Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:43:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump on Mocking Christine Ford at Rally: ‘It Doesn’t Matter. We Won’  (Read 5229 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2018, 09:20:13 PM »

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-on-mocking-christine-ford-at-rally-it-doesnt-matter-we-won

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is my problem with how Trump handled it. It's about winning and losing, where the apparent enemy is your fellow Americans.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 09:22:06 PM »

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-on-mocking-christine-ford-at-rally-it-doesnt-matter-we-won

This is my problem with how Trump handled it. It's about winning and losing, where the apparent enemy is your fellow Americans.

This exchange is a fairly good example of what the whole process seemed to boil down to in the end. Republicans had power and recoiled at the idea that they couldn't exercise it without challenges or limitations. I mean, why should the majority party have to pull a nominee whose past was sketchy, whose objectivity was now in question, and who was disliked and undesired by a solid majority/plurality of the country?

It's not like the Supreme Court needs the trust and faith of the people or anything Smile
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 09:24:31 PM »

3 more weeks and the destruction of Trump's presidency will begin!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 09:26:16 PM »

This exchange is a fairly good example of what Trumpism is all about.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »

Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 09:31:55 PM »

Ethos of Trumpism in a nutshell and why he and the GOP are alienating such a large portion of the country. This is exactly the type of nihilistic, situational ethics that the right-wing has been wringing its hands over for decades only to become its main proponents. Yeah, I can see why that type of massive hypocrisy pisses people off, not to mention how damaging it is to our national civic health.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 09:58:53 PM »

This is why the media should totally blackout Trump. They entertain his insanity.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 10:29:54 PM »

Once again, I find the utter shamelessness of the leader of the GOP to be usefully clairifying. Trump and his cult are not legitimate participants in our civilization, including our representative government and rule of law, they are bandits seeking to plunder it.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 12:03:20 AM »

Theirs is a world of black and white. Either they win or they lose. They doesn’t mean America or Americans, but rather their subset of Americans and, more specifically, their elite class. All that matters in the end is that they get what they wanted at any cost. And to hell with every institution, person, and tradition that stands in their way. I really can’t see how they can legitimately lay claim to the mantle of Conservatism when they aren’t genuinely attempting to conserve anything but their own power.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 12:33:16 AM »

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 06:20:01 AM »

Republicans have no message anymore; their only concern now is the win.  It's a game to them.

This country is a game to Republicans.
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 08:06:27 AM »

They should be polling at 20% on the generic ballot with how they've been acting.
elcorazon

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 09:26:20 AM »

They should be polling at 20% on the generic ballot with how they've been acting.
this is the sad part. We can all (mostly) see how this behavior is unamerican, how it shows a lack of leadership, how it divides us and how it diminishes us as a nation. It's quite obvious - it's hard NOT to see it...and yet, while the majority of Americans oppose the Republicans, it's not a large majority - it's really more of a plurality... and even more concerning, there are many who go along with it anyway so that - particularly when you add in structural advantages, gerrymandering, and use of power to suppress votes, Republicans are quite likely to retain most of their current power - they'll lose a few governors for sure, might lose the house, but probably will keep control of the Senate, the Presidency, and quite likely could add additional control to the courts, possibly including the Supreme Court, in the event that they do not lose control of the Senate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 09:37:08 AM »

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 09:37:15 AM »

Theirs is a world of black and white. Either they win or they lose. They doesn’t mean America or Americans, but rather their subset of Americans and, more specifically, their elite class. All that matters in the end is that they get what they wanted at any cost. And to hell with every institution, person, and tradition that stands in their way. I really can’t see how they can legitimately lay claim to the mantle of Conservatism when they aren’t genuinely attempting to conserve anything but their own power.

They assume that they will be admired for 'winning'. They have won, but at the cost of the credibility of the game that they now control.

They are not conservatives; they are fascists. They think that they gain energy by pushing a vile man into the highly-regarded Supreme Court. That they debase the Supreme Court matters little so long as they get someone who will excuse their worst.

Injustice Kavanaugh might be impeached -- by his liver.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 09:43:46 AM »

Trump’s greatest life accomplishment will be dying

This is why the media should totally blackout Trump. They entertain his insanity.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 06:57:01 PM »

This is how everything is for Trump. It's probably the Trumpiest thing to ever be said. And that's quite an accomplishment. It doesn't make it any less deplorable though.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 09:12:50 PM »

Overheard in Chuck Schumer's office after the Kavanaugh confirmation:
“He got me,” Schumer said of the final vote tally. "That f***ing Donald Trump boomed me."
Schumer added, “He’s so good,” repeating it four times.
Schumer then said he wanted to add Trump to the list of politicians he colludes with this election season.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2018, 10:58:29 PM »

Oh it’s already begun, we’ve already picked up a senate seat, a gov seat, a house seat, net gained DOZENS and DOZENS of state legislative seats, flipped local offices all throughout the nation like in Orange Co FL Shelby Co TN to just name a couple. Let’s keep it up next month.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 05:49:19 AM »

Love it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 12:13:42 PM »

Of course you would.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2018, 01:10:37 PM »

This. We won. Purple heart Trumps hate after all Smiley.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2018, 01:21:32 PM »

I mean, at the end of the day, you guys are the ones who have to live with yourselves.  Unless you guys genuinely believe that all of the allegations against Kavanaugh were unquestionably a vast left-wing conspiracy, this sort of blasé attitude about the matter is not just morally revolting, but inching towards an outright evil worldview where you don't care about rape, sexual assault, etc as much as you do about being able to do a Nelson Muntz-style "HaHa" for a month (at most).  I mean, there's none of the nuance or genuinely thoughtful commentary that we've seen from folks like Fuzzy, your posts are just you guys reveling in your own amorality.  Not gonna lie, I really thought both you guys were better than that, but I guess not Sad
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 01:30:30 PM »

nice guy FF
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 07:09:16 PM »

I mean, at the end of the day, you guys are the ones who have to live with yourselves.  Unless you guys genuinely believe that all of the allegations against Kavanaugh were unquestionably a vast left-wing conspiracy, this sort of blasé attitude about the matter is not just morally revolting, but inching towards an outright evil worldview where you don't care about rape, sexual assault, etc as much as you do about being able to do a Nelson Muntz-style "HaHa" for a month (at most).  I mean, there's none of the nuance or genuinely thoughtful commentary that we've seen from folks like Fuzzy, your posts are just you guys reveling in your own amorality.  Not gonna lie, I really thought both you guys were better than that, but I guess not Sad
I don't think it's a "conspiracy" but I definitely think all of these accusations were completely made up in order to prevent Kavanaugh from being appointed, and used by Democrats in order to potentially block his nomination and perhaps make sure Republicans could appoint one fewer SCOTUS justice.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies