Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:55:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 147812 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2100 on: June 03, 2020, 07:22:45 AM »

"Live every day to the fullest. You never know when you will hit a brick wall."

I am just following the directions of the headline of this thread, and attempting to be philosophical. It is not my forte I admit.

Greetings to all. Yes, I did hit a brick wall, but as a Medicare, thanks to the most generous taxpayers' contribution of close to seven figures, after spending a bit over 5  weeks in three different hospitals, I remain on this mortal coil, and can even hobble around some.

I hope this finds you well.  No, I don't watch the news much. These days it is all about the virus (yes, the virus would probably do me in in short order), and Trump (a visiting nurse yesterday diagnosed Trump as a malignant narcissist, and that sounds just about spot on to me, but then I am not licensed to diagnose, so pay me no mind), and I have desire to be exposed to either.

Oh yes, health permitting, I may run for alderman in 2021 in my little city, or maybe perhaps a bit later in Hoboken (haven't been to the grand old Schoolhouse Building where we have a flat in most beautiful city in America since early January due to my issues and then the virus - sad!).

If the image below is too big, perhaps someone would tell me how to crop it, or just take a meat-ax to it themselves.

Best, Torie

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2101 on: June 03, 2020, 08:02:07 AM »

Great to hear from you Torie and glad you're doing well!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2102 on: June 03, 2020, 08:49:40 AM »

Everything that is happening right now is bad.

Oh, I don't know about that. Between a private company putting two men in space and millions of people suddenly realizing that they might need an assault rifle or two to protect their property, this has been a fairly good week for libertarians.

A private company doing it to fulfill a government contract.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2103 on: June 03, 2020, 05:37:22 PM »

well guys apparently i didn't have rona virus. my wife got sick with whatever it was i had and she is way less stubborn than me so she actually went to get tested, and it wasn't rona.

idk wtf it could have been though. i have never been sick with the flu or anything this late in the spring, and definitely not with the weird ass symptoms i was having.

makes u wonder.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2104 on: June 03, 2020, 06:10:13 PM »

Great to hear from you Torie and glad you're doing well!
Indeed, this was a pleasant surprise.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #2105 on: June 03, 2020, 10:43:04 PM »

1 of my cats needs to be euthanized basically right now due to a painful seizure and I am really very sad about it.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2106 on: June 04, 2020, 07:44:50 AM »

School is over (further update coming?) and it'd my day off so trying to clean my room. Going through the heart breaking process of deciding what books to toss in the reycling bin. A lot are used or even library dumpster rescues so it's not a totally unjustifiable practice.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2107 on: June 04, 2020, 02:05:55 PM »

I'm glad you're feeling better Scott. I was being really worried about you.

Btw, I'm considering moving to the USA next year.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2108 on: June 04, 2020, 03:46:58 PM »

When everyone else wants to leave!?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2109 on: June 05, 2020, 12:20:49 AM »

I went out to dinner with a bunch of friends tonight, and one of my friends said that he was going on a date with the girl I secretly have very strong feelings for.  I did my best to play it cool for the next hour, but I am shaken right now.  I know I should be happy for him and hope it goes well, but I am secretly hoping it doesn't go well for them, as terrible as that is.

I talked about it with one of my other friends who was there (and didn't know I had feelings for her) for about half an hour on the phone afterwards.  I prayed about it vigorously before I went to bed, that God would at least free me of my feelings for her if a relationship with her is not in His will.  But, I can't sleep or get my mind off of it.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2110 on: June 05, 2020, 12:31:28 AM »

I went out to dinner with a bunch of friends tonight, and one of my friends said that he was going on a date with the girl I secretly have very strong feelings for.  I did my best to play it cool for the next hour, but I am shaken right now.  I know I should be happy for him and hope it goes well, but I am secretly hoping it doesn't go well for them, as terrible as that is.

I talked about it with one of my other friends who was there (and didn't know I had feelings for her) for about half an hour on the phone afterwards.  I prayed about it vigorously before I went to bed, that God would at least free me of my feelings for her if a relationship with her is not in His will.  But, I can't sleep or get my mind off of it.

As Middle School as this sound, I think you're gonna have to tell both your friend who is going on the date with said girl and said girl about your feelings for her. It's ok to hope that it doesn't go well for them, that's jealousy the good thing is that you feel bad for thinking like that, you really care about your friends. Just be honest and be yourself bro. 
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2111 on: June 05, 2020, 12:59:45 AM »

I went out to dinner with a bunch of friends tonight, and one of my friends said that he was going on a date with the girl I secretly have very strong feelings for.

1. You have friends?
2. Murderer
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2112 on: June 06, 2020, 05:16:07 PM »

Went to a BLM protest today, it was honestly really great. Very powerful stuff.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2113 on: June 06, 2020, 08:42:38 PM »

Imma take a #8 clipper all around this mess in about 4 weeks ish so I return to being a boy from an angora goat.

the deed is done
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2114 on: June 06, 2020, 10:54:51 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2020, 06:45:42 PM by True RINO »

I recently had to update to a strong password on an account, so I included the words Atlas and update in the new password.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2115 on: June 09, 2020, 05:46:45 PM »

So I could vote on the two idiotic advisory questions on the Republican primary ballot today, I held my nose and voted in the Republican primary. (I doubted my vote would affect who is the ballot in November so I had no reason to choose a primary on that basis.)

The first was "Should voters have the right to register for a party?"

I voted no, because if the Republicans want to hold a closed primary, they can damn well pay for it themselves. Besides, given all the anecdotes we get each election cycle here of people in closed primary states who switched registrations to vote in the other party's primary, there's no reason to think registration will keep out people voting mischievously.

The second was  "Should candidates only be listed on only one ballot line for one party?"

Again, I voted no, as I support allowing fusion voting. Besides, I can't think of a single race where even based on the raw vote, the option to fuse has affected the outcome here.  Besides, if you get rid of it, it won't lead to a fractured Democratic vote as Republicans might hope. (The minor parties here that try to use fusion, almost inevitably select a Democrat and sometimes get kicked off the ballot if they pick one who loses the Democratic primary.)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2116 on: June 09, 2020, 09:17:52 PM »

Late night upcoming. Due diligence sucks.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2117 on: June 09, 2020, 09:54:45 PM »

I'm glad you're feeling better Scott. I was being really worried about you.

Where if I may ask?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2118 on: June 10, 2020, 01:32:48 PM »

Long story short of the past few weeks, I finally finished school and am taking a break from graduate school for probably two full years so I can get my personal life/coding/language/teaching credentials in order.

Been spending a decent amount of time in the great outdoors, albeit at state parks within an hour's drive. I was hoping to buy a mountain bike this summer but hopped on the bandwagon too late and everyone is sold out. So, like an idiot, I took my only bike onto a mountain biking course out of boredom and ended up breaking the chain guide right off after my second disaster. Ended up walking the thing out of the park going the opposite direction of the one-way bike traffic (I wasn't going to haul it over 2/3 of the course). Probably gonna be another week before it's back from repairs.

So... my imagination has been overtaken by the Capitol Hill Autonomous Oblast. Sadly, I don't have Twitter API so mass tweet sifting is not only impractical, it is practically impossible because I can't really print to pdf more than a few tweets at a time, so that's out as an option. In the meantime, I popped open the City of Seattle's Open Data Portal and can get access to shapefiles for census tracts and neighborhoods easily enough. 911 calls are also available, haven't seen if actual reported crimes are. I've been considering straight-up making a fake twitter profile to conduct interviews with but I'll wait on a prof's email back to see what the guidelines are for that sort of thing. I have no research design and this will likely be abandoned shortly hereafter, but still, these are fascinating times we're living in.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2119 on: June 10, 2020, 07:03:27 PM »

Returning my profile here to its usual state. Almost all the races went as I thought they would. Only surprise was in the Democratic primary for county coroner, which on closer inspection wasn't really a surprise if I'd cared enuf about the race to take a close look at it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2120 on: June 10, 2020, 08:45:21 PM »

A pair of finches have returned to their nest in the lantern on my front porch after being absent for two years. I checked the nest today and found five eggs. Going to do my best to defend them from the blue jays and crows.

That *should* be okay. But if birds begin reusing nests too much, mites will infect the hatchlings.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2121 on: June 11, 2020, 07:37:11 AM »

It’s always a sad day when a friendship of many years comes to a confrontational end. But, I’m proud of myself for finally standing up for myself.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2122 on: June 11, 2020, 02:31:34 PM »

It’s always a sad day when a friendship of many years comes to a confrontational end. But, I’m proud of myself for finally standing up for myself.
Yes it is, but you gotta do what’s right. I’ve had to shake off parasitical friends before too.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #2123 on: June 11, 2020, 02:47:51 PM »

After months of trying, the wife is finally pregnant.

Today went well at the OB-GYN. Except I'm never having sex again, because we've apparently got three buns in the oven. Anyone got any name suggestions?

Well, it's a boy. And a girl. And another girl!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2124 on: June 11, 2020, 02:50:13 PM »

After months of trying, the wife is finally pregnant.

Today went well at the OB-GYN. Except I'm never having sex again, because we've apparently got three buns in the oven. Anyone got any name suggestions?

Well, it's a boy. And a girl. And another girl!

Congratulations. When is the memorial service for your sleep, sanity, and checking account?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies