Scientists recommend that humans consumption of meat is unsustainable to life (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:15:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Scientists recommend that humans consumption of meat is unsustainable to life (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scientists recommend that humans consumption of meat is unsustainable to life  (Read 4008 times)
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« on: October 11, 2018, 10:59:17 PM »

How about killing off 95% of the human population and making the other 5% sterile?

That would probably save the planet right there.

Granted, it's probably extreme...

We don't need to save the planet, we need to save ourselves from clickbait-y headlines... *ba-dum-tss*

In all seriousness we Americans really eat too much meat. I get that most people don't care about their carbon footprint or even necessarily heatwaves or wildfire smoke, but we eat so much animal products and processed crap it's slowly killing us.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 01:57:19 PM »

Sure, there are people who are "strong" who don't eat meat, but it's harder and rarer than "strong" people that do eat meat.  Humans evolved with meat as an important part of our diet and like most of the things humans evolved into doing, it can be changed, but it takes work.  What percentage of professional athletes are veggies/vegans?  I'd guess something less than 1%, but I don't know.

edit for anecdote-I know and have known many veggies/vegans and I know a lot of "strong" people, I"ve never known someone that's both.  I know it's possible, but it's certainly not common.
Because most people into vegetarianism/veganism are lefty "soyboys" and not interested in sports or getting strong. Not because it's so much harder than as a non-vegetarian.

That hasn't been my experience in the Western US, but I'm glad we can agree on CAFOs and excessive meat eating being bad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies