I'm bored. Time to lay out every album by my favorite band, Muse.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:20:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  I'm bored. Time to lay out every album by my favorite band, Muse.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm bored. Time to lay out every album by my favorite band, Muse.  (Read 300 times)
pops
katman46

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: 4.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2018, 10:54:36 PM »

Shoo. This is my interpretation and in no way is it intended to be 100% correct.

Showbiz (1999)

"Come waste your millions here, secretly she sneers..."

Muse's debut album, Showbiz, is the biggest standout of their discography in the sense that it's not a concept album. It's overarching themes include the trio's boredom with their hometown, Matthew Bellamy's struggling relationship with his family, and teenage angst in general. In my opinion, it's their second worst album, but has some really solid tracks, such as Sunburn, Cave, Unintended, and Uno.

Origin of Symmetry (2001)

"Link it to the world, link it to yourself, stretch it like a birth squeeze..."

My favorite Muse album, Origin of Symmetry holds no punches. An overtly political album, Origin of Symmetry is about people who do noting, mean nothing, and all conform to be the same. People are happy, albeit not free to make their own choices. A character, who I'll just call Matt, is followed in this album. He's extremely happy about the world he lives in, but things change when he falls in love with someone he's not allowed to be in love with. Matt tries to convince himself that he's not in love, but ends up getting angry and delusional. He ends up being arrested and interrogated, at the end of which, he has his memory changed. Matt goes back to his life knowing that something is missing. He comes across the same woman he fell in love with before, and realizes that she had something to do with his old life. He then assumes that they used to be in love and that he can never return for her. Matt feels lost and confused, and returns to life, forever brokenhearted.

I'm tired. Not really. I just have rampant ADHD. More later. Hopefully.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 11:23:20 PM »

This is cool; I might do something similar.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies