Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 04:47:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 151021 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: March 07, 2020, 06:24:35 PM »

Thing's over with the chick. Theological differences. Kind of a relief--nothing wrong with her, just wasn't entirely on board. In any case, casting about once more.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1851 on: March 07, 2020, 07:18:27 PM »

Thing's over with the chick. Theological differences. Kind of a relief--nothing wrong with her, just wasn't entirely on board. In any case, casting about once more.

You need to download Hinge and then set the filter to "Christian only".  Once you do that, put "followers of Opus Dei only" in your bio since you can't get that specific in the filter.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1852 on: March 07, 2020, 08:20:19 PM »

You need to download Hinge and then set the filter to "Christian only".  Once you do that, put "followers of Opus Dei only" in your bio since you can't get that specific in the filter.

I was at a friend’s friend’s house yesterday and they were very bohemian. Considering changing sides for left-lib gf.

(Also, I have Hinge, of course; I tried Catholics only once and didn’t see a lot of good - the problem I had in this most recent instance is that she is *very* Catholic and I’m just, me)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1853 on: March 08, 2020, 11:18:47 AM »

finally got around to looking at the super Tuesday results, apparently I was one of 3 people in my entire county who voted uncommitted in the Republican primary lmfao
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1854 on: March 08, 2020, 02:26:31 PM »

Its a beautiful day to support a Common Sense Congressman!

Amtrak Joe
Roosevelt
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -0.70

P P
« Reply #1855 on: March 08, 2020, 07:23:26 PM »

Felt like making this clear, I voted for Joe Biden in the South Carolina Democratic primary, as Bloomberg was not on the ballot.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1856 on: March 08, 2020, 10:47:57 PM »

You ever just start crying because you realize you're most certainly gonna die alone because you're too afraid of rejection to start a conversation with someone?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1857 on: March 08, 2020, 11:12:36 PM »

You ever just start crying because you realize you're most certainly gonna die alone because you're too afraid of rejection to start a conversation with someone?

How old are you? Good-faith question; it's possible I've been there.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1858 on: March 08, 2020, 11:27:15 PM »

18. I know it's unreasonable to jump to conclusions when I'm still so young, but...
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1859 on: March 08, 2020, 11:29:25 PM »

18. I know it's unreasonable to jump to conclusions when I'm still so young, but...

I was asking myself exactly the same questions at that age. (It probably didn't help that I'd recently started posting on uselectionatlas dot org slash FORUM.) I'm 27 now and I've had a couple of relationships since then--unsuccessful ones, but I have had them, and I find it much easier in general to talk to people I'm interested in than I did when I was your age.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1860 on: March 10, 2020, 07:15:23 AM »

Trust me. The dread of having to lose and bury your husband or him you is equally as soul destroying. Don't ever be frightned of rejection. Be frightened of never reaching out and missing the opportunity even if the opportunity ends in either joy or pain.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1861 on: March 10, 2020, 10:57:53 AM »

I don’t often agree with Afleitch but I fully recommend his post. My biggest social inhibitor was fear of rejection. I still feel it, but I’m able to work past it with each passing year.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1862 on: March 10, 2020, 11:42:45 AM »

The past month of my life has been pure hell. My car decided to completely break down due to an expensive problem that isn't worth investing into it just the night before my fiancee and me were moving to Wisconsin. We had the apartmented lease signed, power turned on, and my transfer approved. Since then, I have been forced to move in with my sister and her fiancee (who are both unstable), lost my job, found out my income tax returns will be delayed (it took them a month to send me a letter about that) so I am now broke, my mom's boyfriend (who's severely immunocompromised) is in quarantine because the hospital he went to for a dentist visit just confirmed several Covid-19 cases so they had to both be tested at their apartment last night, my fiancee has been sick for a week and it has turned into possible pneumonia and severe dehydration so the RN at the minute clinic sent her immediately to the hospital, and now I am getting to spend the primary election day for my state in a hospital with them asking about her possibly having exposure to Covid-19 (my mom's bf was exposed after she got sick).

2020 sucks.

Anyway, please send some positive thoughts/vibes/prayers her way. We'd really appreciate it!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1863 on: March 10, 2020, 12:09:48 PM »

The past month of my life has been pure hell. My car decided to completely break down due to an expensive problem that isn't worth investing into it just the night before my fiancee and me were moving to Wisconsin. We had the apartmented lease signed, power turned on, and my transfer approved. Since then, I have been forced to move in with my sister and her fiancee (who are both unstable), lost my job, found out my income tax returns will be delayed (it took them a month to send me a letter about that) so I am now broke, my mom's boyfriend (who's severely immunocompromised) is in quarantine because the hospital he went to for a dentist visit just confirmed several Covid-19 cases so they had to both be tested at their apartment last night, my fiancee has been sick for a week and it has turned into possible pneumonia and severe dehydration so the RN at the minute clinic sent her immediately to the hospital, and now I am getting to spend the primary election day for my state in a hospital with them asking about her possibly having exposure to Covid-19 (my mom's bf was exposed after she got sick).

2020 sucks.

Anyway, please send some positive thoughts/vibes/prayers her way. We'd really appreciate it!

Best of luck to you and your family!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1864 on: March 10, 2020, 01:11:53 PM »

My fiancee has pneumonia. Thankfully, the hospital is releasing her soon with some medicine. It could've been worse, so I am definitely grateful.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1865 on: March 10, 2020, 01:31:38 PM »

My fiancee has pneumonia. Thankfully, the hospital is releasing her soon with some medicine. It could've been worse, so I am definitely grateful.
Pneumonia's no joke, glad to hear she's healthy enough to go home!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1866 on: March 10, 2020, 03:14:48 PM »

Voted.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #1867 on: March 10, 2020, 03:33:11 PM »

I've finally started writing again after a months-long dry spell. Kiss my ass, writer's block.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1868 on: March 10, 2020, 04:49:55 PM »

Pneumonia's no joke, glad to hear she's healthy enough to go home!

Thank you! I know pneumonia's no joke. When they were expressing serious concern about her SP02 levels and low blood pressure (84/54), I felt so bad that I didn't make her go to the doctor sooner. But, all should be good now that she's on antibiotics and getting better.

Same. I'm not feeling too optimistic about my candidate right now, but I voted for him anyway.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1869 on: March 10, 2020, 05:38:04 PM »

Hopefully, your fiancee gets better soon
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1870 on: March 10, 2020, 08:02:58 PM »

Of course I seem to be coming down with something right before two out of state excursions and a stats test, all running from Friday to next Sunday. My body seems determined to betray me in such fashion.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1871 on: March 11, 2020, 01:27:39 PM »

Apparently it's just a sinus infection. Should hopefully be good to travel by Tuesday. In other "good" news, my school extended its spring break, so I won't actually be missing class next week.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1872 on: March 13, 2020, 10:40:02 AM »

...And the school districts are closed down for another week.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1873 on: March 13, 2020, 05:29:03 PM »

Here in Michigan it’s turned into a mad dash for groceries as we each prepare to hunker down in our respective bunkers. I’m not waiting till the weekend to do my shopping since apparently every big store in the area was cleaned out this morning. I’m not actually worried about the virus, but I don’t want to starve, dammit. Reportedly the neighborhood stores get hit later and this so far appears to be true as I’m in a crowded but still quite stocked local grocery store.

In related news, I’ve started saying to myself “How I learned to stop worrying and embrace the pandemic-induced garrison state.”
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1874 on: March 13, 2020, 05:32:32 PM »

The pair of folks in front of me is running a tag team situation where one holds the place in line and the cart while the other grabs more food.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies