Which Democratic Senate candidate is more likely to win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:39:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which Democratic Senate candidate is more likely to win?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Heidi Heitkamp

Kevin de Leon

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Which Democratic Senate candidate is more likely to win?  (Read 654 times)
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »

Is Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) or Kevin de Leon (D-CA) more likely to win their respective Senate race?
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 09:15:05 PM »

I'm hoping that Republicans vote De Leon out of spite. His voting record wouldn't be very different from Feinstein's, but he wouldn't have nearly as much political capital and influence. He also would contribute to tarnishing the Democratic Party's image nationwide.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 09:18:58 PM »

I'm hoping that Republicans vote De Leon out of spite. His voting record wouldn't be very different from Feinstein's, but he wouldn't have nearly as much political capital and influence. He also would contribute to tarnishing the Democratic Party's image nationwide.

I approve this plan, not for the same reasons.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 09:45:52 PM »

De Leon is far more likely to win, despite barely raising any money and doing a terrible job campaigning.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 09:49:13 PM »

De Leon, simply because it is possible (though far from probable, especially considering his ideology, skin tone, and last name) that Republicans decide to vote for him en masse to screw over Feinstein.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 10:10:28 PM »

Tough call to make here.

Although de Leon ostensibly trails by a greater margin than Heitkamp currently does, de Leon's race has more undecided voters.

I'll go with Heitkamp for now, although I will leave open the possibility of de Leon pulling it off with undecided voters.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »

Heitkamp (who is underrated on this forum, she's more likely to win than Scott, for god's sake)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 10:44:22 PM »

Heitkamp (who is underrated on this forum, she's more likely to win than Scott, for god's sake)

This post is so Atlas. Please explain how a Democrat in a crimson red state who is consistently trailing by double digits is more likely to win than a Republican who has a small to moderate sized deficit in a purple state.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 10:58:54 PM »

This post is so Atlas. Please explain how a Democrat in a crimson red state who is consistently trailing by double digits is more likely to win than a Republican who has a small to moderate sized deficit in a purple state.

Scott is an overrated candidate, IMHO, and he has to run alongside DeSantis. I'll admit that the post was an overreaction, but it's ridiculous that everyone calls Heitkamp DOA when the race is lean to likely R and FL a tossup when it is lean to likely D.
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 02:13:46 AM »

Heitkamp. DeLeon is basically writing the script for how to lose. This is his second chance to beat Feinstein and he hasn't shown any progress. Maybe ND will let the Natives vote.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 05:33:07 AM »

Scott is an overrated candidate, IMHO, and he has to run alongside DeSantis. I'll admit that the post was an overreaction, but it's ridiculous that everyone calls Heitkamp DOA when the race is lean to likely R and FL a tossup when it is lean to likely D.

The difference is that Scott is within a polling error's margin of winning in a state that is evenly divided for President, and Heitkamp is neither of those things. I mean, I don't think Scott's going to win, but it wouldn't be unusual if he did.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies