Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 01:01:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 150473 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: May 05, 2019, 09:31:40 PM »

Ramadan starts tomorrow, really looking forward to my co-workers obnoxiously eat and drink in front of me as a "joke"
So what, should they should quit eating just to accommodate your beliefs?

Do you really think things are that starkly black and white? Smh.
Seriously? Get over yourselves. This is exactly why LibertarianRepublican is constantly posting about work issues with customers and coworkers. Have you ever, like, wondered if maybe the problem is you?

Oh go screw off why don't you?
Seems like your customer service skills leave much to be desired.

Says someone who's probably never worked such a job in their life.

But you've always been quite the master of projection.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #751 on: May 05, 2019, 09:57:44 PM »

Ramadan starts tomorrow, really looking forward to my co-workers obnoxiously eat and drink in front of me as a "joke"

Seriously? Get over yourselves. This is exactly why LibertarianRepublican is constantly posting about work issues with customers and coworkers. Have you ever, like, wondered if maybe the problem is you?

I’ve worked many jobs, none of them interesting besides my $15 an hour gig at Americans for Prosperity. Who’s the one projecting?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #752 on: May 05, 2019, 10:28:48 PM »

I just gave a dollar to Mike Gravel.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #753 on: May 05, 2019, 11:06:01 PM »

I’ve worked many jobs, none of them interesting besides my $15 an hour gig at Americans for Prosperity. Who’s the one projecting?

I'm not the one getting in a tizzy about how anyone does their job or what they do at their workplace. And since I currently work a customer service job, I can't be projecting a lack of experience there either. So still you.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #754 on: May 05, 2019, 11:21:49 PM »

I'm not the one getting in a tizzy about how anyone does their job or what they do at their workplace.
Well yeah, you're not the one doing that. That would be LibertarianRepublican ranting about his coworkers for daring to eat in presence, which he feels is "obnoxious" apparently.

This thread is called "Update for Everyone Else." The title is a relation to the old Bushie classics, which were eventually purged from the forum, giving birth to AAD. I don't think you were around for the Bushie threads (there is some real gold in there!) but it usually involves 50+ pages of Bushie commenting about many aspects of his life, and the rest of Atlas was more than happy to oblige with their opinions. This is not a debate about LibertarianRepublican's politics. It has no business anywhere else outside of this thread if anything.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #755 on: May 05, 2019, 11:30:45 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2019, 12:42:42 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

I'm not the one getting in a tizzy about how anyone does their job or what they do at their workplace.
Well yeah, you're not the one doing that. That would be LibertarianRepublican ranting about his coworkers for daring to eat in presence, which he feels is "obnoxious" apparently.

This thread is called "Update for Everyone Else." The title is a relation to the old Bushie classics, which were eventually purged from the forum, giving birth to AAD. I don't think you were around for the Bushie threads (there is some real gold in there!) but it usually involves 50+ pages of Bushie commenting about many aspects of his life, and the rest of Atlas was more than happy to oblige with their opinions. This is not a debate about LibertarianRepublican's politics. It has no business anywhere else outside of this thread if anything.

Final time I'll respond, stop misconstruing my words ffs, when I mean obnoxiously I meant like shoving it in my face as a joke basically like "I can eat but you can't", I find that part rude. idgaf if anyone eats in front of me I used to work in a restaurant during Ramadan, I don't force my beliefs on anyone cause it's not my business to do that. It was my bad for not clarifying that sorry about that, if it came off another way I didn't mean that, but it was you who proceeding to start attacking me over it and taking what I said (like you have done for years now) out of context to attack me. Also, stop getting triggered over things. You're the one who derailed this by starting an argument with me, so don't act like I did.

Sorry this happened guys, y'all can carry on lol
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #756 on: May 06, 2019, 08:05:38 AM »

We had apparently met when they were dating and she later saw me at my neighborhood pool and approached me, which resulted in us realizing we’re literally exactly the same in our religious, political, and cultural beliefs and tastes.
Since you’re apparently both “reformed” white nationalists, a good first date idea would perhaps be tiki torch shopping? Or maybe you could tag team on atlas and BOTH be d¡cks to Muslims that just said how much they dislike when people are d¡cks to Muslims! Such a cute couple. Purple heart

Knowing you, this relationship will go great. Unless you find out she went to Marjory Stoneman Douglas. Best of luck! Cheesy
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #757 on: May 06, 2019, 08:51:50 AM »

Why is this take home midterm 50 percent of my final grade I just wanna graduate
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #758 on: May 06, 2019, 09:08:00 AM »

Why is this take home midterm 50 percent of my final grade I just wanna graduate

At least it's take home you'll do fine and graduate!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #759 on: May 06, 2019, 09:22:12 AM »

We had apparently met when they were dating and she later saw me at my neighborhood pool and approached me, which resulted in us realizing we’re literally exactly the same in our religious, political, and cultural beliefs and tastes.
Since you’re apparently both “reformed” white nationalists, a good first date idea would perhaps be tiki torch shopping? Or maybe you could tag team on atlas and BOTH be d¡cks to Muslims that just said how much they dislike when people are d¡cks to Muslims! Such a cute couple. Purple heart

Knowing you, this relationship will go great. Unless you find out she went to Marjory Stoneman Douglas. Best of luck! Cheesy
Nah she’s from this part of the state, but yeah, being from Boca or Parkland is an immediate red flag to me.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #760 on: May 06, 2019, 09:37:46 AM »

In other news, a couple of girls started screaming and running away from me without my even interacting with them. No goddamn clue what that was about, but holy sh**t, I thought I had issues.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #761 on: May 06, 2019, 10:50:24 AM »

Nah she’s from this part of the state, but yeah, being from Boca or Parkland is an immediate red flag to me.

I think being from Florida is an immediate red flag for most people.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #762 on: May 06, 2019, 09:45:15 PM »

Once, when I was ten, I was at my grandma's apartment because her sister and brother-in-law were visiting from Virginia. There was a bowl of what appeared to be some kind of green nuts or peas so I put one in my mouth, and it burned like nothing has ever burned my mouth before. It felt like acid was burning away my tongue. I immediately spit it out and put my head under the faucet, because it was like swallowing a shot glass full of pepper spray.

I assumed that it was some sort of chemical product (my grandma used all sorts of industrial remedies to kill fruit flies) or something that wasn't meant for human consumption, and promptly forgot about it. I just told my friend the story and he said it was probably wasabi.

Who the hell eats this sh**t?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #763 on: May 06, 2019, 09:58:31 PM »

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #764 on: May 06, 2019, 10:11:55 PM »

Bit of morning shopping on one of the great shopping streets of the world, Orchard Road.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #765 on: May 06, 2019, 10:13:28 PM »

If you think I am, am I really or if I think I am, are you really
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #766 on: May 07, 2019, 09:10:27 AM »

Completely insane. Twice last night, I had a nightmare of the same very specific post of mine on atlas getting moderated and infracted. When I woke up, sure enough, I found out that both those nightmares became completely true.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #767 on: May 07, 2019, 09:47:37 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2019, 09:55:30 AM by FM Scott🦋 »

Scott health update: Still haven't gotten to a PCP yet because I'm kind of destitute.  I did some research on anemia and while I fit many of the systems, it appears (to me at least) more likely that I might have fibromyalgia.  My grandmother and my mother have had it, so it wouldn't surprise me too much even though fibro normally affects women.  For those who are unfamiliar, fibro is basically like a milder, lifelong case of Lyme disease (which I've also had) where your body feels like it was beaten up.  Depression and fatigue (also problems I've had to deal with my entire life) are symptoms as well.

Unfortunately, my mom and I are pretty much destitute and it might be a while before we find a PCP or rheumatologist, but I'm on Medicaid so it shouldn't be much of a problem once we're able to find someone.  The problem is that my mom is sick, too.  I want to kick myself every day for not getting my license when I was younger.

I just wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self not to be such a pussy and a f#ckup.  Life would've been so much easier.

I think about suicide on a daily basis now.  I just want the pain to stop.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #768 on: May 07, 2019, 09:52:20 AM »

Also, it doesn't help that I'm 24 years old have nothing to show for it.  I can't help but feel guilty because of it, and it's probably adding to my physical pain as well.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #769 on: May 08, 2019, 10:26:33 PM »

My mother passed away this past Saturday Morning and I found out the news in the middle of the Ozarks as I was driving home from Dallas. I was nearly paralyzed in the middle of the Ozarks unable to drive for nearly seven hours but I was able to make it back to St. Louis.

Kidney failure and cardiac arrest concurrently.

I am very devastated.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #770 on: May 08, 2019, 10:32:10 PM »

I might start a new volunteer position helping an Eritrean refugee family get accustomed to America (I thought of Simfan). It's through a secular refugee resettlement NGO that I was put in touch with by the Secular Franciscan Order. I'm not a Secular Franciscan myself but I've been spending time with them lately and learning more about what the ones in my area do.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #771 on: May 08, 2019, 11:02:11 PM »

My mother passed away this past Saturday Morning and I found out the news in the middle of the Ozarks as I was driving home from Dallas. I was nearly paralyzed in the middle of the Ozarks unable to drive for nearly seven hours but I was able to make it back to St. Louis.

I am very devastated.

I'm very sorry to hear that Jimmy Sad
Was she sick for a long time?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #772 on: May 08, 2019, 11:04:37 PM »

Feeling frustrated right now because it seems like in a lot of different ways I'm waiting to hear back from people, or waiting for someone to figure something out, so that I can take the next step, and I don't know if I should be doing something to help make it happen, or if I should just assume certain things will or won't happen and act accordingly.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #773 on: May 09, 2019, 12:37:34 AM »

Feeling frustrated right now because it seems like in a lot of different ways I'm waiting to hear back from people, or waiting for someone to figure something out, so that I can take the next step, and I don't know if I should be doing something to help make it happen, or if I should just assume certain things will or won't happen and act accordingly.

If this is about anything involving romance (which I honestly know little about), my best advice to you, unfortunately, would be to accept any form of "ghosting" as a rejection and move on.  My philosophy is that if the person isn't into you, or doesn't show it, then your best bet is to come to terms with it and look for other fish in the sea.

Your post wasn't specific enough, so that's all I got. Tongue

I already said this to you on Facebook, Jimmie, but you have my deepest condolences.  Feel free to reach out if you'd like to talk.  Please be safe and take care of yourself.  I know the feeling of losing a parent and it's not something you will ever "get over," and anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it.  Please know that I'm keeping you and your mom in my prayers.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #774 on: May 09, 2019, 12:38:17 AM »

I am very devastated.

Jimmie, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies