Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:18:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 147803 times)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2250 on: August 12, 2020, 04:45:28 AM »

tfw you can't celebrate ur 16th birthday with your online friends cuz a giant storm knocked out the internet for everyone in the midwest
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2251 on: August 12, 2020, 03:53:45 PM »

Atalanta  Cry
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2252 on: August 12, 2020, 03:58:15 PM »

FCK
FCK
FCK

Two goals at the 90' HURTS
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2253 on: August 12, 2020, 04:08:56 PM »

This won't be very witty, but that's 2020 for yah.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #2254 on: August 13, 2020, 01:00:40 AM »

So that sure was a long stretch of being muted.

So basically my mental health from February through July was a great big smoking crater. I'm not going to use that as an excuse for being, as it were, indiscreet with my commentary on here, but it was basically the sole reason. I was in a long-term entanglement with a """friend""" of mine who s**t on me at every turn, never took responsibility for their actions, and badmouthed literally everyone I've ever cared about - to me, behind their backs - that quite literally sapped my will to live, and it manifested in less than stellar ways in my political life. I make no apologies for being outspoken and I would happily disintegrate into nothingness before making excuses for or giving concessions to the Right, but I do apologize to the forum for causing enough problems to get myself into trouble with the law again.

On the flipside, if anyone's interested, I've started going back to counseling, I'm now 28, and I'm still writing with regularity. Oh, and I have a girlfriend. Trust me, I'm as f**king amazed as all of you are. Tongue
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2255 on: August 13, 2020, 12:58:44 PM »

Smiley My least favorites go down. And the Serie B promotion match is between my two preferred clubs too. All is well.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2256 on: August 13, 2020, 01:04:48 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2020, 01:09:48 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I spent far too much time this AM arguing alone against the masses of my industry's anonymous app that it was immoral to ban people below the median wage from having children to no avail. The popular argument was that only they make enough to have the right to have children, but that by-and-large, they would not exercise that right because they would prefer to the additional disposable income and don't want it going to other people's kids. All while arguing that having children is selfish behavior! Gosh people are really awful....

In case you were wondering if opinions could be worse than some of the ones you see on here, I have finally received a resounding Yes.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2257 on: August 13, 2020, 02:30:09 PM »

Smiley My least favorites go down. And the Serie B promotion match is between my two preferred clubs too. All is well.

There is only one club to support in the promotion match.

FORZA SPEZIA!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2258 on: August 13, 2020, 03:13:51 PM »

FORZA SPEZIA!
I wanted Pordenone to win.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2259 on: August 13, 2020, 03:24:16 PM »

FORZA SPEZIA!

I want my city to win.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2260 on: August 13, 2020, 03:31:49 PM »

FORZA SPEZIA!

I want my city to win.

Based on league table, Spezia definitely deserve to go up. I find the 6-team playoff in Serie B to be a bit ridiculous, tbh. It should just be 4 teams like in the Championship or Segunda Division, both of which have more teams than Serie B.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2261 on: August 13, 2020, 03:33:06 PM »

FORZA SPEZIA!

I want my city to win.

Based on league table, Spezia definitely deserve to go up. I find the 6-team playoff in Serie B to be a bit ridiculous, tbh. It should just be 4 teams like in the Championship or Segunda Division, both of which have more teams than Serie B.

Ah look I have always thought that playoffs should not exist.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #2262 on: August 15, 2020, 01:44:04 AM »

Three relationships in and I finally know how it feels to be actually, fully in love.

Not gonna question my terrible taste in partners up until now. I'm just going to savor it.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2263 on: August 16, 2020, 05:14:59 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2020, 05:24:45 PM by Cath »

Just got back from a three-day jaunt in the Upper Peninsula. First time going there in probably over a decade. Hiking Pictured Rocks blew my mind. Absolutely astounding. Can't believe I haven't been before, and it's IN MICHIGAN. Probably my most fun traveling since 2016 when I first saw the Cascades, the Columbia River, and the Pacific.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #2264 on: August 16, 2020, 05:17:42 PM »

I’ve gotten to the point where I have no choice but to believe all the stories people tell me. And some people say that I look like a pale, goobly goblin. So I’m going to take a goblin skydiving lesson this weekend. When the moment comes, I’ll ask the ██████████ sky to transform me into a bonafide Harlem Globetrotter. Otherwise, deep breaths until it feels like coldness.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #2265 on: August 16, 2020, 06:46:42 PM »

People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts... Their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #2266 on: August 16, 2020, 07:15:20 PM »

People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts... Their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?

You can’t delight in freedom unless you’re willing to surrender your humanity. The human condition is a 5,000 year cycle of violence, and the more violence you perform, the more you must contribute to maintaining the cycle. The human condition is a 5,000 year cycle of violence, and the more you consume blood, the more you must repay with violence. The cycle is a web of life, and every decision you make alters the web. The web of life is a matrix of violence. Each decision you make has an effect on the matrix of violence, and the more you consume blood, the more you must repay. The cycle is a web of life, and each decision you make creates a new matrix of violence. Each decision also has an effect on the previous decision, so the greater the decision, the more you must consume blood, the more you must repay.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #2267 on: August 16, 2020, 08:20:40 PM »

You can’t delight in freedom unless you’re willing to surrender your humanity. The human condition is a 5,000 year cycle of violence, and the more violence you perform, the more you must contribute to maintaining the cycle. The human condition is a 5,000 year cycle of violence, and the more you consume blood, the more you must repay with violence. The cycle is a web of life, and every decision you make alters the web. The web of life is a matrix of violence. Each decision you make has an effect on the matrix of violence, and the more you consume blood, the more you must repay. The cycle is a web of life, and each decision you make creates a new matrix of violence. Each decision also has an effect on the previous decision, so the greater the decision, the more you must consume blood, the more you must repay.

Power is not will, it is the phenomenon of physically making things happen.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2268 on: August 17, 2020, 04:15:33 PM »

I had my consultation today, and it felt right. It felt necessary. I was really impressed with the way things played out (hell, the surgeon's examination was the most action I've gotten in years), and I'm looking forward to starting the process toward surgery proper.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2269 on: August 18, 2020, 01:34:35 PM »

I took these yesterday evening just on our balcony:

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2270 on: August 18, 2020, 04:42:25 PM »

Back in January, I wrote an article on AAD about the trial and conviction of an innocent man.  The media had buried the story for months, so I took it upon myself to write an AAD article about it, not expecting anyone in the media or anyone of particular importance to read it.  (You can read the article here.)

Well, today it got a response.  From the brother-in-law of the man I had written about.

Segura is still currently incarcerated pending an appeal, but I'm so happy I got to make a difference, even if small, for this man and his family.

Always speak for what's right, guys.  No matter who you are, no matter how much of an impact it might have, your voice matters.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2271 on: August 18, 2020, 07:58:44 PM »

I believe "segura" means "safe" en espanyol.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2272 on: August 19, 2020, 03:31:15 AM »

I believe "segura" means "safe" en espanyol.

Catalan Spelling Bad.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2273 on: August 19, 2020, 05:13:45 AM »

Yo no tengo un key for the "enyay", amigo.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2274 on: August 19, 2020, 05:17:20 AM »

From Wikipedia:

The following instructions apply only to English-language keyboards.

On Android devices, holding n or N down on the keyboard makes entry of ñ and Ñ possible.

On Apple Macintosh operating systems (including Mac OS X), it can be typed by pressing and holding the Option key and then typing N, followed by typing either N or n.

On the iPhone and iPad, which use the Apple iOS operating system, the ñ is accessed by holding down the "n" key, which opens a menu (on an English-language keyboard). Apple's Mac OS X 10.7 Lion operating system also made the "ñ" available in the same way.

The lowercase ñ can be made in the Microsoft Windows operating system by doing Alt+164 or Alt+0241 on the numeric keypad (with Num Lock turned on);[11] the uppercase Ñ can be made with Alt+165 or Alt+0209. Character Map in Windows identifies the letter as "Latin Small/Capital Letter N With Tilde". A soft (not physical) Spanish-language keyboard is easily installed in Windows.

In Microsoft Word, Ñ can be typed by pressing Control-Shift-Tilde (~) and then an N.

On Linux it can be created by pressing Ctrl+Shift+U and then typing '00d1' or '00f1', followed by space or Ctrl to end the character code input. This produces Ñ or ñ.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies