Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:52:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 150224 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: October 01, 2019, 12:43:14 AM »

Looking rather likely I'll finish off my year in the south of France. It ain't Hawaii, but it'll be a great way to end a great year.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1201 on: October 01, 2019, 12:09:09 PM »

Going to work on some election modeling this week/weekend. I have working example code, now I just need to figure out how to modify it for my own purposes. I’ll be using a Bayesian framework in JAGS. I have a bit of experience with that. The first real application will be a prediction of the Dem Primary in Nevada, by county/candidate.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1202 on: October 02, 2019, 02:47:53 PM »

I'm sick, potentially with the flu. On my birthday too. Yippee...
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 8.09

« Reply #1203 on: October 03, 2019, 11:55:57 AM »

I ended up going to the Bernie rally. Was a lot more fun than I expected.
Rallies are a lot more fun than expected. I only went to one Trump rally in 2016 but it's still a precious memory for me.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1204 on: October 03, 2019, 08:22:25 PM »

i am officially wasted on a weeknight oopsie, and i'll likely be at work from 7AM-11PM tomorrow. just how i expected my birthday to go lmao not like i wanted to celebrate anyway.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1205 on: October 04, 2019, 06:46:54 PM »

Decided to do some further research on pre-requisites for bottom surgery, even though it'll probably never be more than a pipe dream. I have no idea how feminine I have to get in order for it to count as "living in-role". Aren't I supposed to know this sort of stuff?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #1206 on: October 04, 2019, 06:53:05 PM »

I've heard rumors of a heat wave in some parts of the country, but for some reason it's basically winter here - which means everyone is getting sick, including me. Sigh.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1207 on: October 05, 2019, 12:36:03 AM »

I got turned down romantically a few weeks ago but it doesn't seem to have damaged my friendship with her, at least not so far.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1208 on: October 05, 2019, 07:22:08 AM »

So yesterday, on the train home from work, I sat opposite the president of the Zurich Green Liberal Party. Because there is no way I would admit to recognising who that was  in public, I blanked him obviously - but today when I went food shopping, I ran into him again handing out leaflets outside the supermarket; and got a very obvious look of recognition.

So now I am a bit worried that I'm being stalked by woke centrists
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1209 on: October 05, 2019, 08:07:17 AM »

A bomb threat hit my workplace this week.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1210 on: October 05, 2019, 09:29:27 AM »

I got turned down romantically a few weeks ago but it doesn't seem to have damaged my friendship with her, at least not so far.

I know the feeling- the same thing happened to me with a girl from my church in July, but we're still good friends.  I'm always one who tries to salvage a friendship with a girl I try to ask out if she is willing to do the same.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1211 on: October 05, 2019, 10:47:55 AM »

I was just trying to get you a day off work that’s all! Tongue
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #1212 on: October 05, 2019, 04:19:44 PM »

I have no idea how feminine I have to get in order for it to count as "living in-role".

I have no experience with this, but I would think you'd have to meet at least some of the following:
1.  You answer to a recognizably female name.
2.  You use women's restrooms, when they're available.
3.  You dress in a feminine way when you go to school or go shopping.  (That's the hardest to define.  Wearing make-up or earrings or carrying a purse seems like a good-faith attempt to meet this.  A woman could probably better answer what it entails to "dress in a feminine way".)

Like I said, I don't actually know, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.  I'm just trying to logic it out.

Aren't I supposed to know this sort of stuff?

You weren't born knowing any of this.  At some point, you have to learn it.  Apparently, you didn't have to know it before, so you're learning it now.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1213 on: October 05, 2019, 05:59:27 PM »

I was just trying to get you a day off work that’s all! Tongue

Not funny.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1214 on: October 06, 2019, 02:11:23 AM »

God Damn I love footnotes XD

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1215 on: October 06, 2019, 02:20:38 AM »

They're aesthetically and functionally superior to either endnotes or in-text citations. But in this case you need not include the in-text citation. Not only is it its usual ugliness, but in this case it's completely unnecessary.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1216 on: October 06, 2019, 02:29:17 AM »

They're aesthetically and functionally superior to either endnotes or in-text citations. But in this case you need not include the in-text citation. Not only is it its usual ugliness, but in this case it's completely unnecessary.

I needed four pages, this was the easiest way to achieve it.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1217 on: October 06, 2019, 02:43:40 AM »

This whole freshman orientation thing has been miserable daunting and lonely, if things don’t go well the next few months I might not be able to take it and just join the military or get a job or something, because this just seems undoable, kudos to all of you for being able to get degrees, it is an impressive accomplishment.

Oh also update on this. It is still miserably daunting and lonely, but I am a little more confident about doing it now but idk could be a bad thing to be gaining confidence too. Yet it’s weird since I am more chillaxed about it if you know what I mean by that. Like apparently midterms are a thing (never had them in highschool and never even  knew what they were until a couple days ago when I find out through others in my class that I am already half way through them or whatever and I never even knew or anything, I thought they were just normal tests) I guess I don’t pay much attention in class or read much online. Hell, I hardly even check my grades, maybe twice full self evaluation since middle of august. Idk, it’s just different and less urgency than highschool. Like I’m a simple guy with not much material want, so I know I have several paths open that I’d be fine with if I decide to drop out eventually, and it won’t be the end of the world. So idk, this is like one of the most “go with the flow” type living durations I have done in my life so far, and it feels weirdly liberating and comforting at the same time. So I’m aight for now I guess.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1218 on: October 06, 2019, 09:44:45 AM »

I needed four pages, this was the easiest way to achieve it.
I find a lot of flowery language and even an agnate Agnew alliterative or two helps with that. Stretch sentences, but never longer than 10% of the original sentence. Writing papers like this was literally the only thing I'm good at academically still Tongue
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1219 on: October 06, 2019, 10:09:24 AM »

Especially if for some English/literature/writing class, teachers and professors love alliterative language in papers, at least in my experience.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1220 on: October 06, 2019, 12:54:54 PM »

Thanks for the advice guys, will try that.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1221 on: October 06, 2019, 01:02:12 PM »

Imagine having to give a sh!t about footnotes or citations in your life.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1222 on: October 06, 2019, 01:03:34 PM »

This whole freshman orientation thing has been miserable daunting and lonely, if things don’t go well the next few months I might not be able to take it and just join the military or get a job or something, because this just seems undoable, kudos to all of you for being able to get degrees, it is an impressive accomplishment.

Oh also update on this. It is still miserably daunting and lonely, but I am a little more confident about doing it now but idk could be a bad thing to be gaining confidence too. Yet it’s weird since I am more chillaxed about it if you know what I mean by that. Like apparently midterms are a thing (never had them in highschool and never even  knew what they were until a couple days ago when I find out through others in my class that I am already half way through them or whatever and I never even knew or anything, I thought they were just normal tests) I guess I don’t pay much attention in class or read much online. Hell, I hardly even check my grades, maybe twice full self evaluation since middle of august. Idk, it’s just different and less urgency than highschool. Like I’m a simple guy with not much material want, so I know I have several paths open that I’d be fine with if I decide to drop out eventually, and it won’t be the end of the world. So idk, this is like one of the most “go with the flow” type living durations I have done in my life so far, and it feels weirdly liberating and comforting at the same time. So I’m aight for now I guess.
I would definitely prioritize your grades bagel, if you don’t keep up with them it’ll bite you.

Have you been active in any on-campus events and organizations? That would surely get you connected to folks and lessen the feeling of loneliness.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1223 on: October 06, 2019, 04:10:33 PM »

Oh also update on this. It is still miserably daunting and lonely, but I am a little more confident about doing it now but idk could be a bad thing to be gaining confidence too. Yet it’s weird since I am more chillaxed about it if you know what I mean by that. Like apparently midterms are a thing (never had them in highschool and never even  knew what they were until a couple days ago when I find out through others in my class that I am already half way through them or whatever and I never even knew or anything, I thought they were just normal tests) I guess I don’t pay much attention in class or read much online. Hell, I hardly even check my grades, maybe twice full self evaluation since middle of august. Idk, it’s just different and less urgency than highschool. Like I’m a simple guy with not much material want, so I know I have several paths open that I’d be fine with if I decide to drop out eventually, and it won’t be the end of the world. So idk, this is like one of the most “go with the flow” type living durations I have done in my life so far, and it feels weirdly liberating and comforting at the same time. So I’m aight for now I guess.
I would definitely prioritize your grades bagel, if you don’t keep up with them it’ll bite you.

Have you been active in any on-campus events and organizations? That would surely get you connected to folks and lessen the feeling of loneliness.

yeah ik it’s just so hard to care that much anymore. I joined young dems but they usually meet on thursdays when I don’t have class and I don’t feel like dragging my @$$ over there, since I live at home with my dad several miles away. And I just spend thursday larding around at home.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1224 on: October 06, 2019, 04:14:08 PM »

Oh also update on this. It is still miserably daunting and lonely, but I am a little more confident about doing it now but idk could be a bad thing to be gaining confidence too. Yet it’s weird since I am more chillaxed about it if you know what I mean by that. Like apparently midterms are a thing (never had them in highschool and never even  knew what they were until a couple days ago when I find out through others in my class that I am already half way through them or whatever and I never even knew or anything, I thought they were just normal tests) I guess I don’t pay much attention in class or read much online. Hell, I hardly even check my grades, maybe twice full self evaluation since middle of august. Idk, it’s just different and less urgency than highschool. Like I’m a simple guy with not much material want, so I know I have several paths open that I’d be fine with if I decide to drop out eventually, and it won’t be the end of the world. So idk, this is like one of the most “go with the flow” type living durations I have done in my life so far, and it feels weirdly liberating and comforting at the same time. So I’m aight for now I guess.

yeah ik it’s just so hard to care that much anymore. I joined young dems but they usually meet on thursdays when I don’t have class and I don’t feel like dragging my @$$ over there, since I live at home with my dad several miles away. And I just spend thursday larding around at home.
If nothing major is going on at home, and you have other spare free time, you probably should be active on campus mate. College is for finding connections and yourself while you get a degree, so seize the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies