Warren: I'll "Take a Hard Look" at Running for President After Midterms
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:25:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Warren: I'll "Take a Hard Look" at Running for President After Midterms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Warren: I'll "Take a Hard Look" at Running for President After Midterms  (Read 3660 times)
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2018, 11:36:38 AM »

I have no reason to believe this aside from my own neoliberal proclivities, but I've always imagined Liz Warren as the one candidate smart enough to toe the line between hardcore progressives and corporate Dems. "Accountable Capitalism" as in that bill she sponsored could be appealing to pretty much anybody from the centre leftward who doesn't want to burn down the whole system in GLФЯЇФЦS ШФЯҜЄЯS ЯЄVФLЏTЇФЙ. Am I off the mark?
twenty42
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2018, 12:11:33 PM »

This is exactly why I say that people shouldn't be counting their 2020 chickens yet. Warren is eerily similar to Hillary (elderly white woman, northeastern establishment figure, not charismatic, prone to negative soundbites), and she is the kind of candidate that plays right into Trump's hand.

I'll go on record here saying that there is no way in hell that Warren gets to 270 if Dems are stupid enough to nominate her. I'll also predict that her candidacy would push CO and VA into pure tossup, and that OR would be within five points.
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2018, 12:28:13 PM »

Having listened to way too many Elizabeth Warren interviews her biggest obstacle is really going to be that she calls her father “daddy” and it’s uncomfortable.
Jags
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2018, 01:36:08 PM »

I have no reason to believe this aside from my own neoliberal proclivities, but I've always imagined Liz Warren as the one candidate smart enough to toe the line between hardcore progressives and corporate Dems. "Accountable Capitalism" as in that bill she sponsored could be appealing to pretty much anybody from the centre leftward who doesn't want to burn down the whole system in GLФЯЇФЦS ШФЯҜЄЯS ЯЄVФLЏTЇФЙ. Am I off the mark?
Yes
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2018, 01:51:56 PM »

I would support her in a general, but I think she'd lose.

I really hope she doesn't run.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2018, 02:03:50 PM »

Her electability is pretty underrated.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2018, 02:21:59 PM »

Her electability is pretty underrated.

Well, the conventional wisdom indicates she'd be better as a VP nominee (and I think it's a damn shame she wasn't selected in 2016), filling the role of an attack dog. However, the conventional wisdom is pretty much dead now and to effectively counter somebody like Trump we need an attack dog. Not his liberal version, but somebody that's sticking to her guns.

Her sex, however, may be a tricky thing here, because there's a lot of people who view outspoken, unabashed female politicians less receptively than unabashed male politicians. You know, "angry woman", "mean woman", "not a ladylike behavior" and such crap, which actually makes me want Warren to run even more to confront this form of sexist stereotyped head on.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2018, 04:14:36 PM »

As I've said many times before, I believe Trump would defeat her by double digits in the NPV in the general.

LMFAO

I personally guarantee you that I am correct. Don't question my eternal wisdom.

Rep-elect Rich Lazer agrees.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2018, 04:21:50 PM »

I would support her in a general, but I think she'd lose.

I really hope she doesn't run.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2018, 07:10:03 PM »

Unsurprisingly she is going to run. Honestly, 2020 is really her best and maybe even only chance. 
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2018, 11:41:18 PM »

Having listened to way too many Elizabeth Warren interviews her biggest obstacle is really going to be that she calls her father “daddy” and it’s uncomfortable.

Nonsense. It’s a proud Cherokee tradition to call one’s father “daddy”.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2018, 03:13:01 AM »
« Edited: October 01, 2018, 12:51:02 PM by Da2017 »

I'm worried about Warren,s eletablity. The native American Heritage might not seem big, if she had Obama charisma.The problem with Warren she comes off elitist to many.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2018, 08:14:29 AM »

I wonder how the corporate, neocon Republican trash that endorsed Hillary will explain not liking Warren and suddenly supporting Trump, despite Warren being another "sane, experienced" choice, and Trump still being a loon. Of course, it will be because Warren represents the people instead of corporations, but they can't say that out loud.
I'm more than willing to say it's because Warren is too liberal and Clinton was moderate enough.

I also find it hilarious that she called for America to "elect a female leader" as if the gender of the next president is the only thing that matters. I'll believe she cares about electing women when she shows us a picture of her 2008 presidential ballot which she cast for the McCain/Palin ticket.

Lastly, she can say she's "taking a hard look", but we all know she's already running.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2018, 10:33:19 AM »

I hope she doesn't run. This country does not need old and stale White women to run for President (sorry not sorry).

I supported Hillary in 2016 (I wasn't eligible to vote though) but we see how that ended up and we don't need a redo of 2016 in 2020.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2018, 11:07:36 AM »

OK, so this makes it 95% certain that she is running. Would be a really weird thing to say if she wasn't.

95% seems like an underestimate to me.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »

I hope she doesn't run. This country does not need old and stale White women to run for President (sorry not sorry).

I supported Hillary in 2016 (I wasn't eligible to vote though) but we see how that ended up and we don't need a redo of 2016 in 2020.

If Kamala Harris was an old white woman you wouldn't be saying this. You just want a corporatist neoliberal.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2018, 11:39:02 AM »

Obvious Presidential Announcement is Obvious.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2018, 11:53:10 AM »

If Kamala Harris was an old white woman you wouldn't be saying this. You just want a corporatist neoliberal.
What? Your statement is 100% false. Also, I don't know what "corporatist neoliberal" or Kamala has to do with anything. You're just another annoying far left winger.

I actually want Kamala to stay in the Senate. Also, I have said multiple times that I am not inspired by any of the prospective 2020 Democratic candidates.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2018, 12:48:49 PM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2018, 12:51:52 PM »

No one in 2020 is half as hated as Hillary was. Also, one of her big disadvantages was that she was "supposed" to win, and never got to be an underdog/outsider/change maker, which won't be the case in 2020. That doesn't mean Trump will lose, but comparisons to anyone else using her are a bad idea.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2018, 04:09:47 PM »

This country does not need old and stale White women to run for President (sorry not sorry).

This country does not need old and stale White men to run for President (sorry not sorry).

I supported Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004 (I wasn't eligible to vote though) but we see how that ended up and we don't need a redo of 2000 and 2004 in 2020.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2018, 04:48:09 PM »

This country does not need old and stale White women to run for President (sorry not sorry).

This country does not need old and stale White men to run for President (sorry not sorry).

I supported Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004 (I wasn't eligible to vote though) but we see how that ended up and we don't need a redo of 2000 and 2004 in 2020.
I agree 100% with your first statement.

I was only a little kid in 2000 and 2004. The first election I was aware about was the 2008 election.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2018, 04:50:32 PM »

As I've said many times before, I believe Trump would defeat her by double digits in the NPV in the general.
It's sad how much of this board hates women to the point of delusion.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2018, 04:54:32 PM »

It's sad how much of this board hates women to the point of delusion.

Be nice. A lot of first date failures for these lads from talking too much about Wisconsin political trends have left them feeling defeated and angry with women.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2018, 05:05:40 PM »

I agree 100% with your first statement.

I was only a little kid in 2000 and 2004. The first election I was aware about was the 2008 election.

So if you're against old and stale white men and old and stale white women, which demographic do you want to be president? A young and fresh Hispanic? Haha.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies