The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:42:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)  (Read 11476 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2019, 10:39:58 AM »

Time to update this, don't you think? Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2019, 10:45:11 AM »

Time to update this, don't you think? Tongue

Don't give him any ideas. Tongue
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2019, 11:54:52 AM »

Hot take: Whichever party loses an election is dead, even if they win the next one.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2019, 05:17:51 AM »

With another election, another update. And so, we have come full circle:

To emphasize just how dead the Atlasian Right is, this post will provide an easy one stop shop to look at just how dead they have become. (Percentages below include abstentions and votes for joke candidates with no lower prefs from valid voters, and so may differ slightly from official certified percentages.)

June 21-23, 2019 (The moment of Death)

President: Weatherboy Adam Griffin (Left) 51.5% ; North Carolina Yankee Young Texan (Right) 48.5%

House: 5-4 Left

South: Senator Vern receives only 62% of the vote, with 18 votes being cast for write-in candidates or his opponent WB.

Fremont: Leftist Senator Ontario Progressive was re-elected with 63% of the vote.

Lincoln: Leftist tack50 was elected with 62%; his nearest challenger, incumbent Senator LouisvilleThunder, received just 35%. With the Special election, the left earned a temporary 6-3 supermajority in the legislature. An extremely controversial gun law which even many Lincoln leftists did not support ended 1 vote away from ratification.

Anyways I am calling the October election Titanium Fed now Tongue
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2019, 07:51:56 AM »

To emphasize just how dead the Atlasian Right is, this post will provide an easy one stop shop to look at just how dead they have become. (Percentages below include abstentions and votes for joke candidates with no lower prefs from valid voters, and so may differ slightly from official certified percentages.)

President: Weatherboy Adam Griffin (Left) 51.5% ; North Carolina Yankee Young Texan (Right) 48.5%

South: Senator Vern receives only 62% of the vote, with 18 votes being cast for write-in candidates or his opponent WB.

Fremont: Leftist Senator Ontario Progressive was re-elected with 63% of the vote.

Lincoln: Leftist tack50 was elected with 62%; his nearest challenger, incumbent Senator LouisvilleThunder, received just 35%. With the Special election, the left earned a temporary 6-3 supermajority in the legislature. An extremely controversial gun law which even many Lincoln leftists did not support, that was actually sponsored by a Federalist, ended 1 vote away from ratification.

Anyways I am calling the October election Titanium Fed now Tongue
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2019, 08:43:26 AM »

I blame the Right's new death on Whitey insisting he's still young despite being older than, like, half the damn site.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2019, 01:54:58 AM »

Wow, apparently not! When will Labor recover, permanent FED majority imminent, etc

Reading back over this, it’s interesting to see the dime store version of Wulfric doing a nickel store impression of the same.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2019, 07:39:04 AM »

Wow, can't believe I actually can update this! Also, history seems to be repeating itself Tongue

Lincoln: Leftist tack50 was elected with 62%; his nearest challenger, incumbent Senator LouisvilleThunder, received just 35%. With the Special election, the left earned a temporary 6-3 supermajority in the legislature. An extremely controversial gun law which even many Lincoln leftists did not support ended 1 vote away from ratification.

June 12-14 (The Death Continues)

South: Vern, after switching to the Peace Party and resigning his Senate seat is reelected 57-43% with mostly left wing support; becoming the first left wing Southern Senator elected in over 2 years (April 2017); showing that not even in the safest region for the right can conservatives be easily elected.

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2019, 07:58:21 AM »
« Edited: August 26, 2019, 06:11:31 PM by tack50 »

The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right

Chapter IV: Even Deader than before
(August 23-25th)

As per usual, history is repeating itself.

House: Despite running four candidates, Federalists elected just two to the House. The Labor/Pax coalition captured a 5-3-1 majority, electing all the candidates that it ran minus JGibson, who narrowly missed a seat in a last minute attempt for 6 Labor/Pax seats. The left only missed on a 6 member House supermajority because of an inefficient allocation of first preferences.

Poirot, a notorious independent perennial candidate, prevents the Feds from having a 3rd seat. The count of 2 seats is a true embarrassment for the federalists given their currently aggressive work ethic. The count of 2 seats is also the worst result of the Federalist party in over 4 years (since June 2015).

The Federalist/ACP coalition only gets 35% of the popular vote and 3 seats, even worse than in December 2018.

Lincoln: Left wing darling PyroTheFox crushes independent candidate Poirot by 70-30. On top of that, no write-in votes were cast for any conservative candidate. Combine that with the fact that the Lincoln Council only has one Federalist member left (thr33, a moderate Federalist) and it's easy to see how the Lincoln right is not just dead but also buried deep.

South: While incumbent centre-right Senator North Carolina Yankee was not seriously challenged, opposition candidates did generate 18% of the vote, demonstrating that not even the right's most popular and well-known characters (to the point of being endorsed by the Labor Party!) can win elections without notable dissent.

Fremont: Liberal Senator Devout Centrist was solidly re-elected with 63% of the vote, despite having a strong centrist challenger. Again no write ins for a conservative candidate.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2019, 09:14:29 AM »

The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right

Chapter IV: Even Deader than before
(August 23-25th)

As per usual, history is repeating itself.

House: Despite running four candidates, Federalists elected just two to the House. The Labor/Pax coalition captured a 5-3-1 majority, electing all the candidates that it ran minus JGibson, who narrowly missed a seat in a last minute attempt for 6 Labor/Pax seats. The left only missed on a 6 member House supermajority because of an inefficient allocation of first preferences.

Poirot, a notorious independent perennial candidate, prevents the Feds from having a 3rd seat. The count of 2 seats is a true embarrassment for the federalists given their currently aggressive work ethic. The count of 2 seats is also the worst result of the Federalist party in over 4 years (since June 2015).

The Federalist/ACP coalition only gets 35% of the popular vote and 3 seats, even worse than in December 2018.

Lincoln: Left wing darling PyroTheFox crushes independent candidate Poirot by 70-30. On top of that, no write-in votes were cast for any conservative candidate. Combine that with the fact that the Lincoln Council only has one Federalist member left (thr33, a moderate Federalist) and it's easy to see how the Lincoln right is not just dead but also buried deep.

South: While incumbent centre-right Senator North Carolina Yankee was not seriously challenged, opposition candidates did generate 18% of the vote, demonstrating that not even the right's most popular and well-known characters (to the point of being endorsed by the Labor Party!) can win elections without notable dissent.

Fremont: Liberal Senator Devout Centrist was solidly re-elected with 63% of the vote, despite having a strong centrist challenger. Again no write ins for a conservative candidate.

Labor won, the Feds lost. That's it. Just because a party had a good cycle doesn't mean that their opponents are in any way "dead." Using your logic, Labor was "dead" during a good chunk of 2018. Using your logic, the real life Democrats would've been "dead" three years ago. Just because Labor won today doesn't mean that the Federalists can't pick themselves up off the ground. And this isn't the bias talking, as I'm registered with neither party, and while I used to be a Federalist, I don't really despise Labor or adore the Feds, so don't think that I'm a Feddy Fangirl who will fight to my dying breath in the name of that party.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2019, 09:26:03 AM »

Mind you, I have revived this thread partly as a joke. Tongue

I admit the right is most certainly not dead (in fact if the cycle keeps going the will win the House, Senate and presidency in October like they did in February).

But as long as it is Labor who wins I will keep bumping this Smiley And when the Feds do win feel free to bump it and/or create a "Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Left". As Peebs said:

Hot take: Whichever party loses an election is dead, even if they win the next one.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2019, 04:35:00 PM »

I admit the right is most certainly not dead (in fact if the cycle keeps going the will win the House, Senate and presidency in October like they did in February).

But as long as it is Labor who wins I will keep bumping this Smiley And when the Feds do win feel free to bump it and/or create a "Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Left". As Peebs said:

Fair. That long-winded reply I wrote was less directed at you and moreso at Wulfric, who's a teensy bit more serious with the "DING DONG THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD" thing.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2019, 07:50:27 PM »

Keep in mind, I think I declared Labor dead in like Jan of 2018.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2019, 08:46:58 AM »

Fair. That long-winded reply I wrote was less directed at you and moreso at Wulfric, who's a teensy bit more serious with the "DING DONG THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD" thing.

Unfortunately no, "the wicked witch" is not dead; as there are still a handful of Federalists (and ACP people) in elected office. But worry not, we at Labor are working hard to fix that mistake Wink
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2019, 11:56:32 PM »

Bumping this as it's very clear that Jan 2019 was a dead cat bounce for the right and Feb 2019 was a perfect storm. Apr, Jun, Aug, and Oct 2019 were each excellent elections for the LEFT.

WHEN OFFICEHOLDERS SWEAR IN ON NOV. 1, THE NUMBER OF RIGHTISTS IN OFFICE WILL BE VERY SMALL:

Yankee (Senate), Fhtagn (House), RC (House), LT (House), Muaddib (CoD) , Reagente (CoD).

YEP, JUST SIX CONSERVATIVES LEFT.

THERE IS NO AMBIGUITY NOW

THE RIGHT REALLY IS DEAD

(OP is fully updated)

MOURN THE RIGHT HERE.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2019, 05:22:51 AM »

I will note that the current Federalist total of only 2 House seats and 1 Senator is the lowest Fed total since July 2015 (with all that came at that time). There have been times the South has fallen to the left, but the House was still 5-4 and/or Fremont fell in exchange for the South.

This definitely raises questions on who will lead the opposition now and how
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2019, 06:18:07 AM »

F
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2019, 06:20:48 AM »

I must say it rings a lot more true now than it did in October.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2019, 06:28:20 AM »

I must say it rings a lot more true now than it did in October.
Yeah. The Left has basically full control of Atlasia for now. All regional executives, control of all regional legislatures (IIRC they're only without a supermajority in the South), Supermajorities in both houses, etc.

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2019, 07:35:40 AM »

Yeah, this thread was a year too early.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2019, 09:06:25 AM »

Yeah this is at least worthy of a thread now.

I still can’t believe how much of a bloodbath this was.

I’m sure they’ll be back eventually but still, this was a horrifically bad cycle for the right.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2019, 01:39:00 PM »

Yeah, this was brutal. I really hope that the right doesn't consider leaving in a mass exodus because they just got defeated big league and the game/forum is supposedly going too far to the left. If the left didn't do this 1-2 years ago why should the right?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »

Yeah, this was brutal. I really hope that the right doesn't consider leaving in a mass exodus because they just got defeated big league and the game/forum is supposedly going too far to the left. If the left didn't do this 1-2 years ago why should the right?

As much fun as I have had yelling "The Atlas Right is dead!!!!", it is not. Atlasia has seen several landslides for both sides.

If the Atlasian right was able to survive something like early 2015, it will survive this. June 2015 saw an slightly better result for president for the right (58-42), though Dkrol/A. J. Stmarken I am sure was a much stronger ticket then than AZ/fhtagn is now (or RC/brughmger2 for that matter); while February 2015 saw a 54-32-13 result, with the Federalist ticket on third.

Not only that, but February 2015 saw literally 0 conservatives elected to the then unicameral Senate! (with Yankee famously losing his seat). By October of 2015, the left had only 1 of the then 10 Senate seats. (albeit with Griffin as president)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2019, 02:10:42 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2019, 02:19:41 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

By October of 2015, the left had only 1 of the then 10 Senate seats.
:waves:

The right will be back eventually, barring a cataclysmic event in the life of the forum —but it's hard to overstate the drubbing they just took. Even in 2015, the Federalist collapse was tempered by the existence of other forces to oppose the left —TPP held the balance of power in the Senate, Yankee's defeat was engineered by the anti-Federalist center and resulted in Hagrid (a conservative and former Federalist chairman) becoming Senator for the South, and crucially there still remained races that the left just could not win. Even Bore in his reelection romp could not carry all five regions, and that same election PiT trounced Hagrid to recapture the Southern seat. On the inverse, during the permanent Fed majority of 2017, Frémont remained as a bastion of leftism without a single elected Federalist officeholder for most of that year. For the right to be completely shut-out everywhere at every level is simply unprecedented in the history of the game.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2019, 02:20:45 PM »

This is incorrect.

While Truman was indeed a Senator in October 2015, he was so as a member of TPP. Labor did have a Senator, New Canadaland. And Talleyrand got elected as a faux Federalist with Labor votes in a Special election and then proceeded with the expulsions of New Canadaland and Cassius, who were replaced by Barnes (registered indy) and Maxwell (who jumped between Make Atlasia Great Again Party and Labor several times).

So while Labor was without a Senator during sporadic points, the left was most certainly not without members. And then in early November when Maxwell was replaced by Celticempire, Lumine resigned and was replaced by leftwing Turkisblau.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies