Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:29:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 147804 times)
Boobs
HCP
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2125 on: June 11, 2020, 02:55:00 PM »

After months of trying, the wife is finally pregnant.

Today went well at the OB-GYN. Except I'm never having sex again, because we've apparently got three buns in the oven. Anyone got any name suggestions?

Well, it's a boy. And a girl. And another girl!

Congratulations. When is the memorial service for your sleep, sanity, and checking account?

You missed it, pal, it was back in April. But please do send the family your regards; gifts are appreciated but not required.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2126 on: June 13, 2020, 07:06:28 AM »

Reposting this from Facebook, but:

Last night was the first time I had a serious conversation with my mother about what asexuality is, what it means, and how I experience things like love and relationships as an asexual.  She admitted to me she had no idea what it was until I brought it up, but that she's learning now and starting to understand and that she accepts me for who I am.

I'm proud to be asexual.  I am proud to be queer.  I am proud to be part of a growing community where people can be who they are, whether they're gay, bi, pan, trans, or whatever they might be.

Most importantly, I am proud to be a queer Christian.  I know that I was made to be this way and I wouldn't trade anything in the world to be someone that I am not.

Queer lives matter.  Gay lives matter.  Black lives matter.  No matter who you are, *be* who you are.

Happy Pride Month to all my queer brothers and sisters.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2127 on: June 14, 2020, 06:53:00 AM »

Until we meet again, Talk Elections.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #2128 on: June 14, 2020, 07:09:49 AM »

Purple heart
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2129 on: June 14, 2020, 04:40:52 PM »

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2130 on: June 15, 2020, 11:58:32 PM »

im still calling it atlas
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2131 on: June 18, 2020, 09:31:28 AM »

The new Census data extraction website is a nightmare to work with and you better believe I wrote a vague and kindly-worded, if overtly annoyed, email to their official feedback address.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2132 on: June 21, 2020, 08:51:09 PM »

Down €2,500 gambling tonight. F***********k.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2133 on: June 21, 2020, 09:12:55 PM »

Down €2,500 gambling tonight. F***********k.
Now 3,000. lol.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2134 on: June 21, 2020, 09:18:11 PM »

Must be nice to have that kind of money,
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #2135 on: June 21, 2020, 09:31:43 PM »

Just lost two friends over, of all the stupid things, D&D. Because apparently some people are incapable of acting like adults and others are incapable of critical thinking skills.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2136 on: June 21, 2020, 09:56:20 PM »

Well, I don't have it anymore. Wink
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2137 on: June 22, 2020, 06:57:57 PM »

imagine the community that raised you not hating your guts lmao what must that be like
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2138 on: June 22, 2020, 07:26:26 PM »

I've watched soccer and NASCAR in the last two days...I must be so seriously starved for entertainment that I found myself getting into both.  Going to try to watch some Aussie Rules Football this weekend (I remember enjoying it when it was the last sport still playing in March before it also stopped).

In fairness, I hadn't really given myself a chance to become a fan of either, and, since I like literally every sport I've ever watched, I guess it makes sense that I would enjoy them too.  It probably helped that I decided on rooting interests going in (even if I have no long-term emotional connection like I do with other sports).

But, give me football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and tennis (the sports I've watched for most of my life) any day of the week.  Six more weeks until team sports return!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2139 on: June 22, 2020, 07:43:06 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2020, 07:55:02 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I've watched soccer and NASCAR in the last two days...I must be so seriously starved for entertainment that I found myself getting into both.  Going to try to watch some Aussie Rules Football this weekend (I remember enjoying it when it was the last sport still playing in March before it also stopped).

In fairness, I hadn't really given myself a chance to become a fan of either, and, since I like literally every sport I've ever watched, I guess it makes sense that I would enjoy them too.  It probably helped that I decided on rooting interests going in (even if I have no long-term emotional connection like I do with other sports).

But, give me football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and tennis (the sports I've watched for most of my life) any day of the week.  Six more weeks until team sports return!

I'm with you 100% though soccer has always kind of been a seventh sport for me (after lax - but far ahead of "professional" basketball lol). My radio station suddenly switched to NASCAR when I was going through Dover round bout two weeks ago. Nice day of ironic fun cheering for BUBBA and DiBenedetto, but no clue who they are and don't plan to intentionally tune in again.

Soccer is a pretty boring sport especially when anyone other than Napoli is playing (and I know if I wasn't a fan, I would find Napoli's game plan most boring of all), but it's easy to get to an intense level of Soccer Spergitude that rivals college athletics due to the tiering and constantly changing leagues. So I'm just going to embrace it and start streaming bottom half of the table match-ups too that destroy my afternoon productivity each and every day. - Plus I'll need to embrace it if America ever goes so far down the tubes that I need to escape back to my homeland.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2140 on: June 23, 2020, 04:21:41 PM »

...And some b&*tard/b&^ch just ran over my kitten in a hit and run.....he's gone...f...m...l.......
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2141 on: June 23, 2020, 05:44:36 PM »

...And some b&*tard/b&^ch just ran over my kitten in a hit and run.....he's gone...f...m...l.......
Jesus facking Christ! That's terrrible!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2142 on: June 24, 2020, 03:07:11 PM »

In other news, I got my SRS consultation scheduled for August 3. Looking forward to it, even if I have to drive two hours for it (and I might not even go under the knife there).
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2143 on: June 24, 2020, 05:55:38 PM »

uhhh so like i was just sitting here right? and i was like, where tf am i.  like i said it out loud n sh**t and all. idk why. but then i said it again and then in my head i was like u dumbass ur sitting in ur chair, in ur office, in ur house. but like, then sh**t started to get like, fuzzy and black and my body was freaking out. so i had to go lay down and calmer but now i have a headache.

should i go to the dr? i have avoid the dr for years bcuz they might tell me something i dont want to hear but this seems kinda srs.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #2144 on: June 25, 2020, 05:46:18 PM »

I will not be voting for a Biden/Rice ticket if thats what the Dem ticket ends up being.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2145 on: June 26, 2020, 10:51:58 AM »

Guys,

I'm sorry if my last posts in this thread worried anyone.  That was never my intention.  I just needed to vent.  I'm just very lost right now and I feel like my options are dwindling ever since I got turned down by Medicaid.  When my psychiatrist got the news he literally cursed up a storm.  He is writing an appeal to get me covered.  (My psychologist wrote the original appeal, but because she's not an MD her opinion probably doesn't carry as much weight.  In either case, I'll continue speaking to her.  She's one of the few in-person resources I have right now and it's not her fault that these assholes are being so difficult.)  There is also another type of shock therapy that's available, but it causes short-term memory loss and I'd rather avoid resorting to that.

But I've been seeing different doctors and trying different medications for most of my life.  Either they don't work at all or they work for a few days and then they're useless.  And honestly, I'm tired.  Last week I took a whole ten Lyrica and felt absolutely nothing.  The only thing that seems to work for me is cannabis, but that's not legal in my state and even my psychiatrist told me that it's extremely difficult to find the medicinal kind here.  It doesn't help that my asshole dealer cut me loose last year, either.

So I'm Virginia-bound until I save up enough to leave this crummy state.  I know that stoners get a bad rap, but trust me when I say that for some people, it's essential.  And it definitely beats suicide and leaving your loved ones behind.

Medical mj is going to be legal a week from now, so hopefully it becomes available soon.
https://www.vanorml.org/faqs
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2146 on: June 26, 2020, 11:40:21 AM »

A- on Stats II. The first time I have had a blemish on my transcripts since spring of 2016. 3.92 cumulative GPA.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2147 on: June 26, 2020, 07:23:27 PM »

My friend’s master thesis was so good that they’re giving him a PhD.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2148 on: June 26, 2020, 07:27:47 PM »

Trump University or Liberty?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2149 on: June 26, 2020, 07:41:06 PM »

Trump University or Liberty?
A military university in China....not even kidding.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies