County level elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:51:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  County level elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: County level elections  (Read 584 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2018, 11:00:59 PM »

What are some county level elections to watch? They seem to get even less attention than the state level.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 11:20:33 PM »

Frederick County MD CE and Baltimore CE to see if Dems can retain those offices against Hogan’s blowout

I think we’ll be seeing a lot of Straight Dem except for Hogan voters in MD. I think Jealous only wins Baltimore City and Prince George’s and maybe Montgomery.

The Dems do have the edge in the Frederick Council’s regional seats but the GOP hold the chamber because of the at-large seats. They just need to flip those to win.

I was looking at Anne Arundel. The Dems only need one more seat to win and I could see them picking up Peroutka’s seat. Although it would have certainly been a lot easier if Peroutka himself was the GOP nominee.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 01:49:43 PM »

Dems May have a decent evening in Spokane County, though it’ll probably be a mixed bag
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 02:28:25 PM »

Morris County NJ - If Sherrill is winning by a decent margin (which is looking more and more likely), we may see the GOP's iron grip on the county finally crumble. If any of the Dem Freeholder candidates win, they'll be the first Dems on the board since the 70s, and if the Dem Clerk candidate wins she'll be the first Dem Morris County Clerk since the Civil War. Given that this county is wealthy, suburban, highly educated, rapidly diversifying and got hit pretty badly by the reduction of SALT deductions, it may see among the greatest GOP burbstompings of all.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 03:26:04 PM »

Frederick County MD CE and Baltimore CE to see if Dems can retain those offices against Hogan’s blowout
lmao, dude Johhny o is gonna win easy. frederick county may be a bit harder, though
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 06:49:56 AM »

I'll be watching the county-wide races in Lake County IL to see if the blue-ing of the county will remain isolated to federal elections or if it is comprehensive
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 03:28:45 PM »

County Executive for Jefferson County, Missouri. Hope to god Roorda wins so it gets him the hell out of the City of St. Louis.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 04:17:09 PM »

I'll be watching the county-wide races in Lake County IL to see if the blue-ing of the county will remain isolated to federal elections or if it is comprehensive

Yes! I will be watching all the collar county elections very closely!

But yes.. Lake County Illinois will be voting like Cook County suburbs soon
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 04:35:08 PM »

The race for Orange County, CA District Attorney will be interesting. Incumbent Republican Tony Rackauckas is plagued by scandals. Rackauckas will face Republican Todd Spitzer in the runoff. Spitzer is endorsed by the Democratic frontrunner who was defeated in the primary.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 06:27:54 PM »

County Executive for Jefferson County, Missouri. Hope to god Roorda wins so it gets him the hell out of the City of St. Louis.

Me too. Roorda's anti-BLM ways fit better in JeffCo than in St. Louis City continuing to stain the STLPOA's reputation.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 06:55:49 PM »

Me too. Roorda's anti-BLM ways fit better in JeffCo than in St. Louis City continuing to stain the STLPOA's reputation.
Roorda put out an internal poll showing him ahead last week so keeping my fingers crossed.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 12:54:01 AM »

La county sherrif election should be interesting heres a good piece on it https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/3946836-election-2018-la-county-sheriff/?fbclid=IwAR199gQF9bsnY750Xa0IQb3fUhda_4dApe5gu-bDmuz33tdUQJcPas9v--I
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies