Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:13:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 148623 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: December 04, 2018, 07:03:01 PM »

I'm in line to see HW Bush right now. Apparently they're keeping the Capitol open all night.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 08:39:47 PM »

I'm in line to see HW Bush right now. Apparently they're keeping the Capitol open all night.

More power to you. I was at the Capitol at 8:30 last night after a full day and evening of activities. I worried that the line would take me past midnight and I might not get back to my hotel in New Carrollton.

I got in line just after 6:00. I made it into the rotunda about 9:15, and the line looked like it had doubled by the time I got out. I can't imagine everyone in line stayed until they got in at that point.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 01:03:56 PM »

I've been thinking a lot about becoming a devout Christian lately. I don't yet plan on converting, and even if I did I most certainly would not be doing it now, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was a Church going Methodist in 5-10 years time.

In an era and culture of increasing irreligiosity, what do you think is making you swim against the current?
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 04:55:13 PM »

I think I saw Paul Wolfowitz today.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 06:23:23 PM »

Well I can now check "get french kissed by a drunk coworker wearing a platypus onesie" off my bucket list.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 11:10:19 AM »

Well, yesterday I officially got the hell out of dodge and am now back in Seattle with my family for the remainder of this crisis. Fortunately, it only took a little persuading with my job, since we were already working from home. I might post some pictures later of how travelling across the country looks right now. It was utterly surreal.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 07:02:48 PM »

Today was my last day at work for the org I've been at since February 2018. On to grad school and trying to get an appointment at the visa office that just reopened in the middle of a pandemic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies