The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:56:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 80
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3  (Read 172033 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: December 29, 2018, 08:46:06 PM »

henster
YaBB God

« Reply #751 on: December 30, 2018, 05:30:29 AM »

It's pretty weird to not have your HQ in your home state, I mean Kamala has virtually no ties to Atlanta or Baltimore. Is being in the Eastern timezone that important?
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #752 on: December 30, 2018, 06:19:58 AM »

Not sure if it's newsworthy, but it appears the domain for kamalaforpresident.com has been bought.
She is definitely running.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #753 on: December 30, 2018, 06:57:38 AM »

It's pretty weird to not have your HQ in your home state, I mean Kamala has virtually no ties to Atlanta or Baltimore. Is being in the Eastern timezone that important?

Many candidates in the past have had their HQ in DC or the DC suburbs.  E.g., that's how McCain handled this time zone problem.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #754 on: December 30, 2018, 07:21:16 AM »

Many candidates in the past have had their HQ in DC or the DC suburbs.  E.g., that's how McCain handled this time zone problem.

Baltimore makes sense for the reason you mention. But Altanta is a head-scratcher.
Joey1996

« Reply #755 on: December 30, 2018, 08:11:25 AM »

Atlanta is the de facto capital of black America, it makes sense from that standpoint.
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #756 on: December 30, 2018, 10:12:41 AM »

Also there’s an idea that you should get out of the DC bubble by having your HQ somewhere else. Not sure how effective that is now though as twitter exists.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #757 on: December 30, 2018, 10:30:46 AM »

Atlanta is the de facto capital of black America, it makes sense from that standpoint.

I thought that was Chicago.
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #758 on: December 30, 2018, 11:18:12 AM »

Atlanta has a higher percentage of black people than Chicago, and Baltimore has an even higher than both.
Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #759 on: December 30, 2018, 11:19:13 AM »

Angelina Jolie running for President?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=post;topic=303677.750;num_replies=759

https://www.businessinsider.com/angelina-jolie-hints-run-for-president-2018-12
Joey1996

« Reply #760 on: December 30, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »

Definitely not, in fact northern cities like Chicago are experiencing a reverse great migration due to gentrification and crime. Atlanta on the other hand has the most black-owned businesses per capita, lower black unemployment and lower cost of living.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #761 on: December 30, 2018, 12:33:16 PM »

McAuliffe on 2020:

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/423229-mcauliffe-says-hes-obviously-looking-at-2020-run

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It looks like that was changed back once people noticed, which makes it even more likely that this is being done in preparation for a presidential run:

https://twitter.com/MattOrtega/status/1079197689689137153
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #762 on: December 30, 2018, 12:45:49 PM »

McAuliffe on 2020:

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/423229-mcauliffe-says-hes-obviously-looking-at-2020-run

It looks like that was changed back once people noticed, which makes it even more likely that this is being done in preparation for a presidential run:

It was just changed back again, dropping the "for MA". She's running.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #763 on: December 30, 2018, 01:31:58 PM »

McAuliffe on 2020:

McAuliffe = John Kasich 2.0 (dem version)
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #764 on: December 30, 2018, 01:36:59 PM »

McAuliffe on 2020:

McAuliffe = John Kasich 2.0 (dem version)
Not really.  A lot of people I know think of Kasich as an essentially good guy.  McAuliffe's connections to the Clintons likely rule out that image of him.
ViaActiva

« Reply #765 on: December 30, 2018, 06:53:16 PM »

Yep, makes sense for Kamala to lay a claim to the early Southern primaries.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #766 on: December 30, 2018, 07:07:43 PM »

Definitely not, in fact northern cities like Chicago are experiencing a reverse great migration due to gentrification and crime. Atlanta on the other hand has the most black-owned businesses per capita, lower black unemployment and lower cost of living.

Yeah, Atlanta has been known, and still is, as the “Black Mecca”. In addition to this, Chicago is only like 1/3 black and the black population there is declining.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #767 on: December 30, 2018, 08:49:37 PM »

It is. Please don't believe these costal dems.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #768 on: December 30, 2018, 10:25:29 PM »

No it's not. You don't even know what you're talking about. LOL.
Joey1996

« Reply #769 on: December 30, 2018, 10:42:21 PM »

What about Chicago makes it the de facto capital of black America, besides conservatives using the murder rate to dog whistle about "black on black crime"?

And I live in Ohio.....
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #770 on: December 30, 2018, 11:09:43 PM »

I love how we're debating which city is the de-facto African American culture capital of the US, meanwhile, Kamala is revolutionizing the Southern Strategy to ensure a nomination.

Never change, fellow Democrats.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #771 on: December 30, 2018, 11:11:39 PM »

I love how we're debating which city is the de-facto African American culture capital of the US, meanwhile, Kamala is revolutionizing the Southern Strategy to ensure a nomination.

Huh

Shes basing herself in Atlanta. We dont even know what her plan is or how it will be executed. For all we know, she doesnt win the Black vote. Lets save the revolutionary strategy talk until after we see the nominee.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #772 on: December 30, 2018, 11:15:02 PM »

Huh

Shes basing herself in Atlanta. We dont even know what her plan is or how it will be executed. For all we know, she doesnt win the Black vote. Lets save the revolutionary strategy talk until after we see the nominee.

Not that she's revolutionary herself, but that if this is her plan of action - she's revolutionizing the idea of the Southern Strategy; putting a progressive left spin on it.

Obama couldn't pull off Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida in '08.

If Kamala can carry all of the Obama '08 southern states and pick up most of those four by appealing to minorities, that's a huge takeaway from Biden/Beto/Bernie.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #773 on: December 30, 2018, 11:24:32 PM »

Huh

Not that she's revolutionary herself, but that if this is her plan of action - she's revolutionizing the idea of the Southern Strategy; putting a progressive left spin on it.

If Kamala can carry all of the Obama '08 southern states and pick up most of those four by appealing to minorities, that's a huge takeaway from Biden/Beto/Bernie.

Again, my point is that we dont even know:
1. What her strategy is
2. How much of the Black vote she will win
3. If she will be the nominee

For all we know, Biden wins these states due to the Obama legacy, we cannot be certain. Its best just to not make such declarations 1-2 years before they even happen.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #774 on: December 30, 2018, 11:42:00 PM »

Huh

Again, my point is that we dont even know:
1. What her strategy is
2. How much of the Black vote she will win
3. If she will be the nominee

For all we know, Biden wins these states due to the Obama legacy, we cannot be certain. Its best just to not make such declarations 1-2 years before they even happen.

Implying Beto O'Rourke isn't already the nominee.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies