2018 Congressional Generic Ballot and House Polls Megathread - Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:38:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018 Congressional Generic Ballot and House Polls Megathread - Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 75
Author Topic: 2018 Congressional Generic Ballot and House Polls Megathread - Part 3  (Read 130603 times)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: October 07, 2018, 12:24:16 PM »

Did we really need a topic for this, much less in the General Discussion thread?

Atlas libs create threads for the slightest of polling bumps in favor of Dems. Thought I'd join the party.

Yeah, I'm a longtime lurker and I don't recall seeing individual threads for changes in the generic ballot.

But hey, generic ballot is down to D+6.6.  This means Democrats should definitely start panicking immediately!!!! 
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #876 on: October 07, 2018, 12:35:14 PM »

mods pls drone/merge with the generic ballot thread.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #877 on: October 07, 2018, 12:38:42 PM »

Not to mention that if you take out Memerson and the highly erratic Reuters/Ipsos, the average becomes D+5.5.

Take out NPR/PBS/Marist, Harvard-Harris, and Quinnipiac -- all possibly biased for the D's...and you get D+4!

I wonder if we'll get an R+something poll soon after that Kavanaugh debacle. Who knows...maybe the GCB will be something like R+1 at the end if things really break in favor for the GOP. I looked at quite a few polls from the 2016 Senate elections recently and noticed a pattern - many were accurate at predicting the percentage the Democratic candidate would get, and it didn't change much since early October. On top of that, the undecideds broke heavily for the GOP.

If you see the same pattern hold...

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2018_generic_congressional_vote-6185.html#polls

..notice how even the D favorables only have it at around 50%...that means even if they're accurate, undecideds could break massively for the GOP to the point where it's pretty much a tie --> no blue wave, no taking back the House!

And I wouldn't be surprised...people who are going to vote Democratic on November 6 have likely ALREADY decided by now. If you're still undecided after all the "we need a blue wave to put a check on Trump" propaganda, chances are you lean GOP.

Sorry guys.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #878 on: October 07, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »

Not to mention that if you take out Memerson and the highly erratic Reuters/Ipsos, the average becomes D+5.5.

Take out NPR/PBS/Marist, Harvard-Harris, and Quinnipiac -- all possibly biased for the D's...and you get D+4!

I wonder if we'll get an R+something poll soon after that Kavanaugh debacle. Who knows...maybe the GCB will be something like R+1 at the end if things really break in favor for the GOP. I looked at quite a few polls from the 2016 Senate elections recently and noticed a pattern - many were accurate at predicting the percentage the Democratic candidate would get, and it didn't change much since early October. On top of that, the undecideds broke heavily for the GOP.

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2018_generic_congressional_vote-6185.html#polls

..notice how even the D favorables only have it at around 50%...that means even if they're accurate, undecideds could break massively for the GOP to the point where it's pretty much a tie --> no blue wave, no taking back the House!

And I wouldn't be surprised...people who are going to vote Democratic on November 6 have likely ALREADY decided by now. If you're still undecided after all the "we need a blue wave to put a check on Trump" propaganda, chances are you lean GOP.

Sorry guys.

This is quite possibly the worst analysis Ive ever read on this forum.

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #879 on: October 07, 2018, 12:41:36 PM »

Time for the monthly "Dems in Disarray" moment.

Junior Chimp

« Reply #880 on: October 07, 2018, 12:45:16 PM »

Mark my words:

Any Democrat who thinks that the Dems win the House Popular Vote by 10+ Points is absolutely hyperbolic.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #881 on: October 07, 2018, 12:48:38 PM »

Sorry guys.

Have you tried #WalkingAway from a computer yet?

It is thought that Dems need to win the NPV by 7 points to retake House control. GCB currently stands at D+6.6. Don't count any chickens yet...

This post is the result of attacks on Planned Parenthood.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #882 on: October 07, 2018, 12:50:19 PM »

Sorry guys.

Dick Morris on steroids...
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #883 on: October 07, 2018, 12:51:50 PM »

How about if we delete IBD's laughable D +2 poll?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #884 on: October 07, 2018, 12:51:56 PM »

Sorry guys.

Dick Morris on steroids...

Eventually these people may realize there's a key difference in 2018 vs. 2010-2016.  But it probably won't be until November 7.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #885 on: October 07, 2018, 12:53:55 PM »

Sorry guys.

Were you here for the 2012 election?
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #886 on: October 07, 2018, 12:55:36 PM »

Well you heard NYC Millenial Minority guys, the Democrats will get blown out in November, the GOP will gain seats, and the Presidency will be Republican forever.  

Might as well just tear down Democratic party and register as Republicans.  

Yeah, you might as well join the GOP at this point.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #887 on: October 07, 2018, 12:57:11 PM »

Sorry guys.

Were you here for the 2012 election?

http://www.270towin.com/maps/2dVJW
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #888 on: October 07, 2018, 12:58:36 PM »

Well you heard NYC Millenial Minority guys, the Democrats will get blown out in November, the GOP will gain seats, and the Presidency will be Republican forever.  

Might as well just tear down Democratic party and register as Republicans.  

Yeah, you might as well join the GOP at this point.

I would but I just can't afford to be Republican yet. Maybe if I get a promotion or something, I'll be making enough.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #889 on: October 07, 2018, 01:24:55 PM »

It is very possible that the Democrats could wind the House vote by a large number but not win the House. If they get very high number in safe/likely seat they hold while gaining in some of the safe/likely seat that they Republicans have. But in the toss-up ones they don't get the support to win. (Not saying this is what will happen)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #890 on: October 07, 2018, 01:28:37 PM »

It is very possible that the Democrats could wind the House vote by a large number but not win the House. If they get very high number in safe/likely seat they hold while gaining in some of the safe/likely seat that they Republicans have. But in the toss-up ones they don't get the support to win. (Not saying this is what will happen)

Someones been on twitter.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #891 on: October 07, 2018, 01:28:55 PM »

The issue with that theory is that they don’t really have much room to go up in safe seats. Tossup seats are what get the disproportionate swings in waves, not safe holds.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #892 on: October 07, 2018, 01:32:52 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2018, 02:36:03 PM by Brittain33 »

RCP and 538 don't lie. The burden of proof is on Red Avatars to numerically prove that a decline isn't happening.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #893 on: October 07, 2018, 01:34:02 PM »

Nate Cohn laying out his doomsday scenario lol.

Anyway, he raises a good point. However, I think he is underselling the fact that the party out of power tends to over perform the district only polls.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #894 on: October 07, 2018, 01:34:49 PM »

RCP and 538 don't lie. The burden of proof is on Red Avatars to numerically prove that a collapse isn't happening.

The 2 most recent polls are D +8.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #895 on: October 07, 2018, 01:35:47 PM »

The issue with that theory is that they don’t really have much room to go up in safe seats. Tossup seats are what get the disproportionate swings in waves, not safe holds.

This may be true. Like I said, not saying it will happen. Just a thought.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #896 on: October 07, 2018, 01:36:21 PM »

jao
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #897 on: October 07, 2018, 01:36:40 PM »

Nate Cohn laying out his doomsday scenario lol.

Anyway, he raises a good point. However, I think he is underselling the fact that the party out of power tends to over perform the district only polls.

Yeah, but Kavanaugh changed the game for the GOP like I said it would. What happened to all my naysayers saying that nobody pays attention to the Supreme Court?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #898 on: October 07, 2018, 01:37:40 PM »

RCP and 538 don't lie. The burden of proof is on Red Avatars to numerically prove that a collapse isn't happening.

538 has been and still is relatively stable. RCP's average has always been very bouncy. If you look at the average on RCP, we've seen two "collapses". One in June and one in August. Both quickly recovered in less than 2 weeks.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #899 on: October 07, 2018, 01:38:19 PM »

Sorry guys.

Instead of mocking, use actual data to prove them wrong. Otherwise, the point stands. The Blue Wave is dead like I said it would.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies