Opinion Of Bernie Sanders
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:49:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion Of Bernie Sanders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion Of Bernie Sanders
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Opinion Of Bernie Sanders  (Read 1311 times)
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2018, 09:25:46 PM »

Well?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 09:35:38 PM »

Massive FF (D) for his efforts to make the Democratic Party what it should be and for his authenticity. Seems to know when to push harder and when to compromise and isn't scared to go on the offensive and defend his policies and unapologetically attack the DC status quo. We obviously need more people like him in DC.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 10:34:29 PM »

Massive FF. One of the best current politicians along with Elizabeth Warren, Sherrod Brown, and Alexandria Ocasio-Coretz.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 10:42:00 PM »

Definitely FF.

He currently has the highest approval rating among all current Senators.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 12:55:05 AM »

Awful
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 01:42:30 AM »

FF, one of the top 3 best US Senators.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 06:28:00 AM »

Massive FF. One of the best current politicians along with Elizabeth Warren, Sherrod Brown, and Alexandria Ocasio-Coretz.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 08:39:16 AM »

Massive FF (D) for his efforts to make the Democratic Party what it should be and for his authenticity. Seems to know when to push harder and when to compromise and isn't scared to go on the offensive and defend his policies and unapologetically attack the DC status quo. We obviously need more people like him in DC.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 09:36:10 AM »

FF, even if a bit misguided.  He genuinely cares about people.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 10:37:32 AM »

Definitely FF.

He currently has the highest approval rating among all current Senators.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 11:50:51 AM »

FF. I differ with him on some issues or his approach, but overall he is a decent guy who has been consistent for a very long time in his desire to help middle class folks. I hope, though, he won't run for president again.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 11:57:25 AM »

FF.  As of now, I think I want him to be the Democratic nominee for President in 2020.  I say that as someone who supported Hillary last time.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 01:57:31 PM »

I have very mixed feelings about Bernie, but an FF on the whole. He's trying to drag the party kicking and screaming to where it needs to be at times; there's been times he pissed me off, then a few months later I was like "okay Bernie, you were right, I was wrong." At the same time, he's way too eager to capitulate to certain segments of the left to the point where he compromises his principles. He was completely right when he said that open borders is a Koch brothers proposal, but he's completely caved on immigration because progressives didn't like that. Bernie also has a poor connection to the black community.

Sherrod Brown has the aspects of Bernie I like, but without the desperation to be popular that is sometimes Bernie's downfall. He is also more popular with black voters. However, Bernie is more influential.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 01:59:27 PM »

FF. But I don't want him to be the next Democratic nominee.

Also, it's a shame that his popular influence is so driven by the "free stuff" caricature of his message. Things like tuition-free college and Medicare for all don't work in isolation, but it's this bastardized platform that Democrats seem most ready to embrace. In contrast, Sanders understood that power lies in production, not consumption.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 02:43:51 PM »

I think he his sincere and means well, which is a rarity in a politician. I have several points of disagreement with him politically, but he is the best person I know of currently involved in US electoral politics.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 03:45:04 PM »

Massive FF who is one of the least corrupted/most reformist in Washington and most likely to help a broad swath of working people, while being shockingly and delightfully extremely politically effective.

The meanist thing that you can say about him is that he's not as smart/educated/on top of things as someone like Elizabeth Warren, and it shows sometimes.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 05:02:23 PM »

A pretty good leader.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »

He is a Ralph Nadar Democrat, but unfortunately, he, just like Nadar he is a Green Party candidate. Dems need a centrist to win the presidency. And Bloomberg promise back in 2016 and today, threatening a party run, proves this, should Bernie win the nomination, he will run third party.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 11:46:24 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2018, 11:49:40 PM by ThatConservativeGuy »

HP. Someone who has never held a real job besides public office shouldn't be dictating to others how they should best run their businesses, healthcare, and lives. Whenever, in townhall debates, Bernie is confronted by real people who would be harmed by his policies, he, like some worn-down, left wing robot, reverts to his talking points about the "millionehz and billionehz".

I have a certain respect for him, in that I don't think he's nearly as corrupt as the average politician, but his actual policy proposals would be awful for the country.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 11:56:55 PM »

Still an FF. He's genuine and had the balls to vote against the military budget increase today.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 11:57:39 PM »

HP. Someone who has never held a real job besides public office shouldn't be dictating to others how they should best run their businesses, healthcare, and lives. Whenever, in townhall debates, Bernie is confronted by real people who would be harmed by his policies, he, like some worn-down, left wing robot, reverts to his talking points about the "millionehz and billionehz".

I have a certain respect for him, in that I don't think he's nearly as corrupt as the average politician, but his actual policy proposals would be awful for the country.

Bernie has had many types of jobs. They include carpenter, farmer, filmmaker, writer, non-profit director, campaign worker, as well as his elected positions.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 12:06:23 AM »

Bernie has had many types of jobs. They include carpenter, farmer, filmmaker, writer, non-profit director, campaign worker, as well as his elected positions.

Perhaps what I said was a bit of an exaggeration, but the point remains that before becoming Mayor of Burlington, Senator Sanders was largely an angry left-wing couch surfer who could never keep a steady job nor contribute to the economy in any productive way.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/bernie-sanders-the-bum-who-wants-your-money/

I'm aware that in the grand scheme of things, this is not very important, but I think it speaks to his complete lack of knowledge as to how the economy actually functions.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 12:17:43 AM »

FF. He's talking about issues that need to be talked about.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 04:31:06 AM »

Mixed. Was very good until 2016 campaign, substantially lower - later.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 04:42:22 AM »

Really the only likely candidate in 2020 that I think is up for the task at the moment.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies