Pakistani woman free from blasphemy death penalty, causes Islamists to protest.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:30:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Pakistani woman free from blasphemy death penalty, causes Islamists to protest.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Pakistani woman free from blasphemy death penalty, causes Islamists to protest.  (Read 2169 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2018, 02:33:38 PM »
« edited: May 11, 2019, 05:57:18 AM by Blind Jaunting »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pakistan-blasphemy/pakistan-islamists-protest-for-second-day-after-christian-acquitted-of-blasphemy-idUSKCN1N63MT
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Excellent news!  
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 10:59:06 AM »

The Pakistani government just folded to the Islamists
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/02/outrage-as-pakistani-government-vows-to-stop-asia-bibi-leaving
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I expected Khan to be a disappointment but not so soon.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 11:01:02 AM »

Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan are a new force in Islamist politics in Pakistan and are, to say the least, bad news.* The TLP's platform is pretty simple: kill all apostates and blasphemers. They aren't interested in much else.

*Tautology, obviously.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 11:14:34 AM »

Dutch government parties CDA, D66 and CU want to grant her asylum in the Netherlands for her safety.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 11:17:57 AM »

Dutch government parties CDA, D66 and CU want to grant her asylum in the Netherlands for her safety.

But would she be safe there ?

She'd only be safe in a country without Muslim extremists. Sadly, the Netherlands and much of Europe are full with these bastards.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 01:33:38 PM »

She'd only be safe in a country without Muslim extremists. Sadly, the Netherlands and much of Europe are full with these bastards.

She is obviously a trillion times safer than in Pakistan, she will be fine. Is this really a serious question?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 02:36:11 PM »

the people of Pakistan are living up to the stereotype I see.

She is obviously a trillion times safer than in Pakistan, she will be fine. Is this really a serious question?
ask Theo Van Gogh if it's safe to be a high profile "enemy" of Islam in the Netherlands.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 05:34:46 PM »

I would say approximately 1000% safer than in Pakistan.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 05:59:47 PM »

Yeah gee, she'll probably get lynched in Pakistan.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 06:15:05 PM »

Yeah gee, she'll probably get lynched in Pakistan.
I would also assume that she’ll be protected by security till the story dies down. With Van Gogh, he was a target by an actual group, something that Islamists try to fall through with. I suspect she will be more similar to Salman Rudshe.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 07:33:12 PM »

I would say approximately 1000% safer than in Pakistan.

yup
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 07:47:43 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2018, 07:51:05 PM by PR »

Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan are a new force in Islamist politics in Pakistan and are, to say the least, bad news.* The TLP's platform is pretty simple: kill all apostates and blasphemers. They aren't interested in much else.

*Tautology, obviously.

Huh, they're Barelvi. Usually I associate hardline Islamists in Pakistan more with Deobandis (esp. after they have had their minds exposed to the ubiquitous and lovely Saudi-funded mosques, madrassas, and so on). Ugh.

EDIT: I'm reading up on the TLP and its origin is starting to make more sense now, though no less depressing.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 09:42:16 PM »

Huh, they're Barelvi. Usually I associate hardline Islamists in Pakistan more with Deobandis (esp. after they have had their minds exposed to the ubiquitous and lovely Saudi-funded mosques, madrassas, and so on). Ugh.

It's not that odd - generally the Barelvi movement is even keener on the brutal enforcement of the blasphemy law than the other sects, even as it is more moderate in other fields.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 10:13:53 PM »

It's a true shame to see what kind of country my ancestral homeland is. It's a real shame, I have more faith in them then they have in themselves, I believe Pakistan has the potential to become among the world's best nations, but they keep letting these radical jackwads and Saudi b@s***ds influence the country so much. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 08:52:05 AM »

Don't be obtuse. These are the exact people you should be granting asylum to if you are worried about people coming over to stay that don't like tall buildings...or subways... or are naughty ninjas.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2018, 10:30:59 AM »

Don't be obtuse. These are the exact people you should be granting asylum to if you are worried about people coming over to stay that don't like tall buildings...or subways... or are naughty ninjas.

I didn't say she should not be taken as an asylum seeker by a European country.

I just said that her safety in certain European countries would probably not be guaranteed, because of the infestation of radical Islam here over the past decades. Extremists from Pakistan have their tentacles here as well and could hunt her down.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2018, 12:02:40 PM »

I didn't say she should not be taken as an asylum seeker by a European country.

I just said that her safety in certain European countries would probably not be guaranteed, because of the infestation of radical Islam here over the past decades. Extremists from Pakistan have their tentacles here as well and could hunt her down.

Wouldn't not trying to help people like this out just make the terrorists win?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 02:09:31 PM »

She has finally left for Canada

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/08/721510444/asia-bibi-pakistani-christian-woman-acquitted-of-blasphemy-arrives-in-canada
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 06:15:34 PM »

Good news, though it is of course a shame this was ever necessary.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 06:34:16 PM »

Thank Og she escaped the moderate Muslims.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 07:11:47 PM »

What? No, it was the radical ones who posed a danger.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 07:12:49 PM »

What? No, it was the radical ones who posed a danger.

It's not that odd - generally the Barelvi movement is even keener on the brutal enforcement of the blasphemy law than the other sects, even as it is more moderate in other fields.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 04:45:32 PM »

eeeks, I was kind of hoping to be corrected/wrong there....are they really the moderates?  That's.....that's not good.  Why is it such a broken religion and what white person/people are we blaming for it this decade?  Still Dubya/Cheney/"neocons" or have we transferred all that blame to Trump/Putin/___insert group name here___ yet?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 06:46:13 PM »

eeeks, I was kind of hoping to be corrected/wrong there....are they really the moderates?  That's.....that's not good.  Why is it Judaism such a broken religion and what white person/people Aryans are we blaming for it this decade?  Still Dubya/Cheney/"neocons" Walt Disney, Henry Ford, ignorant rubes who sympathize with the German cause, or have we transferred all that blame to Trump/Putin Hitler, Goebbels /___insert group name here___ yet?

Imagine if somebody here said this (which is there as an example only, and I completely disagree with and condemn it) the forum would be responding back hard, as it rightfully should, but not for them broken Moose Lambs where even the moderates should be feared! You are next going to say something along the lines of oh, well Judaism and Islam are not comparable in that sense because one says and is way more violent yadda yadda yadda. smh
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2019, 09:03:03 PM »

The Saudis have spread their tentacles all over the globe, from Sudan, Pakistan and even Indonesia. Radical Saudi funded Wahhabism is gaining ground in the more moderate parts of the Islamic world.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies