The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:42:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: The Chronicle of the Death of the Atlasian Right (VERY VERY VERY DEAD!)  (Read 11477 times)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2018, 12:41:30 AM »

Alright, listen, Wulfric. Listen closely, I don't like repeating myself.

Your constant yappings about how the right is completely dead, how Labor is the ultimate party, how everything will be like this forever end right here, right now. The idea that any party will remain in power for eternity is foolish. A Fed could've just as easily said the same thing back in early to mid 2018 when Labor had no seats in either branch in Congress, and when Labor had little power in the regional governments. But Labor has arisen, as you can see. But Labor will lose its grace. It will fall. Enjoy your cocktails and power while you still have it. The fact that a race between a Fed and a Laborite in such a titanium L region in Fremont can be close is proof that y'all should move into panic mode ASAP. Because trust me, this "red wave" we're experiencing is a thin balloon rising and rising in the air, and it will pop. You better invest in some parachutes, because you're about to fall.

It was only close because it was a little-known write-in candidate, whose candidacy the left wasn't even aware of until voting had already begun. That they were able to scramble up the votes quite literally at the last minute for someone people didn't even know is really something. If Labor had a more high profile candidate, or potentially if RFA09 had simply declared his candidacy in advance, you would have lost by more. Also, 12 points is not really close.

It was a one vote difference. One vote. The only reason it was 12 points was because Fremont is an underpopulated desert. ANY VOTER COULD HAVE SAW THAT A LABORITE WAS RUNNING, and considering how Labor has put elections over legislation, they flocked to the polls and voted based on partisanship. There were only 3 votes before RFA declared, and all three were righties. RFA was going to win, because all hail Labor, Labor is the only thing that matters, party over people.

But, you're distracting from the main point. Labor has gotten very cocky, but this success will end. It has an expiration date. Brace yourselves, Labor will die, and the pendulum of partisan politics will keep swinging.
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2018, 12:50:44 AM »

If the right is dead, at least we can refer to the left, fittingly, as the 'undead' now.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2018, 12:54:49 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 01:13:24 AM by Representative LouisvilleThunder »

If the right is dead, at least we can refer to the left, fittingly, as the 'undead' now.
Well, that makes total sense considering how they are effective at managing mindless zombie voters to keep showing up to the polls to vote for your bargain bin do-nothing lefty candidate who ends up fulfilling none of the voters' actual ideological desires while in government.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2018, 01:07:51 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 01:11:53 AM by Southern Dep. Speaker Dwarven Dragon »

Alright, listen, Wulfric. Listen closely, I don't like repeating myself.

Your constant yappings about how the right is completely dead, how Labor is the ultimate party, how everything will be like this forever end right here, right now. The idea that any party will remain in power for eternity is foolish. A Fed could've just as easily said the same thing back in early to mid 2018 when Labor had no seats in either branch in Congress, and when Labor had little power in the regional governments. But Labor has arisen, as you can see. But Labor will lose its grace. It will fall. Enjoy your cocktails and power while you still have it. The fact that a race between a Fed and a Laborite in such a titanium L region in Fremont can be close is proof that y'all should move into panic mode ASAP. Because trust me, this "red wave" we're experiencing is a thin balloon rising and rising in the air, and it will pop. You better invest in some parachutes, because you're about to fall.

It was only close because it was a little-known write-in candidate, whose candidacy the left wasn't even aware of until voting had already begun. That they were able to scramble up the votes quite literally at the last minute for someone people didn't even know is really something. If Labor had a more high profile candidate, or potentially if RFA09 had simply declared his candidacy in advance, you would have lost by more. Also, 12 points is not really close.

It was a one vote difference. One vote. The only reason it was 12 points was because Fremont is an underpopulated desert. ANY VOTER COULD HAVE SAW THAT A LABORITE WAS RUNNING, and considering how Labor has put elections over legislation, they flocked to the polls and voted based on partisanship. There were only 3 votes before RFA declared, and all three were righties. RFA was going to win, because all hail Labor, Labor is the only thing that matters, party over people.

But, you're distracting from the main point. Labor has gotten very cocky, but this success will end. It has an expiration date. Brace yourselves, Labor will die, and the pendulum of partisan politics will keep swinging.

After transfer of votes, it was a FOUR VOTE DIFFERENCE (19-15) (not one).

Further, I disagree with the idea of placing the left's awareness of (and focus on) RFA09's candidacy at the very moment at which he voted. My thread on the candidacy was not created until hours later, and the first vote after his that mentioned him was cast hours later. Further, leftists at first resisted the idea by backing RoyCooper2020 as a first pref, then shifted gears. This is clear in the voting thread. Despite that, as your post hints, Labor wins regardless of whether you use FPTP or RCV to decide the election. This was a real last minute effort, and it was amazingly successful, and the right remains dead.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2018, 01:13:32 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 01:18:02 AM by KoopaDaQuick »

[snip]

After transfer of votes, it was a THREE VOTE DIFFERENCE (not one).

Further, I disagree with the idea of placing the left's awareness of (and focus on) RFA09's candidacy at the very moment at which he voted. My thread on the candidacy was not created until hours later, and the first vote after his that mentioned him was cast hours later. Further, leftists at first resisted the idea by backing RoyCooper2020 as a first pref, then shifted gears. This is clear in the voting thread. Despite that, as your post hints, Labor wins regardless of whether you use FPTP or RCV to decide the election. This was a real last minute effort, and it was amazingly successful, and the right remains dead.

Once, again, you're missing the ing point.

YOU AREN'T GONNA BE WALKING ON SUNSHINE FOREVER. LABOR WILL FALL. YOU'RE BECOMING COCKY ABOUT A FACT THAT IS NOT TRUE. THE FEDS WEREN'T DANCING ON ROOFTOPS WHEN LABOR WAS DEAD, WHY AREN'T YOU DOING THE SAME RIGHT NOW? YOU WILL LOSE ONE DAY. CUSHION YOUR FALL WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

ALSO, DON'T SAY THIS IS A MESSAGE OF PARTISANSHIP. IF I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT YOU, I WOULDN'T BE SAYING THIS RIGHT NOW.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2018, 01:20:01 AM »

Okay, I'm done dealing with you. Clearly, you aren't willing to accept evidence and reason. And even if I am cocky, Labor Leaders are clearly not, because we keep winning.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2018, 01:23:58 AM »

Okay, I'm done dealing with you. Clearly, you aren't willing to accept evidence and reason. And even if I am cocky, Labor Leaders are clearly not, because we keep winning.

Alright, fine. I'm just warning you. Believe it or not, I'm not a one-way Partisan Patrick. I don't want you guys to crash and fall and burn and die, because I want Atlasia to be fun, even for my opponents. You can win, but your golden goose will die, and you have to prepare for that day. The partisan pendulum swings back and forth. It is inevitable.

Just keep that in mind, Mr. Speaker. Keep it in mind.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2019, 12:28:01 AM »

Bumped after Galaxie's overwhelming victory in the Fremont Parliament Election.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2019, 12:35:39 AM »

Bumped after Galaxie's overwhelming victory in the Fremont Parliament Election.

Not really a win for the left, as everybody except for Galaxie lost in a landslide. In fact, I was the runner-up, and I'm what most would consider the "Atlas Right," or at least a moderate part of it.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2019, 12:39:12 AM »

Fremont electing a left winger in a by election news at 11.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2019, 02:17:16 PM »

How do the January regional elections factor into this?

In the south TM won by a slightly smaller margin than before, with more protest votes; but the Feds got back control of the Chamber of Delegates (3-2)

Meanwhile in Fremont while Scott ran unopposed and the left does hold a 4-2-1 majority as of now I think.

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2019, 02:21:30 PM »

In the south TM won by a slightly smaller margin than before, with more protest votes; but the Feds got back control of the Chamber of Delegates (3-2)

Meanwhile in Fremont while Scott ran unopposed and the left does hold a 4-2-1 majority as of now I think.

Given the Decent or better results for Feds in these elections, I decided not to include them for this.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2019, 03:49:27 PM »

Given the Decent or better results for Feds in these elections, I decided not to include them for this.

I mean, why let contradictory evidence get in the way of a good crusade narrative.

Which reminds me I need to catch back on Extra History again.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2019, 01:04:26 AM »

Well how did that turn out Wulfric?
We now control the Presidency, the House, the Senate and 2/3 Regional legislatures.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2019, 01:05:23 AM »

With the outcome of the elections, the right has returned to life.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2019, 01:08:38 AM »

This thread was, is, and always will be stupid.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2019, 01:09:13 AM »

This thread was, is, and always will be stupid.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2019, 01:22:24 AM »

Keep betting against us Atlasia, makes it more fun in the end!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2019, 05:42:44 AM »

Well, elections come and go in cycles lol. I guess it's time for a title change
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2019, 07:24:58 AM »

Inb4 the left is dead.

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2019, 07:57:38 AM »

Can't wait for Wulfric to become a Fed hack in June when FairBol primaries Tmth and wins the GE.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2019, 03:17:44 PM »

Can't wait for Wulfric to become a Fed hack in June when FairBol primaries Tmth and wins the GE.

Nope, I'm a Laborite through and through, as you can see on my house ballot. It's just that I didn't sign an oath to the Peace Party, so when the leftists are running a Peace Ticket as the main show, I feel free to vote my conscience, whatever that may be.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2019, 05:12:32 PM »

There's still time.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2019, 05:13:31 PM »

The "right" and the "left" cannot die. It evolves, all the time.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2019, 01:21:39 AM »

The "right" and the "left" cannot die. It evolves, all the time.

There is a thread about this entitled "Can ideologies die".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies