All safe senate candidates get a Roy Moore-like scandal. Who still survives?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:44:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  All safe senate candidates get a Roy Moore-like scandal. Who still survives?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which currently safe candidates would be able to survive a Roy Moore-like scandal?
Angus King (I-ME)

Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)

Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)

Christopher Murphy (D-CT)

Tim Kaine (D-VA)

Robert Casey Jr. (D-PA)

Thomas Carper (D-DE)

Benjamin Cardin (D-MD)

Sherrod Brown (D-OH)

Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)

Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)

Tammy Baldwin (D-WI)

Roger Wicker (R-MS)

Deb Fischer (R-NE)

Martin Heinrich (D-NM)

John Barrasso (R-WY)

Mitt Romney (R-UT)

Maria Cantwell (D-WA)

Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)

Mazie Hirono (D-HI)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: All safe senate candidates get a Roy Moore-like scandal. Who still survives?  (Read 411 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2018, 05:30:30 PM »

Pretty much what says there.

Which candidates running in safe seats would be able to survive a Roy Moore-like tier scandal? I'm going by 538's ratings here, but maybe other candidates who aren't rated as safe would survive anyways?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 05:58:14 PM »

None. They all lose or they all drop out and are replaced on the ballot.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 05:58:47 PM »

None. Lankford or Inhofe probably would though.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 07:08:43 PM »

Barrasso would be the best chance, perhaps. Maybe Wicker.

Pretty sure all the Dems would be forced off the ballot if this happens.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 07:12:41 PM »

Barrasso would be the best chance, perhaps. Maybe Wicker.

Pretty sure all the Dems would be forced off the ballot if this happens.

Fair enough, though I was also assuming no one dropping out (say the respective deadlines have passed). Probably should have mentioned that
mencken
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 07:16:39 PM »

None of the Democrats have to fear since the media will just ignore it (see Brown, Carper, and Menendez's issues)

I doubt the Republicans would really have to worry either; I don't really think the Moore-stuff had as much effect as people think in the end. Moore being a crappy candidate with extreme views running in a Trump midterm environment brought the race from the 20-something romping it should have been to a low-to-mid single digit race; the allegations against him merely gave Jones those critical last few percentage points.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 07:34:08 PM »

None of the Democrats have to fear since the media will just ignore it (see Brown, Carper, and Menendez's issues)

I doubt the Republicans would really have to worry either; I don't really think the Moore-stuff had as much effect as people think in the end. Moore being a crappy candidate with extreme views running in a Trump midterm environment brought the race from the 20-something romping it should have been to a low-to-mid single digit race; the allegations against him merely gave Jones those critical last few percentage points.

Uh, Menendez's scandal got tons of press coverage. Brown doesn't even have a real scandal. And you're really comparing Carper's to Moore's nearly a dozen accusers with pedophilia thrown in for good measure? Roll Eyes
mencken
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 08:57:50 PM »

Uh, Menendez's scandal got tons of press coverage. Brown doesn't even have a real scandal. And you're really comparing Carper's to Moore's nearly a dozen accusers with pedophilia thrown in for good measure? Roll Eyes

Beating your wife isn't a scandal?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 09:10:16 PM »

Beating your wife isn't a scandal?

Don't be deliberately obtuse. As I'm certain you already know, his ex wife refuted this claim.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies