The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:27:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170201 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2018, 10:09:45 PM »

Anything is a slur if you have an inferiority complex. (Have you ever heard of a white person being offended about being called a "cracker"?)

Do you consider the n-word a slur?

As I said, anything is a slur if you have an inferiority complex.

TIL words do not derive meaning from their users as well as from what they describe.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2018, 12:46:25 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2018, 06:16:10 PM »

Will be forgotten about within a year.

Sure, but its more for the election in a couple weeks.

Kudos: this post legitimately made me laugh. Do you really think this meme will have any effect on the midterms either way? I'd be surprised if 90% of the Republican base even know what an NPC is with or without the context of it being a meme. Like 90% of all Online Political Content, it's just performative stuff: preaching to the already converted for the sake of maintaining a circlejerk.

Did the Pepe meme and others have an effect on getting Trump elected? Many people think so.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2018, 06:35:20 PM »

Even if this turns not to be true, Booker should take the high road and resign.

There's just too much risk for Democrats on the slight chance that it is true.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2018, 07:05:06 PM »

Reminder that Atlas thinks Democrats should try to pander to rural racist "populist" Steve King voters, preferably while throwing their own base under the bus in the process. Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2018, 10:08:15 PM »

Ronald Reagan easily (The President  who ushered in the golden age of America , 1983-2001)
LOL, this is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen.

1983-2001 America>1946-1963 American any day
So the era when the middle class was the strongest was inferior to the era where the 1% just got richer?
Quality of life today is objectively better than it used to be for the vast majority of America.
You genuinely believe the average middle class American was better off in the mid-twentieth century? Just because the 1% is way better off now doesn't mean everyone else isn't also better off.

Yes. Emphatically. On literally almost every measurable scale.

Each household had only one car , had smaller houses as well and tech was less accessible then

My post may have been unclear. I I completely agree that families were better off in the mid 20th century

you think thats better

Post Civil Rights Act, absolutely. I suppose this is part of your ongoing Reagan worship where you eat families turning into dual income households with less ability to reer children closely that you disagree? The 1% are doing better so stagnant middle-class individual income means so little?

Shame Shame Shame.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2018, 10:20:32 PM »

Context (this is such a horrible post on so many different levels):

I honestly can't believe people buy the Ford accusations. It was the biggest gaslighting effort in ages and completely insincere, only aimed at partisan goals: slowing down the process in order to make sure Democrats win back the Senate before Kavanaugh could be confirmed. Casting doubt and creating smokescreens for no real reason other than pure partisanship. And it is Democrats who should be ashamed of this, not Republicans. Just like Republicans should be ashamed of not organizing hearings for Merrick Garland.

No, I don't view a testimony as "evidence" in itself, polygraphs are not very reliable, there are holes in Ford's testimony, I don't think Kavanaugh liking beer is a problem, I also don't think Kavanaugh downplaying him liking beer during what is essentially a job interview is a problem, and obviously one can find enough people seconding your story once a SCOTUS nominee of a party disliked in your social circles can be taken down.

I don't know anything about the accusations by people other than Ford, and am not particularly interested in learning more about them. They should have gone to court before if they had a problem with him. End of the story.

I hope thats why they did it but then again....whats wrong with that? Surely the party of phony investigations and dirty tricks like Benghazi, emails, death panels, phony IRS targeting Conservatives, Obama born in Kenya, etc... doesn't have a problem with their own behavior and tactics being used against them? It seem like you guys love to dish it out but cant take it back. Hopefully there are many more Kavanaugh investigations in the future.

They go low, we go "Hey! He brought a club to this fist fi... ( now why am I floating above my body watching myself being curb-stomped?)"

"Oh well, got out done by the right-wing again. I suppose Brett Kavanaugh won't be TOO bad for the next 30 years of the Supreme Court. But I'm sure we'll get them next time!"

"Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya....."
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2018, 10:24:20 PM »

Pitbull owners should be ashamed of themselves and the entire breeds should be either euthanized or bred out, or a combo of both.

Genocide for dogs, basically.

They are not humans, so I can say that.
"Not really human" is a classic defense for murdering marginalized groups of people.

Um, except in this case Bagels quite explicitly talking about literal dogs.

Don't get me wrong. I disagree with bagel on this. But let's not go drawing comparisons to the Final Solution. It just weakens the argument and makes Bagel sound like the rational one here.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2018, 10:25:49 PM »

I've come a realization, the right is about jokes and having fun and the left is all about being super serious.  No wonder there is no agreement or middle ground.

I mean, look at Kavanaugh.  Hey, he's beer-drinkin' party guy! Can't have that in the SCOTUS.

All the left has to offer is that schoolmarm from Harry Potter, but only if she made claims that she was sexually assaulted to excuse her being the authoritarian she is.
I mean, he has a point. You’re one of the most frigid leftists I’ve ever encountered. Even Evergreen had a fun side, even if it revolves around dark and probably sexualized fantasies of violence.

Oh sweet baby Jesus.....

Like most post for Sanchez starts out saying " I mean, he has a point.", I knew this was going to turn out poorly.

And I was right.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2018, 12:31:23 AM »

...Another dog eugenics proponent, just what Atlas needs.

Pitbull owners should be ashamed of themselves and the entire breeds should be be either euthanized or bred out, or a combo of both.

Completely agreed. Most pitbull owners don't understand the real danger of their breed, as they have a tendency to unpredictably attack children. 9/10 in the aftermath of a pitbull attack, the pitbull owner will claim (sometimes truthfully) that their dog was the sweetest ever and never displayed any aggression before.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2018, 05:29:48 PM »

If he was smarter, he'd bring up Berta Cáceres and blame Hillary for destablizing Honduras.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2018, 11:48:23 PM »

Why does this thread even exist? It's obvious Kamala Harris will be the nominee. Who you want as the nominee is irrelevant.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2018, 07:42:26 PM »

For as long as Kavanaugh remains on the Court, the entire court must be considered illegitimate. Passing retroactive legislation setting a 1 year term length for SCOTUS members in 2021 to clear the entire bench, and then immediately repealing it and appointing 9 new members must be done if Kavanaugh is still on the court at that point if we are to restore the legitimacy of the court.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2018, 03:56:47 PM »

We should steal Danny's money and give it to Wallace who actually has a chance.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2018, 06:52:39 AM »

Polling indicates that Hugin did better in the debate than Menendez. Almost 60% of respondents on NJ.com's post-debate poll said Hugin won the debate, while 30% said Menendez won. 522 respondents so far.

Source.

Same story on InsiderNJ. Narrower margin, but 57% of respondents said Hugin won compared to 43% for Menendez. Roughly 6,300 respondents.

Source.

Worth noting both of these websites have a pretty left lean. InsiderNJ is cluttered with Menendez ads.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2018, 09:58:25 AM »

Polling indicates that Hugin did better in the debate than Menendez. Almost 60% of respondents on NJ.com's post-debate poll said Hugin won the debate, while 30% said Menendez won. 522 respondents so far.

Source.

Same story on InsiderNJ. Narrower margin, but 57% of respondents said Hugin won compared to 43% for Menendez. Roughly 6,300 respondents.

Source.

Worth noting both of these websites have a pretty left lean. InsiderNJ is cluttered with Menendez ads.
Pot calling the kettle black.

The foot-fetishizing Bernout is upset that the pedo Senator is on shaky ground in a state that went for Clinton by 14 points in 2016 and Obama by 18 points in 2012.

Another thing, I don't see a single thing "absurd" with what I said. I was regurgitating information (something that you clearly don't understand).
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #191 on: October 26, 2018, 10:35:23 AM »

Take one look at any ghetto/struggling rural area in the US and you'll see why abortion is much needed.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2018, 12:20:29 PM »

Source.

Source.

The foot-fetishizing Bernout is upset that the pedo Senator is on shaky ground in a state that went for Clinton by 14 points in 2016 and Obama by 18 points in 2012.

Another thing, I don't see a single thing "absurd" with what I said. I was regurgitating information (something that you clearly don't understand).

You were citing unscientific online polls anyone can vote in. Including non-NJ residents, or even non-US citizens.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2018, 01:56:50 PM »

Source.

Source.

You were citing unscientific online polls anyone can vote in. Including non-NJ residents, or even non-US citizens.
Who won the debate, not necessarily who you're voting for. Work on reading comprehension, alright? Smiley
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2018, 02:17:30 PM »

No I'm aware if that. Doesn't change that they are worthless unscientific polls. I voted in them despite not watching the debate.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2018, 02:25:24 PM »

I voted no. The republicans will narrowly hold on to the house by around 5-10 seats. You'll all look foolish after the election. Mark my words.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2018, 02:28:24 PM »

I voted no. The republicans will narrowly hold on to the house by around 5-10 seats. You'll all look foolish after the election. Mark my words.

How is that any worse than what you see in the Wisconsin threads with the terrifying overconfidence about Walker's downfall?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2018, 02:46:45 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2018, 03:48:28 PM by TexasGurl »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Margaret Sanger said much the same, and wanted to exterminate human weeds like the above. It's clear that the mentality hasn't changed in the slightest.
Well, someone should have listened to her.

Rename it, I say.  Supporting eugenics is worse than the dumb *** Wulfric says.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2018, 03:29:37 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Margaret Sanger said much the same, and wanted to exterminate human weeds like the above. It's clear that the mentality hasn't changed in the slightest.
Well, someone should have listened to her.

Rename it, I say.  Supporting eugenics is worse than the dumb ass shlt Wulfric says.

The previous thread was named after hofoid.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2018, 03:43:38 PM »

yeah wulfric really doesn't deserve to have this thing named after him
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies