical" stance during those periods in which the SPD governs with the CDU, as they happen to do right now. Then again, the same could said about the Greens during those periods in which they govern with the CDU. Tongue
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2019, 07:07:56 AM »

Why are there three Nazi parties on the ballot? What's the difference between them? Will III. Weg and Die Rechte cause the NPD not to make it in?

My Wahl-O-Mat result:
AfD 88.9%
FDP 46.7%
CDU-CSU 44.4%
ÖDP 32.2%
Die Linke 23.3%
Die Partei 22.2%
SPD 15.6%
Grüne 12.2%
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2019, 10:01:31 AM »

A shame there isn't a German general discussion thread in the International Discussion board, but I found a very interesting article:

https://www.politico.eu/article/germany-nato-russia-ukraine-crimea-west-defense-army-military/?fbclid=IwAR1sqHI5ZwoC_NLHQU060O_t9IdMipuGZx9Xwjv74vD4AcXlOcxqiiePN4k
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2019, 12:59:36 PM »

Why are there three Nazi parties on the ballot? What's the difference between them? Will III. Weg and Die Rechte cause the NPD not to make it in?

Die Rechte is the successor party of the DVU, which merged with the NPD in 2012.
Der III. Weg originated from the forbidden neo-Nazi goon squad Freies Netz Süd in 2013 and is mostly active in the East and in the South.
Ideologically they are the same scum.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2019, 01:25:23 PM »

Meanwhile in Germany, Jusos (youth wing of the SPD) chairman Kevin Kühnert is dominating the headlines.
Kühnert, who came to fame as the loudest and most resolute opponent of the imminent GroKo back in 2017, has called for the nationalization of BMW; furthermore he wants to prohibit owner-occupants to own more than one apartment complex.

The SPD leadership, including Nahles, and trade associations and even the Greens (!) are enraged.
Johannes Kahrs, a neoliberal Social Democratic member of the Bundestag from Hamburg, alleged via Twitter that Kevin must have smoked something illegal. 😂

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2019, 03:11:15 PM »

I love Germany so much
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2019, 07:13:16 AM »

Best campaign poster ever:

„These are the issues we are putting our emphasis on:“

Keep Calm and ...
OldEurope
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2019, 08:17:22 AM »

Fair point. However with Habeck and Göring-Eckardt for the first time in the modern history of the Greens two members of the moderate (realo) wing are leading the party...

Chairpersons of the Greens are Robert Habeck and Annalena Baerbock (both are realos). Katrin Göring-Eckardt is the co-leader of the green fraction in the Bundestag.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2019, 08:25:24 AM »

I have a feeling that the SPD's result is gonna plummet compared with their last (already disastrous) 2017 result. Kommi-Kevin's steep demands were the straw to break the camel's back.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2019, 09:08:26 AM »

Fair point. However with Habeck and Göring-Eckardt for the first time in the modern history of the Greens two members of the moderate (realo) wing are leading the party, until now they had a constant balance between one realo and one leftist in the party leadership.

It's quite complicated with the Greens and their "Doppelspitzen":

Chairpersons: Annalena Baerbock and Robert Habeck
Caucus leaders: Katrin Göring-Eckardt and Anton Hofreiter
"Top candidates" for the 2017 federal election: Katrin Göring-Eckardt and Cem Özdemir
Vice President of the Bundestag: Claudia Roth
Top candidates for the 2019 European election: Ska Keller (and Dutch GroenLinks politician Bas Eickhout)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2019, 04:48:22 PM »

Oh, the FDP put up a poster like that at Aarau station, with the tag "Was sind deine ideen?" and then a blank space where people could write their thoughts. Went well for about half a day until someone used up the entire poster to write "Kommunismus!"

Still cracks me up every time I see it.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2019, 06:23:30 AM »
« Edited: May 05, 2019, 06:27:09 AM by Lechasseur »

If nobody's polling above 30% it's simply because none of the parties are worthwhile. Even in 2013, the CDU/CSU had over 40% of the vote I believe, if they're in the 20s now it's because they alienated the right and basically turned into the SPD's right wing.

There just isn't much of a difference at all between the SPD and the CDU, and that's why they've bled so many votes in the last few years both to their right and to their left.

Afterwards what's interesting is the Greens seem to be replacing the SPD is the main left-wing party, but it's not the same type of left, it seems to be a much more bourgeois left wing party, which I think also says who votes for the left at this point.

And that's what I love about PR, you're not forced to hold your nose to the same degree as in FPTP systems (oftentimes you still do, but the parties will often have options closer to your real beliefs than in FPTP), and especially it allows you to punish parties much more easily than in FPTP. Two party systems aren't healthy imo and just lead to toxic polarization.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 115  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies