The Democratic Contract w/ America.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 03:42:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Democratic Contract w/ America.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Democratic Contract w/ America.  (Read 2724 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2005, 01:45:59 PM »

LOL. I love how dazzleman suppsoedly knows my opinions better than I do.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2005, 01:56:36 PM »

I challenge you to say something positive about the US.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 07:35:31 PM »

I challenge you to say something positive about the US.

Nothing in almost a whole week.  I thought so.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005, 08:13:47 PM »

Actually I just got sick of this thread and quit reading it, and thus missed your post.

OK, here goes: The United States has much better censorship laws than the rest of the world, unlike like in say Germany and Australia where certain violent video games are banned I can buy whatever video games I want here. Also the legal system is better designed than in most countries and there's no draft now and right now I'm a little too old to be likely to ever be drafted even if the draft was reinstated in the near future which is very unlikely, even though most other countries with drafts have been abolishing them lately.

See, there you go.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2005, 07:41:20 AM »

Getting back to the point, a clear and coherent Democratic agenda would be a start Wink. The party can't afford to expect success by virtue of the GOP failings alone

Dave
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2005, 09:09:05 AM »

Getting back to the point, a clear and coherent Democratic agenda would be a start Wink. The party can't afford to expect success by virtue of the GOP failings alone

Dave

I agree with you. A good agenda would draw critisism from republicans, but at least we would be focused on a goal that would move america foward, not backward like the republican-controlled congress is doing right now.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2005, 01:18:24 PM »

Actually I just got sick of this thread and quit reading it, and thus missed your post.

OK, here goes: The United States has much better censorship laws than the rest of the world, unlike like in say Germany and Australia where certain violent video games are banned I can buy whatever video games I want here. Also the legal system is better designed than in most countries and there's no draft now and right now I'm a little too old to be likely to ever be drafted even if the draft was reinstated in the near future which is very unlikely, even though most other countries with drafts have been abolishing them lately.

See, there you go.

So, that's it.  No draft and permissiveness toward violent video games.  The term shallow doesn't even begin to describe your thinking.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2005, 03:13:23 PM »

See, there you go.

So, that's it.  No draft and permissiveness toward violent video games.  The term shallow doesn't even begin to describe your thinking.

So explain some other things that I should mention?

The reason I didn't mention things like freedom of speech and basic political liberties is that plenty of other countries have these too.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2005, 04:33:24 PM »

See, there you go.

So explain some other things that I should mention?

The reason I didn't mention things like freedom of speech and basic political liberties is that plenty of other countries have these too.

Actually, I don't think I need to pursue this any further.  You have proven my point.  Thank you.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2005, 09:52:35 AM »

This is hilarious! A bunch of vague, vitriolic bull**** presented under the banner of a 'contract.'
Blank Slate
Rookie

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2005, 02:08:53 PM »

This is hilarious! A bunch of vague, vitriolic bull**** presented under the banner of a 'contract.'

Then it isn't too disimiliar then that Contract on America that the GOP led by Gingrich in 1994 presented to the American people.  And then led to several government shutdowns. 
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2005, 02:30:41 PM »

I'm sorry, halfwit, but the GOP Contract with America contained no digs at the Democrats, was very specific, and completely straightforward.
Blank Slate
Rookie

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2005, 08:48:44 PM »

I'm sorry, halfwit, but the GOP Contract with America contained no digs at the Democrats, was very specific, and completely straightforward.

Yeah, right.  I think your the halfwit.  But what do I expect?  Not much from you.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2005, 09:04:23 PM »

Uh, that would be "you're."

Here's the contract, BTW: http://www.house.gov/house/Contract/CONTRACT.html

Things like term limits, loser pays, and a balanced budget amendment could hardly be more specific; and, as I said it, it contains no digs at Democrats.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2005, 11:13:04 PM »

Hahaha, this "contract" is nothing more than paragraph after paragraph attacking the Bush administration. Once again, we see the national Dems with reasons why they hate the GOP, but no reasons to like them. The dumbass from Georgia may want to read the 1994 GOP Contract. There is no mention of the Clinton Admin or Democrats at all. Just ten bills to reform government.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2005, 10:12:29 AM »

Hahaha, this "contract" is nothing more than paragraph after paragraph attacking the Bush administration

Yes, and the Bush administration ought to be criticised. The guy's utterly incompetent and unworthy of the office he holds (and has been from day one) - but I will stress that the Democrats need a programme to build a better America. They can't expect success on Bush's and the GOP's failings alone

Dave
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies