Cory Booker once again showing how weak Democratic leadership is
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 06:21:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cory Booker once again showing how weak Democratic leadership is
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Cory Booker once again showing how weak Democratic leadership is  (Read 2579 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2018, 11:13:11 AM »

This sentiment is why Democrats continue to lose. Also, it's not about "hating" Republicans (even though in some cases it is deserved).

Democratic leadership needs to grow a spine and stop letting Republicans use them like doormats.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 11:31:34 AM »

Thankfully....he will never be a presidential nominee
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 11:33:40 AM »

"You can't hate Republicans"

Technically he's right. Only Republicans are allowed to hate and ignore the other side. It's wrong when Democrats do it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 11:34:33 AM »

This sentiment is why Democrats continue to lose. Also, it's not about "hating" Republicans (even though in some cases it is deserved).

Democratic leadership needs to grow a spine and stop letting Republicans use them like doormats.

I’m genuinely confused; what’s wrong with what Booker said?  It seems like a standard stump speech line.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 11:36:26 AM »

I’m genuinely confused; what’s wrong with what Booker said?  It seems like a standard stump speech line.
You would NEVER hear a Republican senator make a speech like this if the situation was reverse.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 11:41:34 AM »

I’m genuinely confused; what’s wrong with what Booker said?  It seems like a standard stump speech line.
You would NEVER hear a Republican senator make a speech like this is the situation was reverse.

I could easily have seen McCain doing so, but either way...who cares?  Letting the Republican Party dictate our party’s moral standards isn’t playing hardball, it’s just dumb and self-destructive.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 11:43:25 AM »

Does this sociopath "love" the sick people he denied affordable medication to by voting against Bernie's importation bill? Hmm?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 11:44:14 AM »

That moment when Atlas doesn't get self-validation for its disgusting and bitter form of politicking.

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 11:45:01 AM »

You would NEVER hear a Republican senator make a speech like this is the situation was reverse.

I could easily have seen McCain doing so, but either way...who cares?  Letting the Republican Party dictate our party’s moral standards isn’t playing hardball, it’s just dumb and self-destructive.
McCain was different. Most Republicans wouldn't say this. Cory Booker is not the only Democrat saying this.

Also, it's not about letting Republicans dictate our party's moral standards, it's about growing a spine and stop letting Republicans just walk all over us.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 11:45:16 AM »

I’m genuinely confused; what’s wrong with what Booker said?  It seems like a standard stump speech line.
You would NEVER hear a Republican senator make a speech like this if the situation was reverse.
Did you not watch Donald Trump’s victory speech or was that way past your bedtime?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 11:45:43 AM »

That moment when Atlas doesn't get self-validation for its disgusting and bitter form of politicking.

Yawn, does Mitch McConnell give one damn about how Democrats feel?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 11:47:42 AM »

Did you not watch Donald Trump’s victory speech or was that way past your bedtime?
You're a typical Trump troll. I have already told you stop quoting me but since you're obsessed with me you can't help yourself.

That's actually pretty pathetic. Stop being obsessed with me. Also, your trolling sucks.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 11:48:29 AM »

He is in Iowa, you idiots.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 11:48:38 AM »

He won't be the nominee. The potential frontrunners (Harris, Warren, Sanders) are much more belligerent.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 11:50:53 AM »

So? Nobody is saying that he should of said, "F**k Republicans. They are the worst people on Earth".

That's not appropriate. However, his kumbaya attitude is why Democrats continue to lose.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 11:59:34 AM »

So? Nobody is saying that he should of said, "F**k Republicans. They are the worst people on Earth".

That's not appropriate. However, his kumbaya attitude is why Democrats continue to lose.

It is a state Trump won by 10 and has trended red over the years. There is likely some Republicans in the audience, calling them terrible people is likely not the best move.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2018, 12:03:49 PM »

It is a state Trump won by 10 and has trended red over the years. There is likely some Republicans in the audience, calling them terrible people is likely not the best move.
What? Did you not even understand my post.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2018, 12:15:51 PM »

Yeah, I understand your post.

Booker is running for president and he is laying the groundwork in a state that may sour on Trump in 2020. Christ, I don't even like Booker and you have me defending him making a typical campaign stump speech.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2018, 12:18:34 PM »

You're a typical Trump troll. I have already told you stop quoting me but since you're obsessed with me you can't help yourself.

That's actually pretty pathetic. Stop being obsessed with me. Also, your trolling sucks.
So you don't have an answer. Ok.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2018, 12:20:20 PM »

Yeah, I understand your post.

Booker is running for president and he is laying the groundwork in a state that may sour on Trump in 2020. Christ, I don't even like Booker and you have me defending him making a typical campaign stump speech.
He won't win the primary.

So you don't have an answer. Ok.
Can you please stop quoting me? Also, stop trolling.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2018, 12:24:25 PM »

yep
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2018, 12:26:56 PM »

yep
Nope.

Republicans get away with everything. Calling for Democrats to grow a spine and stop with all of this kumbaya nonsense always makes people react in a negative way.

"How dare you Democrats try and fight back? Why can't you guys stay docile and weak?"
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 12:28:39 PM »

Amen. The GOP and it's followers are not good faith participants in our representative form of government, nor in our free and equal society. Pretending they are is foolish and self-destructive.

I didn't like Booker as a Presidential candidate in 2020, but this (assuming it's true, as it looks to be) takes him from 'dislike' to 'completely useless'.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2018, 12:33:13 PM »

yep
Nope.

Republicans get away with everything. Calling for Democrats to grow a spine and stop with all of this kumbaya nonsense always makes people react in a negative way.

"How dare you Democrats try and fight back? Why can't you guys stay docile and weak?"
thinking the only two options are doormat or screaming Nazi is a big part of the problem.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2018, 12:36:44 PM »

Does this sociopath "love" the sick people he denied affordable medication to by voting against Bernie's importation bill? Hmm?

Stop spreading this BS. Booker is now in favor of allowing people to import drugs.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies