Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:06:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149595 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2018, 09:30:25 AM »

I wonder if that is not the worst day in my life ever.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2018, 04:52:18 PM »

So since that quite clearly the priorities of the mod team here aren't exactly the greatest, and now that I'm on mod review for standing up to people who think its good to beat up on a dead president before his body is in the ground, I shall be leaving Atlas for good. I have been thinking about this for about 4 months, but now is the time for action.

Thank you and goodbye.

~ AP
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2018, 05:39:43 PM »

Ya posting "F**k you mods!" 5 times in under an hour had NOTHING to do with it.  Roll Eyes
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #253 on: December 01, 2018, 05:44:39 PM »

So since that quite clearly the priorities of the mod team here aren't exactly the greatest, and now that I'm on mod review for standing up to people who think its good to beat up on a dead president before his body is in the ground, I shall be leaving Atlas for good. I have been thinking about this for about 4 months, but now is the time for action.

Thank you and goodbye.

~ AP

Bye, see you in a few days or a couple weeks, they are almost always back. Thanks for the memes and go Menendez and screw Hugin!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2018, 05:50:25 PM »

Wow! Thank you Mods! This is the progress we were asking for.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #255 on: December 01, 2018, 07:15:56 PM »

I just lucked out on an online physics question that I had no actual idea of how to solve where the answer was basically a 7 digit integer because an incorrect formula I attempted gave an incorrect answer within the range that the website deemed the answer to be possible through natural errors like rounding.

Have no idea how I did it but I am glad that I am getting the points.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #256 on: December 01, 2018, 07:23:21 PM »

I just lucked out on an online physics question that I had no actual idea of how to solve where the answer was basically a 7 digit integer because an incorrect formula I attempted gave an incorrect answer within the range that the website deemed the answer to be possible through natural errors like rounding.

Just google the question if you are stuck.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #257 on: December 01, 2018, 10:27:22 PM »

What physics course are you taking?
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #258 on: December 02, 2018, 02:38:46 AM »

Just google the question if you are stuck.

This was the only way I got through AP Chemistry.

That was a class where almost everything turned out poorly, but everything still turned out fine in the end. Wow, I love curves and leniency!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #259 on: December 02, 2018, 10:55:44 AM »

12 days until my only in-class final, and I have yet to begin studying
13 days until my first PhD apps are due and my third letter of rec guy says he hasn’t seen the links to submit the document. Also, my statement of purpose is too long and I feel like I haven’t spoken to enough faculty. Oh, well.

In good news, I’m now “tight” with like two faculty members at Wayne State who are interested in what I’d like to pursue, though I dread staying in the same area.

Also got a few job apps out for positions that I know I’m qualified for. Silence.

Second date with the bass player is postponed owing to a medical issue with a close family member.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #260 on: December 02, 2018, 08:43:52 PM »

13 days until my first PhD apps are due and my third letter of rec guy says he hasn’t seen the links to submit the document. Also, my statement of purpose is too long and I feel like I haven’t spoken to enough faculty. Oh, well.

In good news, I’m now “tight” with like two faculty members at Wayne State who are interested in what I’d like to pursue, though I dread staying in the same area.

Also got a few job apps out for positions that I know I’m qualified for. Silence.

Second date with the bass player is postponed owing to a medical issue with a close family member.

Sounds a bit like my son over the last few months. He graduated in May, but either heard nothing or negative responses to both jobs and grad schools. In the end he heard last week that he got into grad school starting in Jan.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #261 on: December 02, 2018, 09:12:41 PM »

Sounds a bit like my son over the last few months. He graduated in May, but either heard nothing or negative responses to both jobs and grad schools. In the end he heard last week that he got into grad school starting in Jan.

I’m in my last year getting an occupational master’s, but I’m now flirting with selling out to academia owing to a combination of intellectual curiosity, boredom, disenchantment with job seeking, and the desire to actually be able to focus on skill enhancement full time. If I got a job offer right now can’t guarantee I wouldn’t jump at the chance to become middle class though. Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #262 on: December 02, 2018, 09:49:55 PM »

I met this girl who might very well be my Eva Braun Tongue
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #263 on: December 02, 2018, 09:55:22 PM »

I met this girl who might very well be my Eva Braun Tongue

So, someone you'd only marry right before committing suicide? I thought better of you than that and you don't strike me as the type to commit suicide. I sincerely hope I'm right about that.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #264 on: December 02, 2018, 11:53:58 PM »

I'm moving tomorrow- I'm almost kind of packed.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2018, 02:25:20 AM »

Just finished up my last project for the semester and....

I don't have a good feeling about it. I don't have a good feeling about any of the last projects I had to do.

It would be like that wouldn't it? Get straight A's with almost no effort only to get swamped with chuggers worth eleventy-billion percent of the grade. ...It's like 2016 [or for you GOP peeps...2012 I guess since Romney lead that one for awhile] all over.

The good news is, in the one case, the professor is a very lenient grader and she liked my presentation...and in the other case, if I did the math right, I can slide through with only 50% worth of the grade.

The bad news, I had a lot formatting troubles and she'd have to be really lenient for me to get through...and with the other one, the professor is not the nicest grader so it's not out of possibility that I really f*(k it up...also I could've done the math wrong.

And I really have no idea what the heck happens if one of them pulls through while the other flounders.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2018, 05:16:47 PM »

My depression has surged back into prominence yet again lately. Nihilistic thoughts haunt my daily existence. I left my home, everything and everyone that I ever knew, for promise of better opportunities and nothing good has come to fruition. It has for others in my family that moved, yet no matter what I do it just seems to escape me. Nearly 6 months later and, overall, I’m no better off than I was back in Florida; I’m still stuck at a crap job that makes my degree worthless, I make well below a living wage, and have applied to over 500 jobs online at this point and not a single positive result. I’ve changed my resume numerous times, had it reviewed by “professionals,” targeted jobs I figured I’d get, and yet... nothing. 10,000+ jobs available in the area, but none willing to hire me, except the jobs any person off the street could get.

I have bills to pay, a disabled girlfriend with no health insurance, $30,000+ in student loans, and a growing issue with alcohol. I just want to believe something good is coming, but I’m honestly losing faith and my mind is growing darker every day. I just want to give up so badly, but I have someone counting on me, so I can’t. But, damn it’s hard...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2018, 09:17:11 PM »

I’m in a weird spot where I contemplated applying to doctoral programs for years and now that deadlines approach I am drained and there are only a few schools that I really think about going to. I’m aware of the logic of “shotgun method” but affectively somethimg isn’t clicking. Tongue
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2018, 09:31:48 PM »

My dad is strongly considering booking a vacation in the Bahamas over spring break. I really really don't want to go. I think we'll play a little game. If he can physically drag my rear onto the airplane then I'll go. Otherwise, I think I'll just sit on the couch when it's time to leave for the airport and just not move.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #269 on: December 04, 2018, 12:28:31 AM »

My dad is strongly considering booking a vacation in the Bahamas over spring break. I really really don't want to go. I think we'll play a little game. If he can physically drag my rear onto the airplane then I'll go. Otherwise, I think I'll just sit on the couch when it's time to leave for the airport and just not move.
Are you crazy? The Bahamas is amazing. In fact, our family’s contingency plan is to flee there in event of original sin leading to atom bomb.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #270 on: December 04, 2018, 01:10:10 AM »

Are you crazy? The Bahamas is amazing. In fact, our family’s contingency plan is to flee there in event of original sin leading to atom bomb.

It's a third world dump full of nasty and corrupt government workers, third world water, and is not The USA. It's what Trump would call an s-hole nation. I don't want to go there, I want to stay here for the rest of my life.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2018, 01:16:12 AM »

It's a third world dump full of nasty and corrupt government workers, third world water, and is not The USA. It's what Trump would call an s-hole nation. I don't want to go there, I want to stay here for the rest of my life.
When people talk about going to the Bahamas, they mean going to a luxury gringo resort and barely talking to any natives besides the workers there.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #272 on: December 04, 2018, 01:18:33 AM »

When people talk about going to the Bahamas, they mean going to a luxury gringo resort and barely talking to any natives besides the workers there.

Well my sister has a friend that has family in the area, and we plan to stay around there, so it's not even like some gringo resort thing.
Xeuma
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: 0.00

P
« Reply #273 on: December 04, 2018, 02:00:31 AM »

I moved from NOVA back to Ohio (:
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #274 on: December 04, 2018, 06:42:57 AM »

Well my sister has a friend that has family in the area, and we plan to stay around there, so it's not even like some gringo resort thing.

How long would it be? I took a short trip to an area that wasn't a generic resort, and had a nice time. There are plenty of beaches and island scenery outside of the resorts. There are areas for US day trippers where one can find amenities.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies