Nobody in Pittsburgh wants Trump to come
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 08:45:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nobody in Pittsburgh wants Trump to come
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Author Topic: Nobody in Pittsburgh wants Trump to come  (Read 21274 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2018, 11:10:12 AM »

Right wing anti-Semitism at work it looks like. Not a surprise. David and Ray had better wake up and smell the coffee.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2018, 11:10:27 AM »

This is a heartbreaking example of how antisemitism still lives on in 2018.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2018, 11:15:25 AM »

I knew the name so quickly because I was listening to the Pittsburgh P.D. scanner, They said his name when he surrendered.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2018, 11:17:16 AM »

If the reports are right the killer is Robert Bowers, he's a sick anti Semitic man way far right from Trump, which is even worst ...

He clearly is way more extreme than Trump or his supporters, but of course people will try to tie him to Trump.

This whole event was a tragedy and hurts our healing process as a nation. Can we all just stop killing each other?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2018, 11:18:35 AM »

He clearly is way more extreme than Trump or his supporters, but of course people will try to tie him to Trump.
The Trump campaign and relative normalization of the alt-right did function as a gateway drug for people to move much further right.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2018, 11:19:07 AM »

If the reports are right the killer is Robert Bowers, he's a sick anti Semitic man way far right from Trump, which is even worst ...

This whole event was a tragedy and hurts our healing process as a nation. Can we all just stop killing each other?
It’s to be expected at this point. Never let facts stand in the way of the ten minute hate.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2018, 11:22:16 AM »

The Trump campaign and relative normalization of the alt-right did function as a gateway drug for people to move much further right.

Bingo.

This is why Trump failure to denounce these type of people was such a moral failure.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2018, 11:23:28 AM »

No. The Alt-Right has been around in many forms for years and years, decades as of now. Take a look at their numbers in the 90's and then now. Its a pretty sharp decrease. It's only because of their loud internet voice that they seem larger than they are.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2018, 11:24:10 AM »

Pretty much agree with this. As facts stand, this man wasn't directly emboldened by Trump's rhetoric, but his contribution to the rise of the alt-right movement in America was probably an indirect cause for this emboldenment. I also wouldn't be surprised if this man is one of these nazis who pinned hopes on Trump at first and then got angry when he realized Trump isn't that evil, but that's just speculation.

Also, I do believe, from what we've seen, that while Trump is absolutely not an antisemite, it's low on the list of his priorities. We've seen that from his terrible reaction to the Unite the Right march, and even the initial Tweet reacting to this event.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2018, 11:25:03 AM »

This country has a long history of neo-Nazi violence. Is Trump to blame for Oklahoma City too? Because Tim McVeigh has been from my understanding the leading inspirational force for domestic terrorists for decades now.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2018, 11:25:42 AM »

Bingo.

This is why Trump failure to denounce these type of people was such a moral failure.

Yes. The reason he didn’t support Trump was because while Trump allied with these people and defended them, he still had Jews in his family and administration.

Blue avatars rushing to criticizing people for simply acknowledging what has happened... not a good look. Learn from others.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2018, 11:26:48 AM »

Not a good look, Sanchez. I suggest stepping away from the thread for a few minutes if you can’t hold back from comments like this.

It’s to be expected at this point. Never let facts stand in the way of the ten minute hate.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2018, 11:27:54 AM »

I don’t respond to threats. It sounds like you don’t like my opinion.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2018, 11:28:02 AM »

This country has a long history of neo-Nazi violence. Is Trump to blame for Oklahoma City too? Because Tim McVeigh has been from my understanding the leading inspirational force for domestic terrorists for decades now.
To be clear, I am absolutely not blaming Trump for this, and yes, neo-Nazi violence has a long history in America. I am just saying that hardline and antisemitic segments of the far-right have felt emboldened because of the Trump campaign, which - perhaps inadvertently - was probably the main driving factor behind the rise of the alt-right. It is not a stretch to believe that people have radicalized because of it. Of course we do not know if that was the case for the shooter here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2018, 11:28:58 AM »

To be clear, I am absolutely not blaming Trump for this, and yes, neo-Nazi violence has a long history in America. I am just saying that hardline and antisemitic segments of the far-right have felt emboldened because of the Trump campaign, which - perhaps inadvertently - was probably the main driving factor behind the rise of the alt-right. It is not a stretch to believe that people have radicalized because of it. Of course we do not know if that was the case for the shooter here.
Ah, gotcha. I agree with you overall.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2018, 11:30:06 AM »

I wonder how many people upon hearing this first were like "oh, another shooting". This is happening more and more frequently and many are simply "getting used" to this, and that's the worst outcome possible.

I hope we won't have to hear more of a "just an insane lone preparator" trivializing. It should be considered an act of domestic terrorism whether it was one guy or something bigger.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2018, 11:33:31 AM »

Trump needs to read Goethe:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2018, 11:34:17 AM »

Deep shame on whoever did this, I stand with my jewish brothers and sisters. I treat an attack on peaceful people worshipping in their own space as an attack on us all. I hope whatever lowlife scum, whoever it may be receives the death senetence asap. I also hope that all those injured (besides the gunman if he/she is) to have a swift recovery, and for the families of the victims to receive comfort. Also we need to do something about guns.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2018, 11:37:46 AM »

Not a good look, Sanchez. I suggest stepping away from the thread for a few minutes days if you can’t hold back from comments like this.

💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2018, 11:39:01 AM »

Imagine being such a worthless person that your first impulse upon seeing a thread about a shooting at a synagogue is to defend Donald Trump.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2018, 11:40:39 AM »

Imagine being such a worthless person that your first impulse upon seeing a thread about a shooting at a synagogue is to defend Donald Trump.
Imagine blaming such a worthless person that your first instinct is to bash Trump for three pages...
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2018, 11:41:35 AM »

Let's just be clear about Trump and antisemitism.

Trump has been one of the more pro-Israel presidents.

His daughter is Jewish.

Her husband, who is also Jewish, is one of his principal advisors.

This doesn't scream anti-Semite.
Joey1996

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2018, 11:42:35 AM »

Smdh
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2018, 11:43:01 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2018, 11:43:14 AM »

Whole lot of economic anxiety from The Usual Suspects I see.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies