OH NBC/Marist: Brown +13 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:56:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  OH NBC/Marist: Brown +13 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH NBC/Marist: Brown +13  (Read 2111 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 27, 2018, 09:06:12 AM »

Ohio has had solid R majorities in its legislatures since the 80s (40 years?). In that time, there have been two Democratic governors, one being Ted Strickland who defeated incumbent Bob Taft and his 5% approval rating (and that was also 2006). The last time Democrats held a trifecta there was 1982-1984. Ohio is a Solid R state which sometimes votes Democrats as president.

I'm not at all optimistic on Cordray's chances. Kasich is adored in Ohio. Likely R.

EDIT: I'm not talking about Brown lol, he's safe. I'm replying to the people talking about Cordray.

That is an accurate on several grounds. First and foremost you are ignoring John Lennon and Sherrod Brown winning Statewide races repeatedly over the course of decades. Secondly, the Ohio Democratic party's biggest weaknesses in group tutorial elections has largely been either running in Republican wave years and / or a bad slate of Statewide candidates. Neither is the case this year. Thirdly, I have no idea where you get the idea that Dwayne is beloved in Ohio. Don't forget this is the guy who lost his Senate reelection, albeit in a democratic may go wave here, buy a dozen points to Sherrod Brown in 2006, and required a republican tsunami wave a year to defeat corduroys reelection by barely 1%. It would be far more accurate to say he is tolerated rather than beloved.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies