2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:16:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 80
Author Topic: 2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 167731 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: November 04, 2018, 12:25:47 PM »

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #501 on: November 04, 2018, 12:26:52 PM »

CBS battleground tracker remained flat at D+3. They said it’s been pretty consistent over the past month. They are projecting a 225-210 D House (+/-13).

Source
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #502 on: November 04, 2018, 12:27:45 PM »

And we've gotten only 3 over the past week, and they are 7, 8, and 9, which pretty much lines up with what we've been seeing all cycle.

All I am really trying to say is I would feel quite a bit better if they were, say, 9, 10, and 11 instead of 7, 8, 9.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #503 on: November 04, 2018, 12:35:08 PM »

Are people really freaking out about a 1% decline at 538 and a +.03 R in the GCB average? I guess it is Atlas.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #504 on: November 04, 2018, 12:35:16 PM »

Maybe those tied polls aren't too far off the mark?
Just lowering expectations. Don't fall for it.

Except that Bredesen's internals also show the race tied. I guess it's noteworthy that Blackburn's pollsters aren't blowing sunshine up her ass with inflated leads like some other pollsters are (e.g. Cruz's pollsters saying he's up 9)

That isn't good for him at all. The perception on here seems to be that a campaign's internals try to skew the results in as favorable a manner for them as possible, and that would be true here. If Bredesen's people can only manage to show him tied with Blackburn, that must mean he is actually trailing by ~3-4 points. And most recent polls show Blackburn up by mid to high single digits. People on here need to accept that he's done for.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #505 on: November 04, 2018, 12:38:30 PM »

Except that Bredesen's internals also show the race tied. I guess it's noteworthy that Blackburn's pollsters aren't blowing sunshine up her ass with inflated leads like some other pollsters are (e.g. Cruz's pollsters saying he's up 9)

That isn't good for him at all. The perception on here seems to be that a campaign's internals try to skew the results in as favorable a manner for them as possible, and that would be true here. If Bredesen's people can only manage to show him tied with Blackburn, that must mean he is actually trailing by ~3-4 points. And most recent polls show Blackburn up by mid to high single digits. People on here need to accept that he's done for.

My guess is for a 2006 redux in Tennessee.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #506 on: November 04, 2018, 12:38:42 PM »

Are people really freaking out about a 1% decline at 538 and a +.03 R in the GCB average?
Well we needed some excuse to do one last “Dems in disarray” before Tuesday
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #507 on: November 04, 2018, 12:41:53 PM »

Agreed. I think it will be many decades before Tennessee even thinks about electing a Democratic Senator again. Maybe in 2058 or 2066?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #508 on: November 04, 2018, 12:44:46 PM »

CBS battleground tracker remained flat at D+3. They said it’s been pretty consistent over the past month. They are projecting a 225-210 D House (+/-13).

Source

So it moved to the right by one seat?

Agreed. I think it will be many decades before Tennessee even thinks about electing a Democratic Senator again. Maybe in 2058 or 2066?

It's about as likely as Bredesen getting in or them NEVER voting Democrat again. Even Massachusetts is voting for a Republican. I'd say it would take a sustained existential crisis for it to finally flip provided there is anything left to flip.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #509 on: November 04, 2018, 12:46:34 PM »

Source

It's about as likely as Bredesen getting in or them NEVER voting Democrat again. Even Massachusetts is voting for a Republican. I'd say it would take a sustained existential crisis for it to finally flip provided there is anything left to flip.

That is my point. Tennessee could only just be 25% of the way through what may prove to be a century-long drought without Democratic Senators.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #510 on: November 04, 2018, 12:48:35 PM »

Guys, let's stop with the unskewing. Take this as a call for action to get as many Dems voting this Tuesday.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #511 on: November 04, 2018, 12:57:55 PM »

Source

That is my point. Tennessee could only just be 25% of the way through what may prove to be a century-long drought without Democratic Senators.
Hmm, one could say the same about Alabama before Doug Jones..
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #512 on: November 04, 2018, 01:01:50 PM »

Guys, let's stop with the unskewing. Take this as a call for action to get as many Dems voting this Tuesday.

I actually agree about the second sentence, though there should never not be a call for action to get people to vote.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #513 on: November 04, 2018, 01:05:38 PM »

The notion that internals by nature show a candidate in a more favorable position than in reality is completely untrue - at least not internals from pollsters who actually want to be of use to their clients and continue working with credibility in the field.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #514 on: November 04, 2018, 01:14:26 PM »

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #515 on: November 04, 2018, 01:23:23 PM »

Source

Oh, this model by YouGov gives Dems a 89% of winning the House.
Aurelio21
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #516 on: November 04, 2018, 01:24:32 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2018, 01:39:23 PM by Aurelio21 »

In this realignment election, the GCB is only confusing. The CBS tracker /WaPost /NBC Survey of the ca. 70 CDs in play is far more important.

The DNC has tapped into one of DJ Trumps traps: Calling out his and FoxNews' not-really-truths does not help. The "caravan"(lepry, small pox etc are extinct, and islamic terrorist are still trying to learn the "Teleport Spell" from Golbez from FFIV;-) )  is a symbolic scapegoat on which DJ Trump demonstrates his leadership skills. It is rather a totem. This "totem dance" makes your fellow americans who go a long with their guts rather than an model according to the enlightenment.

Thus he has repositioned great parts of his electoral alliance and thus narrowed the margin of error for the Democrats and reasonable Republicans/the former Elite of the Republicans.

In general:
And if the DNC would really understand that they are playing along with Mr Trump's script by calling him a liar on the topic "caravan"/ discounting the fear of social degradation in rural areas /WWC left behind, they would do something very differently. To be clear, they suck at connecting emotionally with their (former) constituents and thus leaving the space for him.

They should acknowledge the Problem(even if it does not exist), but A) strengthening the border patrol by doubling the number, and at the same time for keeping their affluent base donating some of their abundant Money from the PACs for a humanitarian solution together with the mexican government. Not taking the immigrants into the US but help in Honduras. And taking out in the same way smear artist like Jacob Wohl and James O'Keefe (painting them as anti-social).

This tightening in the polls / losing the rural vote for at least 2 Generations demonstrates an inability to see what connection with the voters means. Most people sublimate their fears on other topics, and claiming rationally that they do not exist is as usefull as explaining a child that the monster under his bed does not exist.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #517 on: November 04, 2018, 01:27:31 PM »

I'm genuinely asking this:

What is the GCB lead that the Dems need to give them a House majority?

If I recall correctly, the threshold is 7%, isn't it? Because if so, that's exactly where the RCP Average is at....
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #518 on: November 04, 2018, 01:28:38 PM »

If I recall correctly, the threshold is 7%, isn't it? Because if so, that's exactly where the RCP Average is at....
Really depends on vote distribution in competitive districts. Most prognosticators would tell you somewhere between 5-7 points.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #519 on: November 04, 2018, 01:30:10 PM »

Look above, Nate Silver has it at 5.7%. It’s dropped from the original 7 due to a number of factors.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #520 on: November 04, 2018, 01:30:42 PM »

Yes, I encourage Hofoid to log off and go knock on doors
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #521 on: November 04, 2018, 01:31:31 PM »

Yes, I encourage Hofoid to log off and go knock on doors

Until 2020.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #522 on: November 04, 2018, 01:32:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You act like Republicans are operating in good faith here. Democrats already offered the Trump administration funds for more border security and Trump said no.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #523 on: November 04, 2018, 01:33:57 PM »

Look above, Nate Silver has it at 5.7%. It’s dropped from the original 7 due to a number of factors.

I'd believe that. There would be rioting on the streets, not just sore loser marches if a party was elected with a -7% margin. I am pretty sure that has NEVER happened in the history of the United States.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #524 on: November 04, 2018, 01:37:12 PM »

Am I missing something? Nate has it at 8.1%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-generic-ballot-polls/
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies