Democrats/liberals: What should a father's role be in a child's life?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:08:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats/liberals: What should a father's role be in a child's life?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats/liberals: What should a father's role be in a child's life?  (Read 536 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2018, 01:18:00 PM »

A lot of Democrats believe that a powerful patriarchy has caused pain, damage and social tension in America. A lot of hard core feminists in the Democratic Party and other leftwing groups believe that "all men are rapists" since the Trump Access Hollywood tape, the Women's March, the #MeToo anti-sexual harassment movement. If men are bad humans, therefore men who marry and have children become fathers. What role should fathers have in their children and their lives? We know that the mother is the most important part of the life, the nurturer and adviser. What's the role of the dad?
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 01:22:25 PM »

A lot of Democrats believe that a powerful patriarchy has caused pain, damage and social tension in America. A lot of hard core feminists in the Democratic Party and other leftwing groups believe that "all men are rapists" since the Trump Access Hollywood tape, the Women's March, the #MeToo anti-sexual harassment movement. If men are bad humans, therefore men who marry and have children become fathers. What role should fathers have in their children and their lives? We know that the mother is the most important part of the life, the nurturer and adviser. What's the role of the dad?

There is no role.  He doesn't have to exist.  Neither does a mom.  What a child needs most of all is love - and it doesn't matter if the person or people giving that to them have a vagina or a penis or neither or both.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 01:50:16 PM »

We know that the mother is the most important part of the life, the nurturer and adviser. What's the role of the dad?

Wrong. My mother is the worst person I've ever had the displeasure to know. As bad as my father was, he was the closest thing to a nurturer and adviser I had in my childhood.
ABTars2000
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 04:21:55 PM »

My father has been great. A father's role should be to take care of his family. Be loving and caring towards his children, but know how to handle problems with behavior. Teach them how to do things and just in general prepare them for life and help and support them.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 04:26:34 PM »

My father has been great. A father's role should be to take care of his family. Be loving and caring towards his children, but know how to handle problems with behavior. Teach them how to do things and just in general prepare them for life and help and support them.

Good, good.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 04:42:07 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2018, 04:10:07 PM by Associate Justice PiT »

For most fathers, support their child's physical, mental, emotional development. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 05:13:52 PM »

This

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 03:13:44 AM »

Fathers have no role in a Democratic Utopia. Everyone will be raised by two mothers.
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 03:28:24 AM »

With this controversial Kavanaugh appointment I've been studying the Supreme Court obsessively. Reading RBG's Wikipedia, I stumbled upon this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_earning/shared_parenting_marriage

It's mentioned as if it's something exotic. There's only a few examples. Another one is John Roberts to be fair. It's hard for me to imagine any other kind of partnership but apparently this is an idea that most don't adhere to, unfortunately.

When I was a kid, "no" wasn't enough. I needed to know why. And I do think knowing why is important for learning why something is wrong. But as a father, I would explain why but allow the mother to say a simple"no". My son would benefit from understanding an unquestioned no from a woman and living with that answer.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 04:58:18 AM »

kids need two parents, studies show this, right?  I'd imagine it's better to have two different styles of parenting, but I've never seen a study on that.  Dads tend to be "looser" on the rules than moms, kids like that.  I'd also imagine kids with two parents get to see, close up, how two adult people live their lives.  That's GOT to be better than one.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 10:01:08 AM »

There is no role.  He doesn't have to exist.  Neither does a mom.  What a child needs most of all is love - and it doesn't matter if the person or people giving that to them have a vagina or a penis or neither or both.

Boys still do need a male role model in their lives regardless of the gender of their parent(s). Even if that’s coming from an uncle, coach, much older brother, etc.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 10:23:44 AM »

Pretty much the same as the mother's role in a child's life. Which is to raise a child.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies