The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:41:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170203 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 21, 2019, 04:13:04 PM »

You can't be "bigoted" against an organization. It's also not bigotry to oppose the Republican Party, Democratic Party, Southern Baptist Convention, NARAL, the NRA, etc.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #401 on: January 21, 2019, 04:57:03 PM »

You can't be "bigoted" against an organization. It's also not bigotry to oppose the Republican Party, Democratic Party, Southern Baptist Convention, NARAL, the NRA, etc.

So you're going to excuse the poster writing "main contributions"?  It's pretty evident that the poster's opinions extend beyond the Church itself.  Point #1 is evidence of that, as the poster portrays pro-life Catholics, who cite faith as their reasons for opposing abortions, as purposefully making women suffer.  Point #3 claims that the Catholic Church and, therefore, Catholics actively seek to establish schools that promote racism, a gross and disgusting claim to make. 

You can oppose the ideals of an organization, yes (though it's laughable that you included four non-religious or non-ethnic-based organizations up there to make your point), but when you claim that the Roman Catholic Church has only primarily done three terrible things in America, you are, in essence, tying the faith to those who practice it and are accusing all of those who follow the Church of carrying out these things or supporting them (two of which, Points #1 and #3, are not accurate and blatant attempts to call Catholics abusers of women and promoters of racism).

Please do not support absolute trash and bigotry like that post's content and then attempt to defend it by saying "But he was only attacking the institution, not the people!!!"  Furthermore, the fact that you agree with his post in its entirety, that the MAIN CONTRIBUTIONS of the Church are those three points, even if you are only referring to the Church, is certainly telling.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #402 on: January 21, 2019, 05:38:13 PM »

So you're going to excuse the poster writing "main contributions"?  It's pretty evident that the poster's opinions extend beyond the Church itself.  Point #1 is evidence of that, as the poster portrays pro-life Catholics, who cite faith as their reasons for opposing abortions, as purposefully making women suffer.  Point #3 claims that the Catholic Church and, therefore, Catholics actively seek to establish schools that promote racism, a gross and disgusting claim to make. 

You can oppose the ideals of an organization, yes (though it's laughable that you included four non-religious or non-ethnic-based organizations up there to make your point), but when you claim that the Roman Catholic Church has only primarily done three terrible things in America, you are, in essence, tying the faith to those who practice it and are accusing all of those who follow the Church of carrying out these things or supporting them (two of which, Points #1 and #3, are not accurate and blatant attempts to call Catholics abusers of women and promoters of racism).

Please do not support absolute trash and bigotry like that post's content and then attempt to defend it by saying "But he was only attacking the institution, not the people!!!"  Furthermore, the fact that you agree with his post in its entirety, that the MAIN CONTRIBUTIONS of the Church are those three points, even if you are only referring to the Church, is certainly telling.

BRTD has always publicly hated Catholics, you see. He has revealed nothing that he didn't first reveal more than a decade ago when hating on every Catholic nation.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #403 on: January 21, 2019, 06:18:07 PM »

BRTD has always publicly hated Catholics, you see. He has revealed nothing that he didn't first reveal more than a decade ago when hating on every Catholic nation.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #404 on: January 21, 2019, 06:33:13 PM »

But he has.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #405 on: January 21, 2019, 06:44:14 PM »

Ireland and Croatia != "every Catholic nation"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #406 on: January 22, 2019, 03:03:45 AM »

Anyway let me just say that even despite its horrendous social conservative I still probably wouldn't have half the problems with Catholicism if it was respecting of peoples' wishes, personal choices and freedom.

Someone doesn't agree with Catholicism and doesn't want to be Catholic anymore? Then they're not Catholic anymore. The Catholic Church wants to believe that means they'll burn in Hell forever? Fine, they have a right to believe that. But that person also has a right to not be in any attached to a label they don't want.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #407 on: January 22, 2019, 05:36:04 AM »

IndyTex also admires Elliot Rodgers lol.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #408 on: January 22, 2019, 07:48:26 AM »

But the government shouldn't be in the buisness of building housing. It's expensive and it blights cities. The only reason houses are expensive is because developers can't build the mlikns of unites of housing the market demands. Liberalize zoning, and every city in the country would have one bedroom apartments at below $1,000 per month. For the few people who can't afford that, we can turn to solutions like tax credits.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #409 on: January 22, 2019, 09:14:48 AM »

But the government shouldn't be in the buisness of building housing. It's expensive and it blights cities. The only reason houses are expensive is because developers can't build the mlikns of unites of housing the market demands. Liberalize zoning, and every city in the country would have one bedroom apartments at below $1,000 per month. For the few people who can't afford that, we can turn to solutions like tax credits.

Holy sh!t...
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #410 on: January 22, 2019, 10:57:52 AM »

The most revealing part is that Blairite thinks everybody should live in a one bedroom flat. I mean, I (and I assume Blairite)) wouldn't because I'm a childless young adult, but has he considered that a lot of people, um, plan to procreate?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #411 on: January 22, 2019, 12:48:54 PM »

The most revealing part is that Blairite thinks everybody should live in a one bedroom flat. I mean, I (and I assume Blairite)) wouldn't because I'm a childless young adult, but has he considered that a lot of people, um, plan to procreate?

Procreation is never part of the plan for these types.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #412 on: January 22, 2019, 05:33:41 PM »

The sound you hear is all these WWC voters being relieved from their economic anxiety.
Deleted User #4049
MT2030
United States
« Reply #413 on: January 22, 2019, 07:38:41 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2019, 07:42:23 PM by Future President Ron DeSantis »

This idea that everyone should live in a few huge, cramped, high-density cities is just utter madness anyway.

The basic gist of it is that yuppies, who have a disproportionate impact on this whole mess, think that everyone else wants to live the way yuppies live.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #414 on: January 23, 2019, 12:12:55 AM »

I've just discovered these two posters' entire contributions to the forum distilled into one sentence each within the same quote chain:

it's amazing how the Democratic and Republican bases have become so divided over this incident.

I am grateful for President Trump weighing in on this.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #415 on: January 23, 2019, 12:16:13 AM »

I've just discovered these two posters' entire contributions to the forum distilled into one sentence each within the same quote chain:

it's amazing how the Democratic and Republican bases have become so divided over this incident.

Whenever you put one of my posts here, I am ever more convinced that I am on the right track.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #416 on: January 23, 2019, 02:02:54 AM »

Whenever you put one of my posts here, I am ever more convinced that I am on the right track.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #417 on: January 23, 2019, 11:36:10 AM »

Let’s not ignore who put such poisonous ideas in these children’s heads. After all, would one have found Catholic boys saying these things a hundred years? Perish the thought! But the liberals’ cherished sexual revolution has infected these children’s minds (as it has infected so much else in our once great civilization), and now those same liberals have the arrogance to blame these boys for being victims of social decay. Sad! What else can one say?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #418 on: January 23, 2019, 12:53:09 PM »

Lean D. 2016 was the last time it [St. Louis County] voted more Democratic than the nation for a while.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #419 on: January 23, 2019, 05:42:32 PM »

Can we just put the entire posting history of Jeffster here and leave it at that?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #420 on: January 23, 2019, 05:45:24 PM »

Actually if Hillary were President, Maduro would be dead already.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #421 on: January 23, 2019, 07:47:52 PM »

What was wrong with this post? I would have assumed you actually would agree. Huh
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #422 on: January 23, 2019, 07:49:25 PM »

Can we just put the entire posting history of Jeffster here and leave it at that?

This. And Hollywood.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #423 on: January 23, 2019, 08:10:05 PM »

What was wrong with this post? I would have assumed you actually would agree. Huh

"Economic anxiety" is a long dead horse, was basically a strawman in the first place (virtually all unironic use of it was referring to Obama/Trump voters, not white nationalists or Naso-esque assorted bigots or Steve King's base, it wasn't exactly a very accurate description but had a completely different meaning than those who mocked it) and frankly was a silly thing to keep bashing and beating to death to begin with (OMG, some moron used a stupid phrase in a NY Times article 18 months ago! Who gives a sh!t?)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #424 on: January 23, 2019, 08:15:58 PM »

Like you've never beat a dead horse before.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies