Opinion of NYC Millennial Minority
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:00:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of NYC Millennial Minority
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Poll
Question: Opinion of NYC Millennial Minority
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 229

Author Topic: Opinion of NYC Millennial Minority  (Read 13263 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2019, 08:24:18 PM »

I feel bad criticizing people who've said nice things about me in the past, but I don't want to be like the idiotic corrupt toerag NYCMM idolizes-- showering praise upon anyone who will return the favor. So I'll come out and say it: He's an obvious troll. I don't mind trolling so long as it's funny, but what he's doing lacks any subtlety or nuance whatsoever. It needs to stop.

I hope that the left-wingers of Atlas, even if we have our disagreements fairly often, can make the distinction between the genuinely intelligent right-wingers on here and these obscene levels of unclever hackery. And I will try to do better in the future at calling out those on the right for this kind of behavior before it gets this bad.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2019, 08:36:50 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2019, 08:39:52 PM by Atlas: Consistently Wrong »

I feel bad criticizing people who've said nice things about me in the past, but I don't want to be like the idiotic corrupt toerag NYCMM idolizes-- showering praise upon anyone who will return the favor. So I'll come out and say it: He's an obvious troll. I don't mind trolling so long as it's funny, but what he's doing lacks any subtlety or nuance whatsoever. It needs to stop.

I hope that the left-wingers of Atlas, even if we have our disagreements fairly often, can make the distinction between the genuinely intelligent right-wingers on here and these obscene levels of unclever hackery. And I will try to do better in the future at calling out those on the right for this kind of behavior before it gets this bad.

Unfortunately, Atlas wouldn't 'get it' if I was subtle, so I figured "Why not be as obvious as possible?"

by the way The Don is smart, the least corrupt POTUS we've had since Jimmy Carter, and not a doerag

edit: also there are many posters who would want you banned alongside me

Realize what the #RealThreat is
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2019, 08:52:41 PM »

Fascinatingly bad. It's truly like being being that one judge in Billy Madison having to hear Billy Madison say that thing, and constantly giving that infamous remark over and over and over again.

If he decided to make a movie, I'd be very interested in watching the final product at least once.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2019, 09:01:30 PM »

Fascinatingly bad. It's truly like being being that one judge in Billy Madison having to hear Billy Madison say that thing, and constantly giving that infamous remark over and over and over again.

If he decided to make a movie, I'd be very interested in watching the final product at least once.

Funnily enough, making a movie *is* an item on my bucket list. Sadly lots of things aren't getting the time and attention they need because I love posting on this site.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2019, 09:20:19 PM »

I have faith that the majority of red avs on here understand that your posts are not representative of the Atlas right, whereas my posts are motivated by a sincere and heartfelt belief that democracy is dumb and super lame.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2019, 10:21:56 PM »

Oh, they can make the distinction.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2019, 10:39:46 PM »

That line you're referring to is like the one good thing Adam Sandler has ever contributed to society.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2019, 09:42:25 PM »

The only thing that really bothers me about him is the fact that his acting like he is just so much better than anybody else who does not agree with him when this was a forum meant for civil discussion

Civil discussion doesn’t really exist on this forum, and I don’t believe it has since I joined.
This forum used to be very civil. 2014 was a great year for all of us. Trumps rise coincides with a cognitive decline among Atlas Democrats.

Yeah, THAT'S where the problem started. Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2019, 09:53:11 PM »

Incredibly unentertaining and obnoxious poster who makes this forum worse every time he logs on. Unquestionably the worst active user at the moment. Ignoring does not work for a poster who consistently makes bad threads and baits dumb users into quoting him and derailing threads.

Truly can not wait for him to be banned and I don't know why it's taking so long.
It's because blue avatars are hiveminded snowflakes who have no ideology other than "owning than libs". Mods probably just don't want to have to deal with the angry mob of dips**ts crying about censorship or whatever that'll come with banning.

Not really. From my experience (admittedly from several years ago now), to their credit mods genuinely care more about actual censorship and permenantly banning anyone who isn't salvagable than they care about any widespread outcry. I'm not saying they're deaf (usually) to poster opinion, but hey, they aren't elected, so they get to make decisions as they best see fit unless they really screw up horrendously (Inks, Beet,) or retire. It's kind of like being a federal judge. Grin

The real sources of delay don't have to do with ideology, directly. There is a fair bit of whataboutism by mods defending controversial poster x on their side of the ideological divide by arguing posters y and z on the other side of the divide are just as bad and yet not moderated/considered for banning, etc. Even more than that, though, is the modadmin (multiple, not just Muon) have treated almost every banning as a decision between "one more warning" vs. a permaban. There's starting to be a change I'm glad to see with more extensive use of varying degrees of temp bans. Long overdue.

Also, Muon among others have been astonishingly delayed in not bringing the banhammer down on temp banned individuals who return on probation but are just as great an ass as ever. (e.g. Krazen, Higgins, and I'm sure eventually NYCMM).
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2019, 05:39:11 AM »

He doesn't talk like a real person.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2019, 08:45:32 AM »

The fact that he is bumping this very thread to ensure we all talk about him is really indicative of his crippling addiction to attention. It's not about Trump or Populism or Identity Politics for this guy: it's about ensuring that all discussion revolves around himself. The closest comparison I can think of in recent years is Libertas, who also insisted on derailing all conversations around his own stylized persona. And of course, Libby was a libertarian turned beniecrat, so it's not like the widespread dislike of NYCMM is purely due to triggered leftists hating free speech.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2019, 11:27:36 AM »

The fact that he is bumping this very thread to ensure we all talk about him is really indicative of his crippling addiction to attention. It's not about Trump or Populism or Identity Politics for this guy: it's about ensuring that all discussion revolves around himself. The closest comparison I can think of in recent years is Libertas, who also insisted on derailing all conversations around his own stylized persona. And of course, Libby was a libertarian turned beniecrat, so it's not like the widespread dislike of NYCMM is purely due to triggered leftists hating free speech.
At least Libertas was ing hilarious.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2019, 12:34:49 PM »

The only thing that really bothers me about him is the fact that his acting like he is just so much better than anybody else who does not agree with him when this was a forum meant for civil discussion

Civil discussion doesn’t really exist on this forum, and I don’t believe it has since I joined.
This forum used to be very civil. 2014 was a great year for all of us. Trumps rise coincides with a cognitive decline among Atlas Democrats.

It gave you guys a reason to let your fascism/racism/sexism out, just be honest! As we valiantly did in WWII we need to do it again now to stamp out the rot.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2019, 02:12:33 PM »

Nobody whose "opinion of" thread is seven pages long and has been running for over a year could possibly be a good person. HP.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2019, 04:34:06 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2019, 04:37:21 PM by Smiling John »

It gave you guys a reason to let your fascism/racism/sexism out, just be honest! As we valiantly did in WWII we need to do it again now to stamp out the rot.

Ironically, if you knew the political beliefs and values of the typical American on the Normandy beach, you'd be calling them a Nazi too.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2019, 05:29:38 PM »

MasterJedi would piss his pants on Normandy Beach.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2019, 08:16:37 PM »

Unfortunately, Atlas wouldn't 'get it' if I was subtle, so I figured "Why not be as obvious as possible?"

by the way The Don is smart, the least corrupt POTUS we've had since Jimmy Carter, and not a doerag

No one wants to ban John Dule Roll Eyes
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2019, 01:24:19 PM »

No one wants to ban John Dule Roll Eyes

thnx bby
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2019, 05:24:39 PM »

Incredibly unentertaining and obnoxious poster who makes this forum worse every time he logs on. Unquestionably the worst active user at the moment. Ignoring does not work for a poster who consistently makes bad threads and baits dumb users into quoting him and derailing threads.

Truly can not wait for him to be banned and I don't know why it's taking so long.
It's because blue avatars are hiveminded snowflakes who have no ideology other than "owning than libs". Mods probably just don't want to have to deal with the angry mob of dips**ts crying about censorship or whatever that'll come with banning.
It's more like we have no coherent ideology because we're all different people and not members of a hive mind.

"No coherent ideology" doesn't mean "not the same ideology." It means your ideologies are often based on "triggering liberals" and have very little basis in your own moral beliefs, better outcomes, or anything actually grounded in reality.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2019, 05:29:09 PM »

This might very well be the longest opinion of thread I have ever seen here
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2019, 08:41:44 PM »

This might very well be the longest opinion of thread I have ever seen here

That's what he wants.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2019, 09:44:28 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2019, 09:50:40 PM by Badger »

Ironically, if you knew the political beliefs and values of the typical American on the Normandy beach, you'd be calling them a Nazi too.

What? Because some guys born in the 1920's, many of whom were New Dealers, had strong aversions to homosexuality and (mostly) integration? Horsesh**t and a half
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2019, 04:19:05 AM »

What? Because some guys born in the 1920's, many of whom were New Dealers, had strong aversions to homosexuality and (mostly) integration? Horsesh**t and a half

Wait... are you saying that those GIs didn't have beliefs that would be abhorrent to the modern left that is attempting to co-opt their image, or are you saying that the modern left would be tolerant of their beliefs nonetheless? Because neither of those things are true.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2019, 11:54:28 AM »

Wait... are you saying that those GIs didn't have beliefs that would be abhorrent to the modern left that is attempting to co-opt their image, or are you saying that the modern left would be tolerant of their beliefs nonetheless? Because neither of those things are true.

I'm saying that about 98 + percent of leftists understand that the same way we honor the union troops who defeated slavery and secession even though oh, because it was the 1860s, the vast majority held abhorrent views about blacks - - with the occasional exception hopes like Colonel Robert Shaw - - and the concept of condoning homosexuality was unfathomable, leftists today hardly hold the views of homosexuality and interracial relations against anti-fascist new dealers who were born a hundred years ago.

If You really believe leftists don't honor and Revere the troops who fought fascism, including the Republicans, just because their jaws would have dropped open if one suggested legalizing gay marriage in the 1940s, then you are woefully and grossly misinformed.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2019, 05:56:15 PM »

I'm saying that about 98 + percent of leftists understand that the same way we honor the union troops who defeated slavery and secession even though oh, because it was the 1860s, the vast majority held abhorrent views about blacks - - with the occasional exception hopes like Colonel Robert Shaw - - and the concept of condoning homosexuality was unfathomable, leftists today hardly hold the views of homosexuality and interracial relations against anti-fascist new dealers who were born a hundred years ago.

If You really believe leftists don't honor and Revere the troops who fought fascism, including the Republicans, just because their jaws would have dropped open if one suggested legalizing gay marriage in the 1940s, then you are woefully and grossly misinformed.

Modern progressives have an abysmal track record of judging historical figures by the context that they lived in. Setting that aside though, I was not arguing that leftists don't respect the troops. I was arguing that, if a modern progressive had a political conversation with the average D-Day veteran (without knowing who they were), they'd probably call that person a "fascist." The word "fascist" has gradually been overused to the point that it has become synonymous with "someone who disagrees with me," as MasterJedi demonstrated in this comment chain. If Atlas Republicans (who are generally more moderate than the average Republican IRL) are "fascists" for their beliefs, then the D-Day GIs are "fascists" for theirs. It cuts both ways.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies