The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:19:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 80
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3  (Read 171995 times)
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: January 31, 2019, 05:43:22 PM »

I, for one, enjoy your thoroughness, Mr. Morden, and hope you continue it.  This thread is a great resource for staying abreast of all the news and speculation. 
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1351 on: January 31, 2019, 05:54:21 PM »

The Root has an interview with Booker that they released this afternoon, in which he says he’ll make a decision “some time in the next month”:

https://www.theroot.com/cory-booker-to-announce-decision-on-presidential-run-in-1832201108

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wayne Messam, the mayor of Miramar, Florida, is considering a run for the Democratic nomination for president(!):

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article225201075.html

Stop giving these attention seekers what they want.

I'm sure Messam reads uselectionatlas.org to see who is talking about him.  That's the reason for his teasing a presidential run.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of small time politicians who lurk or even post on here.
wjx987
Rookie
« Reply #1352 on: January 31, 2019, 07:18:55 PM »

this whole thing w/ Wayne Messam is hilarious and as a son of Broward I am thoroughly enjoying it
ViaActiva

« Reply #1353 on: January 31, 2019, 08:02:35 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/29/opinions/beto-orourke-is-driving-the-political-class-nuts-axelrod/index.html

Axelrod thinks he might be, but he's just being "Beto" and taking a completely unconventional approach with his road trip. There's still his Times Square interview with Oprah next week, which makes me think he's not out of the running just yet.

Sarah Palin 2012 comes to mind...
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #1354 on: January 31, 2019, 09:59:32 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/427980-booker-seeks-support-from-lawmakers-as-he-informs-them-he-is-running-for

Congressional sources are saying that Booker is going to run and is working to get support from members of Congress.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1355 on: January 31, 2019, 10:52:42 PM »

On the timeline:

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1356 on: February 01, 2019, 12:03:48 AM »

Despite what that story from yesterday said about Weld announcing his 2020 plans today, he insists that he's not going to say anything more about it until his NH appearance on Feb. 15th:

https://www.wmur.com/article/former-massachusetts-gov-weld-says-hell-discuss-presidential-plans-in-nh-on-feb-15/26102252

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1357 on: February 01, 2019, 03:23:42 AM »

this whole thing w/ Wayne Messam is hilarious and as a son of Broward I am thoroughly enjoying it
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1358 on: February 01, 2019, 04:44:23 AM »

Doubt Booker announces on a Friday or Super Bowl weekend, next week is the SOTU so probably not then either.
mgop
« Reply #1359 on: February 01, 2019, 05:59:02 AM »

biden said he will decide until end of january. here's february, so he probably will not run. i really think that he and sanders shouldn't run.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1360 on: February 01, 2019, 07:18:02 AM »

Doubt Booker announces on a Friday or Super Bowl weekend, next week is the SOTU so probably not then either.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #1361 on: February 01, 2019, 07:54:38 AM »

Booker is my Harris support backup.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1362 on: February 01, 2019, 09:28:01 AM »

Boy, this aged like milk.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1363 on: February 01, 2019, 10:44:35 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2019, 10:51:18 AM by UWS »

biden said he will decide until end of january. here's february, so he probably will not run. i really think that he and sanders shouldn't run.

Actually, Biden said that he will make up his mind by February personally and officially announce in the coming weeks/months.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1364 on: February 01, 2019, 11:25:02 AM »

The Root has an interview with Booker that they released this afternoon, in which he says he’ll make a decision “some time in the next month”:

Well, he's not Biden, who after a month still hasn't actually made a decision.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #1365 on: February 01, 2019, 05:31:25 PM »

If you're interested I got some new information about Democratic primaries like I was posting them before:

- There was videoconference between Booker, Perez (DNC boss) and Brown, Brown still "tests the waters" about his possible run and he currently is doing some exploring in Iowa;

- That "Rust Belt Act" I was mentioning few times earlier, is currently finished in a draft version;

- Brown would choose within next few weeks who to side with to brand "Rust Belt Act" (that decision would be very important on the future of his possible campaign, the person he chooses to brand "Rust Belt Act" will be most likely his running mate or he will be that person's running mate);

- That person (my source of information) would be preferring Booker to Harris (that person calls Booker and Harris "most serious" primary candidates) because Booker is "more keen on Washington" to Kamala and he's also more consistent in his words.
aaroncd107

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.00

« Reply #1366 on: February 01, 2019, 06:23:01 PM »

If you're interested I got some new information about Democratic primaries like I was posting them before:

- There was videoconference between Booker, Perez (DNC boss) and Brown, Brown still "tests the waters" about his possible run and he currently is doing some exploring in Iowa;

- That "Rust Belt Act" I was mentioning few times earlier, is currently finished in a draft version;

- Brown would choose within next few weeks who to side with to brand "Rust Belt Act" (that decision would be very important on the future of his possible campaign, the person he chooses to brand "Rust Belt Act" will be most likely his running mate or he will be that person's running mate);

- That person (my source of information) would be preferring Booker to Harris (that person calls Booker and Harris "most serious" primary candidates) because Booker is "more keen on Washington" to Kamala and he's also more consistent in his words.

Is Rust Belt Act a... bill? program? labor thing? strategy? What is the deal with it?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1367 on: February 01, 2019, 10:04:32 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2019, 10:52:51 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

Choosing Booker over Harris would be the biggest mistake of his career.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1368 on: February 01, 2019, 10:58:52 PM »

This is a few days old, but I didn't find it on here, so perhaps it went under the radar.

According to John Podesta, Hillary is out in terms of 2020.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/30/hillary-clinton-2020-election-1136435
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1369 on: February 01, 2019, 11:37:30 PM »

This is a few days old, but I didn't find it on here, so perhaps it went under the radar.

It was posted in this thread, in this post:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=303677.msg6647940#msg6647940
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1370 on: February 02, 2019, 01:11:56 AM »

Swalwell was in NH yesterday, and sounded like he was already in:

He’ll be back in NH once again on Feb. 25th for “Politics and Eggs”:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/eric-swalwell-to-appear-at-new-hampshire-politics-and-eggs-event
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #1371 on: February 02, 2019, 06:53:36 AM »

Is Rust Belt Act a... bill? program? labor thing? strategy? What is the deal with it?

"Rust Belt Act" is a bill (but also a program) concerned to redevelop Rust Belt. I don't know the details, but it seems to have the same role as Harris's middle class tax breaks.

JG

« Reply #1372 on: February 02, 2019, 07:01:43 AM »

According to John Podesta, Hillary is out in terms of 2020.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/30/hillary-clinton-2020-election-1136435

I love how any article about vague innuendos from unnamed sources about how Hillary is still considering a run gets talked about everywhere, but a formal no from her former campaign chairman barely gets any traction.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1373 on: February 02, 2019, 11:33:55 AM »

Bloomberg, Biden and TMac now reconsidering and less likely to run due to Dem leftward shift.
mgop
« Reply #1374 on: February 02, 2019, 12:52:04 PM »

they are too afraid because they would lost badly
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies