Finally a competent gutter politics attack ad from the DCCC in VA-02
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:05:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Finally a competent gutter politics attack ad from the DCCC in VA-02
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Finally a competent gutter politics attack ad from the DCCC in VA-02  (Read 600 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2018, 01:43:02 AM »

Finally, some competence from Democrats! It is not that hard to play gutter politics, and finally Democrats are starting to do so.

Wasserman makes exactly the right point about this - from the ad, you have no idea what the Taylor scandal is about, just that there is a scandal, and he did something seriously wrong and horribly illegal.

So for those who think that Scott Taylor's scandal can't/won't hurt him, THIS is how the scandal can be made to hurt him - by shamelessly smearing it in voter's faces in a deliberately misleading way that makes it sound like the worst thing ever.

These are the tactics usually used by Republicans (i.e. Hillary's emails, and the attack ads against Aftab Pureval in OH-01 that similarly exaggerate/mislead about his scandal), which Democrats are usually afraid to use because Dems are too "principled." Screw principles. Embrace gutter politics in order to win. Thank you, DCCC, a job well done. Now go do it in another 20 districts, and let's get the Dem superpacs doing the same thing, please.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 01:27:51 PM »

Excellent!
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 01:33:00 PM »

Like, its good that they're getting down and dirty, but is this the most effective way to do it?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 07:44:50 PM »

It's about time! You know, I used to be a Calthrina-like high road advocate but I have become so jaded and cynical over the past few years that I'm out for blood now, and I hope the Democrats finally are too. The only downside that I see here would be the lack of self-awareness and the double standards by Republicans finding some way to use this against the Democrats in turn, in a concern trolling way.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 09:41:44 PM »

Good ad.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 10:30:34 PM »

Like, its good that they're getting down and dirty, but is this the most effective way to do it?
Chabot is doing it against Aftab, so why the hell not in this race?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies