Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:06:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 147815 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2150 on: June 26, 2020, 07:43:08 PM »

My friend’s master thesis was so good that they’re giving him a PhD.
Trump University or Liberty?
A military university in China....not even kidding.

He must have done some damn good espionage when he was in the US on H1-B.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2151 on: June 26, 2020, 08:14:02 PM »

My friend’s master thesis was so good that they’re giving him a PhD.
Trump University or Liberty?
A military university in China....not even kidding.

He must have done some damn good espionage when he was in the US on H1-B.
He's a white guy of Welsh descent who was born and raised in Tallahassee. He's done some incredible stuff through coding. 99% of the time I don't know what the hell he's talking about. In some ways, he's the strangest guy I've ever known, and I mean that in the most sincere and positive way possible.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2152 on: June 27, 2020, 09:38:14 AM »

I've watched soccer and NASCAR in the last two days...I must be so seriously starved for entertainment that I found myself getting into both.  Going to try to watch some Aussie Rules Football this weekend (I remember enjoying it when it was the last sport still playing in March before it also stopped).

In fairness, I hadn't really given myself a chance to become a fan of either, and, since I like literally every sport I've ever watched, I guess it makes sense that I would enjoy them too.  It probably helped that I decided on rooting interests going in (even if I have no long-term emotional connection like I do with other sports).

But, give me football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and tennis (the sports I've watched for most of my life) any day of the week.  Six more weeks until team sports return!

How did I go 24 years without getting into Aussie Rules Football?  This sport is so much fun!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2153 on: June 27, 2020, 10:58:47 AM »

In other news, I got my SRS consultation scheduled for August 3. Looking forward to it, even if I have to drive two hours for it (and I might not even go under the knife there).
On what I think might be a related note, my mental health seems to be improving. While I'm not certain that my consultation being scheduled is what's put me in such good spirits (after all, it's just a consultation), it does seem like the most likely culprit. I don't know, it's nice knowing that I'm gonna be going under the knife relatively soon.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2154 on: June 27, 2020, 02:53:44 PM »

damn guys i'm bummed, the Phi Mu girls who were renting next door are moving out today, and I was really hoping to party with them at some point :/ probably never would have happened tho since my wife disliked them and apparently I "want to hang out with every bitch"
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2155 on: June 28, 2020, 04:31:49 PM »

I just got out of the woods. I missed whatever recent drama was WRT Dule. How it be, folks?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2156 on: June 28, 2020, 07:26:00 PM »

I just got out of the woods. I missed whatever recent drama was WRT Dule. How it be, folks?
Just ban that S019 guy. Pop him like the pimple he is, wipe up the pus, and then move on with our days.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2157 on: June 28, 2020, 07:37:54 PM »

Just ban that S019 guy. Pop him like the pimple he is, wipe up the pus, and then move on with our days.
We could say the same for you.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2158 on: June 28, 2020, 08:09:40 PM »

We could say the same for you.

o wow
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2159 on: June 29, 2020, 01:40:15 PM »

The arguments over the dumbest sh**t (this time being the in weather) is one thing I sure as hell am not going to miss when I leave in august
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2160 on: June 29, 2020, 06:22:17 PM »

Found a not-awful place in the worst housing market in America ✓
No longer the case! Fortunately, now looking for a lease takeover in the best housing market for finding one of those. Still I-IL –> O-CA, though I might keep my FL registration now that I don't need that sweet sweet in-state tuition...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2161 on: June 29, 2020, 07:11:43 PM »

No longer the case! Fortunately, now looking for a lease takeover in the best housing market for finding one of those. Still I-IL –> O-CA, though I might keep my FL registration now that I don't need that sweet sweet in-state tuition...

What has prompted the move?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2162 on: June 29, 2020, 07:33:32 PM »

Why have you left us?  You're leaving me as then only South Sider on Atlas, and right after I lost Dan L.  Sad  Sad
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2163 on: June 29, 2020, 08:01:36 PM »

I graduated with an unemployable major in a made-up area of study, so I am prolonging my entry into the workforce for a few years while accumulating hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt for a degree in a notoriously oversupplied field. I have convinced myself that this is a reasonable decision that will benefit my career prospects.

This specific update is switching schools — got off a waitlist.

Why have you left us?  You're leaving me as then only South Sider on Atlas, and right after I lost Dan L.  Sad  Sad
It's heartbreaking Broken heart I'll miss Chicago, but it is 70° year-round in Palo Alto...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2164 on: June 29, 2020, 08:07:52 PM »

I graduated with an unemployable major in a made-up area of study, so I am prolonging my entry into the workforce for a few years while accumulating hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt for a degree in a notoriously oversupplied field. I have convinced myself that this is a reasonable decision that will benefit my career prospects.

Ah, damn. I very much sympathize with your plight and wish you the best. I was feeling a similar sense of hopelessness a few years ago. You were urban planning, weren't you? While I imagine employment would be pretty niche I hadn't thought of it as nigh impossible.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2165 on: June 29, 2020, 09:24:53 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2020, 04:42:56 PM by Priest of Moloch »

Ah, damn. I very much sympathize with your plight and wish you the best. I was feeling a similar sense of hopelessness a few years ago. You were urban planning, weren't you? While I imagine employment would be pretty niche I hadn't thought of it as nigh impossible.
Not quite, that'd be far too practical (and my undergrad has a particular disdain for practical majors). I was urban studies, which is all the theory with none of the skills.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2166 on: June 30, 2020, 12:24:07 AM »

Why have you left us?  You're leaving me as then only South Sider on Atlas, and right after I lost Dan L.  Sad  Sad
It's heartbreaking Broken heart I'll miss Chicago, but it is 70° year-round in Palo Alto...

You listened to John Dule's rants and chose the foolish side of the bay. Sad!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2167 on: June 30, 2020, 10:19:18 AM »

My housing situation for August-onward just got seismically shifted and I'm unsure how to proceed.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2168 on: June 30, 2020, 11:20:31 AM »

Igraduated with an unemployable major in a made-up area of study, so I am prolonging my entry into the workforce for a few years while accumulating hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt for a degree in a notoriously oversupplied field. I have convinced myself that this is a reasonable decision that will benefit my career prospects.

Not quite, that'd be far too practical (and my undergrad has a particular disdain for practical majors). I was urban studies, which is all the theory with none of the skills.

Given the fate of the only urban studues person I know, have you looked into GIS work?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2169 on: June 30, 2020, 04:45:28 PM »

Given the fate of the only urban studues person I know, have you looked into GIS work?
Definitely an area I explored (I had a few research assistantships that were GIS-based) but not something I was particularly talented at or wanted to do long-term. I was overexaggerating the career concerns — the debt isn't ideal, but the loan repayment program for anyone making a "low income" (less than $200k or so) is generous, and the oversupply of lawyers is primarily a problem for the lower half of the rankings.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2170 on: June 30, 2020, 05:15:57 PM »

Definitely an area I explored (I had a few research assistantships that were GIS-based) but not something I was particularly talented at or wanted to do long-term. I was overexaggerating the career concerns — the debt isn't ideal, but the loan repayment program for anyone making a "low income" (less than $200k or so) is generous, and the oversupply of lawyers is primarily a problem for the lower half of the rankings.

Oh, God... Not the dark side!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2171 on: July 01, 2020, 02:40:13 PM »

The South Alabama Earth Systems Sciences Dept. Chair is asking me to help out with research before I'm even there

so I feel pretty good
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2172 on: July 03, 2020, 11:05:08 AM »

I just finished watching S6 of Community, and my life once again has no purpose.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2173 on: July 03, 2020, 05:48:33 PM »

I just finished watching S6 of Community, and my life once again has no purpose.

~breathes deeply, then starts singing in the Duel of Fates theme~

KORRRRAAAAAA WATCH KORRRAAAAAA. LEGEND OF KORRRRRAAAAAAA.

....Sorry, I'll let myself out now. But seriously, Book 3 is totes worth it!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2174 on: July 03, 2020, 06:13:20 PM »

~breathes deeply, then starts singing in the Duel of Fates theme~

KORRRRAAAAAA WATCH KORRRAAAAAA. LEGEND OF KORRRRRAAAAAAA.

....Sorry, I'll let myself out now. But seriously, Book 3 is totes worth it!

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this... there a paywall to watch that #content?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies