New Register Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:27:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 ... 152
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 295520 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2125 on: August 13, 2020, 10:34:36 PM »

Is this some kind of arms race?

It's pretty clear to me that we need some kind of electoral reform. Fremont was already the smallest region.
Not the first time this has happened. It was even crazier in June 2019.

That doesn't make it okay. I already had some concerns about the lack of balance in representation. The system is what it is, so I don't necessarily blame my partymates or my good friends in the Democratic Alliance, but hopefully the ridiculous nature of this can bring our groups together to make some changes to rectify the situation.

You're 100% right but as long as one side can do it than the other has to. Hence my decision.

Hey, I get it. It's a systemic flaw. It's something I brought up before (before any Democratic Alliance or Green Party existed) and it's something I should have pushed harder on. I won't pretend to have a perfect solution but I'm happy to start a pathway to improvement.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2126 on: August 13, 2020, 10:34:56 PM »

Old School Republican
Federalist
New York
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2127 on: August 13, 2020, 10:40:16 PM »

For those of us who are slow - and/or uninformed, haven't been paying attention -, could people be so kind as to point out the obvious? (is this a Fremont exodus?)

Labor wants to make sure I lose in a landslide. That's basically it.
From what I can tell, politicalmasta moved first. Regardless, shipping in voters is really lame, no matter the party or person or candidate. Anyone who moves to Lincoln between now and the election will lose my support, starting now. Jimmy is a good incumbent and Blair is a great challenger but let the actual voters decide.

Hopefully, we can agree that the current regional system is ineffective and look at more broad representation. This is no different from the packing, cracking and stacking that devolves US politics into complete sh**t. This is supposed to be a fun way to pass time and advocate for your policies, imo.

No offense to anyone who has already moved, I get it. But please stop.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2128 on: August 13, 2020, 10:43:08 PM »

For those of us who are slow - and/or uninformed, haven't been paying attention -, could people be so kind as to point out the obvious? (is this a Fremont exodus?)

From what I can tell, politicalmasta moved first. Regardless, shipping in voters is really lame, no matter the party or person or candidate. Anyone who moves to Lincoln between now and the election will lose my support, starting now. Jimmy is a good incumbent and Blair is a great challenger but let the actual voters decide.

Hopefully, we can agree that the current regional system is ineffective and look at more broad representation. This is no different from the packing, cracking and stacking that devolves US politics into complete sh**t. This is supposed to be a fun way to pass time and advocate for your policies, imo.

Gerrymandering and generally playing with the distribution of voters is fun though.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2129 on: August 13, 2020, 10:43:58 PM »

From what I can tell, politicalmasta moved first.

Uh, Celes?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2130 on: August 13, 2020, 10:44:26 PM »

Uh, Celes?

Politics Fan/1184AZ
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2131 on: August 13, 2020, 10:44:52 PM »

Uh, Celes?
Actually it was Politics Fan a couple days ago.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2132 on: August 13, 2020, 10:45:48 PM »

Gerrymandering and generally playing with the distribution of voters is fun though.

I can understand that, as I'm one of the more active posters on the redistricting board. Blair is running a great campaign and I'd love to vote for him, but my guy Ted is running and I'd love to support him too. I really think American posters should register in their home states.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #2133 on: August 13, 2020, 10:46:51 PM »

You really think this was unplanned? Today is the last day for region moves to be valid, so both parties have planned for people to move today for at least a week.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2134 on: August 13, 2020, 10:48:09 PM »

Uh, Celes?

When Celes registered it said "welcome back to the game" so I assumed he was unregistered. But apparently, Politics Fan was before that. Either way, I'd rather have our elections less subject to blatant manipulation and I think that's something most of us here could agree on.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #2135 on: August 13, 2020, 10:50:07 PM »

Mycool
Labor
Illinois
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2136 on: August 13, 2020, 10:50:35 PM »

You really think this was unplanned? Today is the last day for region moves to be valid, so both parties have planned for people to move today for at least a week.

Does advance planning make it better somehow? I say no. A vote for me is a vote for equitable representation, not a matter of who lives where and when.

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2137 on: August 13, 2020, 10:53:24 PM »

Ronnie
Labor
California
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #2138 on: August 13, 2020, 10:59:02 PM »

Does advance planning make it better somehow? I say no. A vote for me is a vote for equitable representation, not a matter of who lives where and when.

Why of course. What a noble sentiment. I agree with you entirely. Unfortunately taking the moral high ground doesn't achieve anything when the Labor party has a firm grip on the reigns of power and won't vote to get rid of the loopholes they use to crush any chance of the opposition winning.
And unfortunately this game has always been about dirty tricks and backstabbing and shady deals, because it's an election simulator where winning is all that matters.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2139 on: August 13, 2020, 11:00:41 PM »

Why of course. What a noble sentiment. I agree with you entirely. Unfortunately taking the moral high ground doesn't achieve anything when the Labor party has a firm grip on the reigns of power and won't vote to get rid of the loopholes they use to crush any chance of the opposition winning.

The opposition literally tried it first, if anything Labor has the moral high ground.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #2140 on: August 14, 2020, 06:55:10 AM »

The opposition literally tried it first, if anything Labor has the moral high ground.
I moved on my own volition.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #2141 on: August 14, 2020, 06:56:22 AM »

Uh, Celes?
Actually it was Politics Fan a couple days ago.
It was me, but then again, I moved early.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2142 on: August 14, 2020, 07:03:53 AM »

Peebs
Labor
North Carolina
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2143 on: August 14, 2020, 07:05:50 AM »

Peebs
Peace
North Carolina

I hope I don't have to stay in Labor until my replacement is appointed, since I was in Labor when I resigned.
Mail-order President
Dark Horse

Political Matrix
E: 0.50, S: -3.00

P P P
« Reply #2144 on: August 14, 2020, 08:28:23 PM »

Dark Horse
Federalist
Texas
Continential
The Op