New Register Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:57:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 296782 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« on: March 21, 2020, 12:27:42 PM »

SevenEleven
Labor
California
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 02:37:00 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2020, 02:40:02 AM by Sev »

SevenEleven
Nuevo Partido Politico
California
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 09:01:48 PM »

SevenEleven
Labor
California
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 10:16:47 PM »

Is this some kind of arms race?

It's pretty clear to me that we need some kind of electoral reform. Fremont was already the smallest region.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 10:25:51 PM »

It's pretty clear to me that we need some kind of electoral reform. Fremont was already the smallest region.
Not the first time this has happened. It was even crazier in June 2019.

That doesn't make it okay. I already had some concerns about the lack of balance in representation. The system is what it is, so I don't necessarily blame my partymates or my good friends in the Democratic Alliance, but hopefully the ridiculous nature of this can bring our groups together to make some changes to rectify the situation.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 10:34:36 PM »

Not the first time this has happened. It was even crazier in June 2019.

That doesn't make it okay. I already had some concerns about the lack of balance in representation. The system is what it is, so I don't necessarily blame my partymates or my good friends in the Democratic Alliance, but hopefully the ridiculous nature of this can bring our groups together to make some changes to rectify the situation.

You're 100% right but as long as one side can do it than the other has to. Hence my decision.

Hey, I get it. It's a systemic flaw. It's something I brought up before (before any Democratic Alliance or Green Party existed) and it's something I should have pushed harder on. I won't pretend to have a perfect solution but I'm happy to start a pathway to improvement.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 10:40:16 PM »

For those of us who are slow - and/or uninformed, haven't been paying attention -, could people be so kind as to point out the obvious? (is this a Fremont exodus?)

Labor wants to make sure I lose in a landslide. That's basically it.
From what I can tell, politicalmasta moved first. Regardless, shipping in voters is really lame, no matter the party or person or candidate. Anyone who moves to Lincoln between now and the election will lose my support, starting now. Jimmy is a good incumbent and Blair is a great challenger but let the actual voters decide.

Hopefully, we can agree that the current regional system is ineffective and look at more broad representation. This is no different from the packing, cracking and stacking that devolves US politics into complete sh**t. This is supposed to be a fun way to pass time and advocate for your policies, imo.

No offense to anyone who has already moved, I get it. But please stop.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 10:45:48 PM »

For those of us who are slow - and/or uninformed, haven't been paying attention -, could people be so kind as to point out the obvious? (is this a Fremont exodus?)

From what I can tell, politicalmasta moved first. Regardless, shipping in voters is really lame, no matter the party or person or candidate. Anyone who moves to Lincoln between now and the election will lose my support, starting now. Jimmy is a good incumbent and Blair is a great challenger but let the actual voters decide.

Hopefully, we can agree that the current regional system is ineffective and look at more broad representation. This is no different from the packing, cracking and stacking that devolves US politics into complete sh**t. This is supposed to be a fun way to pass time and advocate for your policies, imo.

Gerrymandering and generally playing with the distribution of voters is fun though.

I can understand that, as I'm one of the more active posters on the redistricting board. Blair is running a great campaign and I'd love to vote for him, but my guy Ted is running and I'd love to support him too. I really think American posters should register in their home states.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 10:48:09 PM »

From what I can tell, politicalmasta moved first.

Uh, Celes?

When Celes registered it said "welcome back to the game" so I assumed he was unregistered. But apparently, Politics Fan was before that. Either way, I'd rather have our elections less subject to blatant manipulation and I think that's something most of us here could agree on.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 10:50:35 PM »

You really think this was unplanned? Today is the last day for region moves to be valid, so both parties have planned for people to move today for at least a week.

Does advance planning make it better somehow? I say no. A vote for me is a vote for equitable representation, not a matter of who lives where and when.

SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 02:09:56 AM »

Deregistering. Ive slept a night about it but if im personally harassed and attacked i will keave the game. I have mental issues and my mental health is priority. I feel like my mental health is detoriariting becausebof this game.
Sorry to see you go.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2020, 07:26:46 PM »

SevenEleven
Green
California
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 10:39:59 PM »

SevenEleven
Labor
California
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2021, 02:12:01 AM »

Lakigigar
Democratic Alliance for Peace, Liberalism & Federalism
Maine

I will vote for who-ever runs against Labor, and i don't care who it is, even if your party is merely called Labour instead of Labor, you might get my vote.

Laki, isn't this level of personal grudges and constant party switching why you left before? I thought we had left that stuff in the past.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2021, 04:27:52 PM »

SevenEleven
Labor (Federal)
United for Lincoln (Lincoln)
California
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2021, 04:36:01 AM »

SevenEleven
SevenEleven