Canadian Election 2019
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:41:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian Election 2019
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 91
Author Topic: Canadian Election 2019  (Read 192480 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: September 17, 2019, 08:25:00 AM »

Maxime Bernier appears to have finally left Beauce, and will be touring around Anglo New Brunswick the next few days. Trying to go after the People's Alliance vote presumably.

Outside of the four ridings they're targeting, New Brunswick is the best region for polling, probably due to the association/confusion with the PA. 
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #876 on: September 17, 2019, 09:48:08 AM »

Maxime Bernier appears to have finally left Beauce, and will be touring around Anglo New Brunswick the next few days. Trying to go after the People's Alliance vote presumably.

Outside of thefour ridings they're targeting, New Brunswick is the best region for polling, probably due to the association/confusion with the PA. 

Beauce, Etobicoke North, Nipissing... what's the fourth one?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #877 on: September 17, 2019, 11:03:52 AM »

Outside of thefour ridings they're targeting, New Brunswick is the best region for polling, probably due to the association/confusion with the PA. 

Their correspondance to the Debates Commissions mentions Charleswood-St.-James-Assiniboia-Headingley (Steven Fletcher) and Pickering-Uxbridge (former MP Corneliu Chisu).
Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #878 on: September 17, 2019, 12:08:24 PM »

It's important to note that the riding polls were measuring how many respondents "would be possible, likely, or certain" to vote for the PPC candidate. Results were as follows:

Nipissing-Timiskaming: 34.1%
  • 11.2% certain
  • 6.1% likely
  • 16.9% possible

Etobicoke North: 29.9%
  • 15.3% certain
  • 5.2% likely
  • 9.4% possible

Pickering-Uxbridge: 25.9%
  • 11.2% certain
  • 5.4% likely
  • 9.3% possible

Charleswood-St. James-Assiniboia-Headingly: 24.5%
  • 10.6% certain
  • 4.4% likely
  • 9.5% possible
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #879 on: September 17, 2019, 01:58:36 PM »

Nanos shows on best PM, things tightening which is interesting.  National #'s show a strong 3 day swing to Tories, but when you look at regionals not quite as dramatic, although not giving any details, but it does seem if you take average of polls strong East vs. West divide is appearing which you haven't seen since the 90s.  Whats odd is with twice as many people in East and Ontario and Quebec both having Liberal double digit leads in most polls, how do the Tories keep it tied or slightly ahead as even with blowout margins in Alberta and Saskatchewan, population is much less there.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #880 on: September 17, 2019, 03:23:39 PM »

Oops, I still have the four ridings on my brain. It is five including Beauce of course, plus Charleswood and Pickering-Uxbridge.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #881 on: September 17, 2019, 04:11:01 PM »

For Charleswood-St. James-Assinboia and Headingley in particular and maybe Pickering-Uxbridge if Tories improve in Ontario, this could help split the vote for the Liberals.  In first one a real risk while in latter I think Liberals would win it even without split today, but that could change if Tories improve in Ontario in which case PPC may help Liberals hold this, but won't matter if Liberals stay well ahead in Ontario.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #882 on: September 18, 2019, 05:38:36 PM »

mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #883 on: September 18, 2019, 06:20:24 PM »

If this were in the last four years, could be fatal, but being 18 years ago, as much as I wish it were bad news for him, I don't think it will be.  At most might make attacking dumb things Tory candidates did over a decade ago harder but that is about it.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #884 on: September 18, 2019, 06:52:15 PM »

He's done.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #885 on: September 18, 2019, 06:57:53 PM »

If this were in the last four years, could be fatal, but being 18 years ago, as much as I wish it were bad news for him, I don't think it will be.  At most might make attacking dumb things Tory candidates did over a decade ago harder but that is about it.
If I was a Canadian, that revalation would put me in a Solid NDP if they are viable in that seat.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #886 on: September 18, 2019, 06:59:25 PM »

I hope the Tories give Trudeau a taste of his own medicine
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #887 on: September 18, 2019, 07:02:04 PM »

Yup.  Trudeau ran in 2015 as the biggest SJW to ever SJW.  Time he learns what Cancel Culture is all about.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #888 on: September 18, 2019, 07:25:29 PM »

Yup.  Trudeau ran in 2015 as the biggest SJW to ever SJW.  Time he learns what Cancel Culture is all about.

I think that if Andrew Scheer's comments on gay marriage from almost 20 years ago are fair game, then Zoolander's brownface is too
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #889 on: September 18, 2019, 07:37:19 PM »

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #890 on: September 18, 2019, 07:43:20 PM »

Sure, Jan.
super6646
Canada

« Reply #891 on: September 18, 2019, 07:45:49 PM »

Meh.

I’m not a hypocrite on these sort of issues. Happened ages ago, doesn’t define him as a candidate at this point imo. Don’t get me wrong he should absolutely should not be PM of this country, but I don’t see how this is an issue.

Neither should scheer’s comments on gay marriage 15 years ago though. I wouldn’t blame the cons for using this against him given the way he’s portrayed his opposition though.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #892 on: September 18, 2019, 08:38:27 PM »

His apology was the best apology for this kind of sh-t I've seen from a politician in a long time. That's something. I'll still vote NDP in Vancouver Centre though, ha.
DL
Canada

« Reply #893 on: September 18, 2019, 08:50:34 PM »

His apology was the best apology for this kind of sh-t I've seen from a politician in a long time. That's something. I'll still vote NDP in Vancouver Centre though, ha.

You’ve gotta be kidding. He was awful. All he did was talk about himself and never about the people who are hurt by this and he couldn’t even bring himself to say the word “blackface”. Then he tries to trivialize the whole think by saying “he likes to wear costumes”

If you want to see good heartfelt words on this watch Jagmeet Singh’s statement
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #894 on: September 18, 2019, 08:51:28 PM »

mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #895 on: September 18, 2019, 09:20:00 PM »

You’ve gotta be kidding. He was awful. All he did was talk about himself and never about the people who are hurt by this and he couldn’t even bring himself to say the word “blackface”. Then he tries to trivialize the whole think by saying “he likes to wear costumes”

If you want to see good heartfelt words on this watch Jagmeet Singh’s statement

I think this might be the moment where NDP starts to rebound.  Tough to rebound enough to win outright, but certainly enough this might not be a bad result and Singh gets to stay on as leader, but we shall see.  Also might be the point when NDP pulls ahead of Greens is main progressive alternative to Liberals.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #896 on: September 18, 2019, 09:22:49 PM »

Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #897 on: September 18, 2019, 09:24:18 PM »

I'm really proud of Jagmeet's response.  It definitely has the ability to turn around the campaign. It's unfortunate that this has to be reason for it.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #898 on: September 18, 2019, 09:25:47 PM »

I am quite curious as to the staying power of this. Suppose it depends on the rest of the campaign (and on that front, the Tories haven't been doing themselves many favours).
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #899 on: September 18, 2019, 09:51:28 PM »

Perhaps the only saving grace for Trudeau in all this is that there's a month left to turn it around.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies