The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:09:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 171998 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: May 01, 2019, 12:34:08 AM »

Mass genocide of rural/suburban whites in California, Illinois, New York, and Massachusetts. Ridiculous even to imagine, though-- this won't happen until 2022, maybe even 2024 at the latest.

Well, we now have white genocide truthers on here.

Any bets as to how many days it takes for this to become a mainstream position on the Atlas Right? I'm going to put my first guess at five.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #776 on: May 01, 2019, 12:37:04 AM »

Can people please only use this thread for it's intended purpose? About two entries on this very long page qualify for this already banal thread
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #777 on: May 01, 2019, 12:41:57 AM »

Greatest I Am always had Regards for everyone

Greatest I Am was an annoying poster on the religious thread, who attacked people, who disagreed with him

I swear you are the densest person EVER.

(And honestly Ernest's joke was pretty good.)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #778 on: May 01, 2019, 12:52:04 AM »

Can people please only use this thread for it's intended purpose? About two entries on this very long page qualify for this already banal thread

I'm sorry, but it is definitely absurd to claim that mass genocide of white people in blue states "will happen by 2024 at the latest".
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #779 on: May 01, 2019, 09:05:49 AM »

46-47%, and that’s if he’s winning the presidency by a very convincing margin, both in the PV and the EC. He’s not winning [Iowa] in the GE, period.

Thanks for posting directly in the thread Smiley.Politician's post is absurd and ignorant for not realizing that IA is Likely R and only winnable on a depression
Reaganfan Democrat
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #780 on: May 01, 2019, 09:12:34 AM »

Anyone who voted for Roy Moore, Corey Stewart, or Rick Scott in 2017 or 2018.

Rick Scott, seriously, comparing him to the other two is just wrong

It's like me saying anyone who voted for Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, or Jon Tester in 2018 is bad

Indeed, Rick Scott is far worse.

>Saying Rick Scott is worse than a theocratic pedophile, a neo-Confederate, or an anti-Semite
Roll Eyes

That is how bad he is, yes.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #781 on: May 01, 2019, 12:40:18 PM »

Biden has it locked up. The nomination, I mean. He'll lose the general election.

Low effort concern trolling is low effort.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #782 on: May 01, 2019, 12:42:45 PM »

It's like me saying anyone who voted for Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, or Jon Tester in 2018 is bad

>Saying Rick Scott is worse than a theocratic pedophile, a neo-Confederate, or an anti-Semite
Roll Eyes

You also said he’s worse than ISIS , that’s ridiculous
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #783 on: May 01, 2019, 12:58:42 PM »

Roll Eyes

You also said he’s worse than ISIS , that’s ridiculous

There are many fine people who got caught up in ISIS including many great Americans. Teenagers will err away from their natural desire for goodness now and then due to idealist propaganda and the desire to be something Great. That is more understandable than a old greedy super millionaire illegally scamming his way to even greater wealth.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #784 on: May 01, 2019, 02:04:35 PM »

Mass genocide of rural/suburban whites in California, Illinois, New York, and Massachusetts. Ridiculous even to imagine, though-- this won't happen until 2022, maybe even 2024 at the latest.

Well, we now have white genocide truthers on here.

Any bets as to how many days it takes for this to become a mainstream position on the Atlas Right? I'm going to put my first guess at five.

Not to defend him, but it seems to me that he was saying a Democrat winning the PV by 10 million votes while losing the electoral college wouldn't happen until 2022 or 2024, not that muh white genocide wouldn't happen until then.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #785 on: May 01, 2019, 03:01:33 PM »

Seems the Venezuelan people may have at least temporarily defeated the Randian enemies of humanity.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #786 on: May 01, 2019, 09:22:07 PM »

what evidence is there that Guaidó is a puppet of someone like Bolton?  He seems to have become active in 2007, do you think Bolton was puppeting him then, or maybe the Obama administration started the puppet?  Or did it start later?  What's the puppet strings?  money? does Bolton have Guaidó's wife in a basement somewhere?  "promises" of support?  Is this just a "gut" thing for you?

Remember many posters on the far left prefer Castro to Reagan

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=253475.0

Along with Bernie as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phTKpMh5jQI

Anyone who cares about humanity prefers Castro to Reagan.
Biden Stans Are Cringelords
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #787 on: May 01, 2019, 09:23:55 PM »

what evidence is there that Guaidó is a puppet of someone like Bolton?  He seems to have become active in 2007, do you think Bolton was puppeting him then, or maybe the Obama administration started the puppet?  Or did it start later?  What's the puppet strings?  money? does Bolton have Guaidó's wife in a basement somewhere?  "promises" of support?  Is this just a "gut" thing for you?

I forgot to mention Thatcher. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #788 on: May 01, 2019, 09:32:50 PM »

I forgot to mention Thatcher. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Thanks for posting directly into the thread
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #789 on: May 02, 2019, 06:40:41 AM »

This isn't the simple truths thread.

Thanks for posting directly in the thread Smiley
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #790 on: May 03, 2019, 12:18:27 AM »

If our political system was sane, your average Republican would be like Biden and your average Democrat would be like Sanders or AOC.

Lmao. What country in the world is your model of a “sane” political system? One that represents less than a tenth of a percentage of the world’s population?

Basically every European country, actually.

LMAO just LMAO

So you think Margaret Thatcher, David Cameron and Thersa May are similar politically to Joe Biden.

Cameron and May, yes.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #791 on: May 03, 2019, 11:59:33 AM »

Old School Republican, I think you're just taking posts you disagree with and putting them in here to express how much you disagree with them
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #792 on: May 03, 2019, 12:05:02 PM »

Old School Republican, I think you're just taking posts you disagree with and putting them in here to express how much you disagree with them

Um no those are 100% absurd especially the one about Castro .

Saying David Cameron a guy who implemented austerity, is similar to Biden politically is absurd
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #793 on: May 03, 2019, 05:29:33 PM »

I wouldn't consider Bullock a top Democratic candidate.

Biden I think would pick up MI and PA from 2016 but still fall short. 270-268 Trump.

Booker I think would do worse than Clinton. Trump picks up NV and MN from 2016 and wins 322-216.

Buttigieg I think wins 303-235, Take 2012 and give Trump FL.

Harris I think would win MI but Trump retains everything else he won in 2016 for a 290-248 victory.

Klobuchar I think would pick up IA, NE-02 WI and MI from 2016 while Trump picks up NH for a 277-261 win.

O'Rourke I think would win 318-220 by winning AZ, FL, WI, MI and PA.

Sanders I think would win 304-234 Take 2012 and give NE-02 to Sanders and FL to Trump.

Warren I think would be the worst candidate Democrats can run out of the big ones. I think Trump would add NV, VA, NH and MN for a 339-199 win.

Thinking that VA, IA, and OH, are swing States in today's age Roll Eyes
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #794 on: May 03, 2019, 10:18:20 PM »

Joe Biden - His past opposition to busing

Pete Buttigieg - He took a meeting with Al Sharpton

Kamala Harris - I get the distinct sense that she has no genuine ideological beliefs and will say anything to get a vote, even compared to the average Presidential candidate

Beto O'Rourke - What little I've seen about his foreign policy views has been very troubling

Elizabeth Warren - The whole DNA test thing showed horrible judgement

Bernie Sanders - He's been actively pandering to many of the worst people and groups within the Democratic Party (aside from the corporatists and the anti-vaxxers whom he admittedly doesn't pander to) such as the anti-Semitic left, the "teh Evulz neo-LIEburals framed Trump and Putin" crowd, the misogynists within the Democratic Party, whacktivists who care more about personality cults than they do about policy, the isolationists, and people who believe we should throw minorities under the bus because talking about social issues might upset Trump's base.  There's admittedly a lot to like about Sanders...which makes all the really bad stuff about him that much more disappointing (and frustrating).

Cory Booker: His egomania really gets on my nerves.  

I'm not a fan of Joe anymore due to recent comments, but are you really gonna damn a guy for votes he made almost 50 years ago - literally a lifetime ago?

I mean, Jimmy Carter made a deal with the devil when running for Governor and pandered to racists. We know Jimmy Carter wasn't himself a racist. Sometimes you gotta make a deal with the devil to get a just end. And again, Joe's comments were longer ago than most of the people on this board have been alive.

And sometimes when you shake hands with the devil, you end up on the wrong side of history.  Joe Biden had a chance to be a leader and instead he threw African-Americans under the bus, so to speak, because he felt he needed racists votes more, so spare me the lecture.

I've never bought into the "wrong side of history" argument. Joe Biden did what he had to to be elected, same with any politician. You don't damn someone for a mistake they made a lifetime ago.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #795 on: May 03, 2019, 10:22:19 PM »

Kamala Harris - I get the distinct sense that she has no genuine ideological beliefs and will say anything to get a vote, even compared to the average Presidential candidate

Beto O'Rourke - What little I've seen about his foreign policy views has been very troubling

Bernie Sanders - He's been actively pandering to many of the worst people and groups within the Democratic Party (aside from the corporatists and the anti-vaxxers whom he admittedly doesn't pander to) such as the anti-Semitic left, the "teh Evulz neo-LIEburals framed Trump and Putin" crowd, the misogynists within the Democratic Party, whacktivists who care more about personality cults than they do about policy, the isolationists, and people who believe we should throw minorities under the bus because talking about social issues might upset Trump's base.  There's admittedly a lot to like about Sanders...which makes all the really bad stuff about him that much more disappointing (and frustrating).

I'm not a fan of Joe anymore due to recent comments, but are you really gonna damn a guy for votes he made almost 50 years ago - literally a lifetime ago?

I mean, Jimmy Carter made a deal with the devil when running for Governor and pandered to racists. We know Jimmy Carter wasn't himself a racist. Sometimes you gotta make a deal with the devil to get a just end. And again, Joe's comments were longer ago than most of the people on this board have been alive.

And sometimes when you shake hands with the devil, you end up on the wrong side of history.  Joe Biden had a chance to be a leader and instead he threw African-Americans under the bus, so to speak, because he felt he needed racists votes more, so spare me the lecture.

I've never bought into the "wrong side of history" argument. Joe Biden did what he had to to be elected, same with any politician. You don't damn someone for a mistake they made a lifetime ago.

How is this absurd and ignorant, busing was not particularly popular among the general public, and it would be political suicide for a southern politician to support it. If Biden was from New York or California or Illinois, this is a much more valid argument. But for this argument of votes 50 years ago, Robert Byrd was literally a Klansman in his past, yet Democrats are overjoyed that he provided the crucial 60th vote on Obamacare, remove him, and there is no Obamacare. So, this is not really absurd and ignorant.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #796 on: May 03, 2019, 10:25:26 PM »

How is this absurd and ignorant, busing was not particularly popular among the general public, and it would be political suicide for a southern politician to support it. If Biden was from New York or California or Illinois, this is a much more valid argument. But for this argument of votes 50 years ago, Robert Byrd was literally a Klansman in his past, yet Democrats are overjoyed that he provided the crucial 60th vote on Obamacare, remove him, and there is no Obamacare. So, this is not really absurd and ignorant.

The idea that people running for the highest office in the land should automatically given a pass for doing horrible things just because they happened a long time ago is absurd and ignorant.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #797 on: May 04, 2019, 10:59:40 AM »

The idea that people running for the highest office in the land should automatically given a pass for doing horrible things just because they happened a long time ago is absurd and ignorant.

Biden's record on busing isn't a "horrible" thing.  The massive busing to achieve court-prescribed racial balances was a poor policy to which there were many legitimate objections to. 

Joe Biden was elected at age 29 in 1972 as one of a wave of anti-Vietnam War liberals that were elected, even as McGovern was being trounced.  The idea that he was a segregationist or a conservative Dixiecrat type is silly beyond words. 

As for Anita Hill:  Not everyone believes she's honest, and people who come out of nowhere to torpedo nominations should be received with appropriate skepticism. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #798 on: May 04, 2019, 01:02:55 PM »

And sometimes when you shake hands with the devil, you end up on the wrong side of history.  Joe Biden had a chance to be a leader and instead he threw African-Americans under the bus, so to speak, because he felt he needed racists votes more, so spare me the lecture.

Biden's record on busing isn't a "horrible" thing.  The massive busing to achieve court-prescribed racial balances was a poor policy to which there were many legitimate objections to.  

Joe Biden was elected at age 29 in 1972 as one of a wave of anti-Vietnam War liberals that were elected, even as McGovern was being trounced.  The idea that he was a segregationist or a conservative Dixiecrat type is silly beyond words.  

As for Anita Hill:  Not everyone believes she's honest, and people who come out of nowhere to torpedo nominations should be received with appropriate skepticism.  

- I don’t think Biden personally has a racist bone in his body, but I think he’s proven quite willing to pander to them in the past when it suited him...which is even worse than if he were a true believer.  Is what Biden did in-and-of-itself an automatic deal breaker?  No, but it does give me very serious pause and it’s the thing I personally like least about him.  And he said some stuff that I have a real problem with such as when he called state-mandated school integration “[T]he most racist concept you can come up with” and when he said about busing “And I’ll be damned if I feel responsible to pay for what happened 300 years ago.”  

- It’s demonstrably false that Biden couldn’t have won if he supported busing.  How do I know?  Because he ran as a pro-busing candidate when he first got elected to the Senate, upsetting the incumbent.  It was only once he was in the Senate and truly realized just how unpopular busing was among white voters that he flip-flopped on the issue.  That’s not leadership, it’s cowardice and I expect better from someone running for the highest office in the land.  And while there are legitimate criticisms that can be made regarding busing, the vast majority of the opposition was simply because racist whites didn’t want their kids going to school with African-American kids.

- My interpretation of Higgins’ post was that he was saying if someone did something bad in the 70s then we should automatically give them a pass on it today, regardless of what they did.  I find that idea kinda absurd when we’re talking about people running for President.  Does that mean we shouldn’t consider the person’s overall record?  Of course not, but things don’t cease to be relevant criticisms of Presidential candidates just because they happened a long time ago.  That’s why I put Higgins’ post in this thread.

- I’m not really sure what Anita Hill has to do with this subject Tongue
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #799 on: May 04, 2019, 01:04:22 PM »

And sometimes when you shake hands with the devil, you end up on the wrong side of history.  Joe Biden had a chance to be a leader and instead he threw African-Americans under the bus, so to speak, because he felt he needed racists votes more, so spare me the lecture.

Biden's record on busing isn't a "horrible" thing.  The massive busing to achieve court-prescribed racial balances was a poor policy to which there were many legitimate objections to.  

Joe Biden was elected at age 29 in 1972 as one of a wave of anti-Vietnam War liberals that were elected, even as McGovern was being trounced.  The idea that he was a segregationist or a conservative Dixiecrat type is silly beyond words.  

As for Anita Hill:  Not everyone believes she's honest, and people who come out of nowhere to torpedo nominations should be received with appropriate skepticism.  

- I don’t think Biden personally has a racist bone in his body, but I think he’s proven quite willing to pander to them in the past when it suited him...which is even worse than if he were a true believer.  Is what Biden did in-and-of-itself an automatic deal breaker?  No, but it does give me very serious pause and it’s the thing I personally like least about him.  And he said some stuff that I have a real problem with such as when he called state-mandated school desegregation “[T]he most racist concept you can come up with” and when he said about busing “And I’ll be damned if I feel responsible to pay for what happened 300 years ago.”  

- It’s demonstrably false that Biden couldn’t have won if he supported busing.  How do I know?  Because he ran as a pro-busing candidate when he first got elected to the Senate, upsetting the incumbent.  It was only once he was in the Senate and truly realized just how unpopular busing was among white voters that he flip-flopped on the issue.  That’s not leadership, it’s cowardice and I expect better from someone running for the highest office in the land.  And while there are legitimate criticisms that can be made regarding busing, the vast majority of the opposition was simply because racist whites didn’t want their kids going to school with African-American kids.

- My interpretation of Higgins’ post was that he was saying if someone did something bad in the 70s then we should automatically give them a pass on it today, regardless of what they did.  I find that idea kinda absurd when we’re talking about people running for President.  Does that mean we shouldn’t consider the person’s overall record?  Of course not, but things don’t cease to be relevant criticisms of Presidential candidates just because they happened a long time ago.  That’s why I put Higgins’ post in this thread.

- I’m not really sure what Anita Hill has to do with this subject Tongue

Anita Hill is one of the issues that makes Biden an HP in the eyes of some liberals here.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies