The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 06:46:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170524 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1225 on: September 19, 2019, 11:13:12 PM »

Kenobi going out of his way to act like a bigoted jerk? Color Me shocked!
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1226 on: September 19, 2019, 11:24:26 PM »

^^^ That one may be an all-time contender.

God, that should be in the irony thread too since he's describing exactly what the Christian Right is doing with everyone and everything else.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1227 on: September 20, 2019, 12:09:33 AM »

I like Peebs. Can’t we all just get along?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1228 on: September 20, 2019, 01:47:34 PM »

May I present a new presidential contender: Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden (R-DE)

That alone would be a reason to root for Joe Biden to be elected president. I would like to see Stein's and random Twitter SJW's faces when Uncle Joe wins.

I'd prefer not to elect another Republican, thanks.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1229 on: September 20, 2019, 02:45:19 PM »

I’m just so glad Jeff Flake is out of the Senate now. He was probably the most annoying Senator if the past decade

He was one of the best by far
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #1230 on: September 20, 2019, 05:47:42 PM »

Exit poll and internal poll data showed that 40% of stein voters would have gone to trump if they had a gun to their head.  Stop blaming anyone except the wicked witch of Arkansas for her own demise.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1231 on: September 21, 2019, 12:48:47 PM »

The only problem for democrats in Texas is that Trump legitimately has some ground to gain in a lot of the state. I think Cruz did better than him in a majority of counties. If I had to guess, Trump gets Abbott numbers in rural areas and does 3-4 worse than Cruz in suburbs.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1232 on: September 21, 2019, 04:30:38 PM »

I have no interest in this guy. In my opinion, New Yorkers will never win a Presidential election because they are not likable. Kirsten had to drop out too. Very unlikable in my view.

Who's currently in the White House?

Trump is all over the place. I don't consider him a New Yorker like the ones who hold office there, or who want to hold office.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1233 on: September 23, 2019, 01:21:01 AM »

Every candidate's ability to craft policy is directly proportional to how many seats they have in the Senate. If Warren has 61 Senate seats to work with, we'll get universal healthcare. If Bernie has 47 Senate seats to work with, we won't. Anybody pretending it's all down to how hard they push for it or what words they use to describe their ideology has no memory of the entire Obama presidency.

Anyone claiming that Obama was a progressive leader has no memory of the entire Obama presidency.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1234 on: September 24, 2019, 12:21:41 AM »

Kinda does. It proves that you don't care about science.

No, I don't subscribe to the religion of science.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1235 on: September 24, 2019, 12:03:04 PM »

If dems go for impeachment his approval will go to 50 overnight
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1236 on: September 24, 2019, 03:31:28 PM »

May I present a new presidential contender: Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden (R-DE)

That alone would be a reason to root for Joe Biden to be elected president. I would like to see Stein's and random Twitter SJW's faces when Uncle Joe wins.

I'd prefer not to elect another Republican, thanks.

That guy's been having a special one for a few days now.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1237 on: September 24, 2019, 04:12:07 PM »

You’ve been brainwashed, dude. Open a history book for once, you will see that climate has always changed, until 12 thousand years ago the northern hemisphere was regularly covered by ices, this era is called the Pleistocene, during this era you had four separate glaciation periods, then 11.700 years ago the Pleistocene ended and with it the Ice ages periods. And all of this happened without any human activity.

While all of this is true, none of it has anything to do with the current global warming caused by humans burning fossil fuels (among other things, like industrial farming).

CLIMATE HAS ALWAYS CHANGED, that’s my point. Climate changed before humans even existed and it will continue after we will have disappeared from the Earth. We have no influence on it

Your brain on conservatism.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1238 on: September 24, 2019, 07:59:29 PM »

I didn't vote, but Dukakis, Mondale was a left-wing crazy
Left wing radical and Communist spy Walter Mondale /s
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1239 on: September 24, 2019, 09:21:09 PM »

Friendly reminder that, despite the conventional wisdom that's somehow or other materialized, the President's party has never won the Presidential election immediately following a series of impeachment proceedings.

The Republicans won in 1868.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1240 on: September 25, 2019, 07:11:00 PM »

I think it's at least 50 50 she would lose the popular vote against Trump, but she def loses the electoral college.

There is no she loses both option so this post is borderline trolling.

This is my map :

Trump/Pence 341 EV 49.3%
Warren/Castro 197 EV 48.7%
Warren is the worst candidate /s
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1241 on: September 25, 2019, 08:01:29 PM »

SJWs are the biggest threat to modern life. I would not help an SJW if they were on fire. They are not anything to me.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1242 on: September 25, 2019, 10:39:34 PM »

No more conversations on race, and no more compromise. Peaceful and voluntary separation is probably the best course at this point. Let the nationalist blacks and their white allies live together, and let the normal blacks and normal whites live together.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1243 on: September 25, 2019, 10:47:50 PM »

Friendly reminder that, despite the conventional wisdom that's somehow or other materialized, the President's party has never won the Presidential election immediately following a series of impeachment proceedings.

What's so bad about that post? Sure, it's not entirely relevant to 2019 oh, but it is factually correct. After all, I believe we're only dealing with three separate series of impeachment proceedings in all of American history.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1244 on: September 25, 2019, 10:59:42 PM »

What's so bad about that post? Sure, it's not entirely relevant to 2019 oh, but it is factually correct. After all, I believe we're only dealing with three separate series of impeachment proceedings in all of American history.

Andrew Johnson was not a Republican.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1245 on: September 26, 2019, 12:00:02 AM »

Andrew Johnson was not a Republican.

Yeah, the ignorant part is the (false) assumption that because Johnson was Lincoln's VP he was considered or considered himself a Republican, not the (true) assertion that the Republicans won the next election.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1246 on: September 26, 2019, 07:38:54 PM »

And even without time wasting clapping, the DSA achieved nothing.
Now control over a tenth of Chicago's city council, but keep spinning
6/50 isn't even a tenth, but very cool nonetheless.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1247 on: September 26, 2019, 10:31:18 PM »

Just like the trends where Clinton won Pike County, Ohio in 2016 because Romney only won it by 1 vote while losing nationally by under 4, after McCain won it by substantially more while losing nationally by over 7.

Nope; Took a hard turn to the right; 66-30 Trump.

Yes, this is a 97% White county where les than 25% of people have college degrees. That proves my point precisely

No, it proves that trends from cycle A to cycle B and from cycle B to cycle C are nothing more than sets of random independent variables, if not slightly negatively correlated.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1248 on: September 28, 2019, 09:49:16 AM »

I'll never understand why anyone who has the means to do otherwise would want to live in a city. Urban environments are suffocating tar pits which require incredible amounts of work to claw out of. I live in one now (because I have no other choice), and it's just the worst. Driving and parking are nightmares and taking public transportation is incredibly limiting, stressful, and unpredictable. Everything is tiny, cramped, and claustrophobic. You can't see half the sky most of the time. There's constant noise, whether it's sirens, helicopters, people yelling, or macho jerks gunning their cars down the boulevard. Nothing is designed for families. Everything smells. Everyone's stressed and angry all the time. Plus cost of living is so high, doing 90% of the things people claim they love to do in the city is just not feasible.

I can't move to the suburbs fast enough.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #1249 on: September 28, 2019, 09:57:18 AM »

I'll never understand why anyone who has the means to do otherwise would want to live in a city. Urban environments are suffocating tar pits which require incredible amounts of work to claw out of. I live in one now (because I have no other choice), and it's just the worst. Driving and parking are nightmares and taking public transportation is incredibly limiting, stressful, and unpredictable. Everything is tiny, cramped, and claustrophobic. You can't see half the sky most of the time. There's constant noise, whether it's sirens, helicopters, people yelling, or macho jerks gunning their cars down the boulevard. Nothing is designed for families. Everything smells. Everyone's stressed and angry all the time. Plus cost of living is so high, doing 90% of the things people claim they love to do in the city is just not feasible.

I can't move to the suburbs fast enough.
the simple truths thread is that way
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies