What states do these three American dudes come from?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 06:32:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What states do these three American dudes come from?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What states do these three American dudes come from?  (Read 703 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 09, 2018, 06:58:28 PM »

These guys are American football players who play for the GFL. They receive an additional income by making YouTube videos about their lives in Germany.
I do know where they're from, but I'd like to know if they have accents specific for certain areas of the US, thereby making it possible to identify where they might come from. Regarding one of them, that would be quite interesting as he has lived in several states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ckt4IZu7zg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PliciCIN9w
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 07:37:16 PM »

Those accents are the very distinct Portland (Oregon), Irvine and Bakersfield (California) accents, respectively.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 07:43:07 PM »

Those accents are the very distinct Portland (Oregon), Irvine and Bakersfield (California) accents, respectively.

Did you look it up where they come from, or have you really identify it by their accents? Tongue

One of them was born and raised in Texas. Can anybody hear it from his accent?
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 07:40:34 PM »

"NALF" had one sentence that sounded vaguely Texan, but it could have been a put-on.

Otherwise, they all sounded generically American.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 12:01:31 AM »

"NALF" had one sentence that sounded vaguely Texan, but it could have been a put-on.

That's interesting cause I'd thought he was from Texas cause he has a very "loud" American accent.
I was shocked when I discovered that he was born and raised in Oregon. But I'm not very good at detecting accents anyway.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 12:49:00 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2018, 07:26:02 AM by L.D. Smith, Aggie! It's Real Expenses Again »

That's interesting cause I'd thought he was from Texas cause he has a very "loud" American accent.
I was shocked when I discovered that he was born and raised in Oregon. But I'm not very good at detecting accents anyway.

We couldn't differentiate Swabian from Saxon from Bavarian the lot of us, don't feel too bad.

Anyway, those the Californian definitely sound Californian, and not the awesome kind, the silly SoCal kind that are just a step away from sayin' "gnarly"....~shudders~

The Oregonian I would've pegged to have come from Colorado.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 02:23:44 AM »

Anyway, those the Californian definitely sound Californian, and the awesome kind, the silly SoCal kind that are just a step away from sayin' "gnarly"....~shudders~

Funnily, Conner - the blond ADHD guy from Orange County - sounds like a Californian to me, too. He looks, speaks and behaves like one of those Baywatch and Beverly Hills 90210 actors that irreversibly shaped the image non-Americans have of California. Wink + Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies