New Register Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:42:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 152
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 295315 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: May 27, 2020, 12:08:00 AM »

Welcome to the Game. Welcome to the Party.
Welcome to the greatest Region in the game.

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #1801 on: May 27, 2020, 12:10:58 AM »

You need to post in this thread one more time for your registration to be effective.
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« Reply #1802 on: May 27, 2020, 12:12:35 AM »

Okay alright, posted one more time
harpercanuck
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #1803 on: May 28, 2020, 12:51:26 AM »

Name: Harper Canuck
Political affiliation: Conservative Party of Canada/Federalist
State/Province: British Columbia
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #1804 on: May 28, 2020, 12:58:39 AM »

Name: Harper Canuck
Political affiliation: Conservative Party of Canada/Federalist
State/Province: British Columbia
Welcome to Atlasia! You need to have 15 posts before you can register, and you have to select a US state or country within the UK in order for your registration to be effective.
harpercanuck
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #1805 on: May 29, 2020, 01:32:11 PM »

HarperCanuck
Federalist
Washington
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #1806 on: May 29, 2020, 01:34:19 PM »

Welcome! Smiley

Our party convention is currently taking place; you can sign in here! https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=374935.25
Balsanator03
Rookie

« Reply #1807 on: May 29, 2020, 04:49:11 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 04:56:53 PM by Balsanator03 »

Balsanator03 (going by John Dalton)
Atlas Conservative
New York
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1808 on: May 29, 2020, 05:04:51 PM »

Atlas Conservative
New York

Welcome to Atlasia!

Unfortunately you need 15 posts in the forum before you can register (and I think your account also needs to be a week old)

You might also be interested in knowing that the main party of the political right in Atlasia is the Federalist Party (with the main party of the political left being the Labor Party).

Of course you are allowed to start your own Conservative party as well
Balsanator03
Rookie

« Reply #1809 on: May 29, 2020, 05:22:34 PM »

Atlas Conservative
New York

Welcome to Atlasia!

Unfortunately you need 15 posts in the forum before you can register (and I think your account also needs to be a week old)

You might also be interested in knowing that the main party of the political right in Atlasia is the Federalist Party (with the main party of the political left being the Labor Party).

From what I saw in some of the informational posts, there was the Atlas Conservative party.

I'll join the Federalists, but it's ironic since the Federalists IRL called for bigger government.

So, bear with me here, I have a few questions.

How do I get more posts if I am not running for something? Can I run for something right off the bat since I am new?

When are the next gubernatorial elections?

What are congressional districts?

Thanks for your help.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1810 on: May 29, 2020, 05:24:12 PM »

Atlas Conservative
New York

Welcome to Atlasia!

From what I saw in some of the informational posts, there was the Atlas Conservative party.

I'll join the Federalists, but it's ironic since the Federalists IRL called for bigger government.

How do I get more posts if I am not running for something? Can I run for something right off the bat since I am new?

Thanks for your help.
Just get to 20 posts across the forum so other users can pm you.
Feel free to use the other boards.
Also just curious how did you find this game?
Encke
United States

« Reply #1811 on: May 29, 2020, 05:33:28 PM »

Atlas Conservative
New York

Welcome to Atlasia!

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, the informational post hasn't been updated yet; recently, the Atlas Conservative Party merged with the Federalist Party (and the ACP originated as a splinter party from the Federalists a little over a year ago).

The next gubernatorial elections for Lincoln are in June.

Not sure what your last question is referring to.

Anyway, welcome to the game!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1812 on: May 29, 2020, 05:35:42 PM »

*July, actually.
Balsanator03
Rookie

« Reply #1813 on: May 29, 2020, 05:36:32 PM »

Atlas Conservative
New York

Welcome to Atlasia!

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, the informational post hasn't been updated yet; recently, the Atlas Conservative Party merged with the Federalist Party (and the ACP originated as a splinter party from the Federalists a little over a year ago).

Like House of Representatives/Senate, what districts and states are encompassed?
Balsanator03
Rookie

« Reply #1814 on: May 29, 2020, 05:37:17 PM »

Atlas Conservative
New York

Welcome to Atlasia!

Thanks for your help.
Just get to 20 posts across the forum so other users can pm you.
Feel free to use the other boards.
Also just curious how did you find this game?

A friend from the Mock Election community on MeWe was talking about it and I was interested.
Encke
United States

« Reply #1815 on: May 29, 2020, 05:37:38 PM »

*July, actually.

Yeah I originally wrote July and then second-guessed myself lol
Encke
United States

« Reply #1816 on: May 29, 2020, 05:40:04 PM »

Atlas Conservative
New York

Welcome to Atlasia!

Thanks for your help.

Like House of Representatives/Senate, what districts and states are encompassed?

House of Representatives is at-large (the entire nation votes). 9 representatives are elected by single transferable vote to 2-month terms. Usually the two major parties (Labor and the Federalists) run 5-candidate slates to try to take a majority.

The Senate is made of 6 senators, two from each region (South, Lincoln, Fremont), elected every 4 months in a staggered fashion.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1817 on: May 29, 2020, 05:44:23 PM »

Thanks for your help.

I guess that bit from the informational posts must be outdated. There actually used to exist a Conservative Party until very recently, I think they merged into the Federalists only 2 weeks ago.

Regarding posts you can just make 10 other posts somewhere else in the site; there are lots of sections to comment on, from general US politics to international politics and more specialized boards. Or even if you are only interested in Atlasia you can still post (and even campaign) in here; it's just that you will need to register again next week after attaining 15 posts.

There are lots of things you can do in here even if you are not elected. Commenting on bills, even if you are not an officeholder is certainly acceptable (though obviously you do not get a vote on bills); and so is commenting on other people's campaigns and threads (like say my own Senate reelection campaign; where my seat is up for reelection and you'd be one of my constituents Tongue ) or on other kinds of events happening in-game

As for running for office, I think there is a minimum posts and account age requirements for federal office (House, Senate and President & VP). However, nothing stops you from running for regional office. Your account must be a month old if running for governor; though by the time of the next election you will fulfill this requirement.

Next Lincoln gubernatorial election if I am not mistaken should take place in the 3rd weekend of July. You may be slightly more interested into running for the regional legislature instead, which is up in June, though you should coordinate that with your party. Currently the legislature has a unanimous 5-0 Labor majority (originally 4-1 but the Labor party picked up the remaining seat at a by-election). The incumbent governor is jk2020 (also known as Sestak); from the Law and Justice Party (a left wing satire party)

If you are interested in running for office I would personally send a Private Message to the chairman of the Federalist Party (NC Yankee); the deputy chairman (Louisville Thunder); or really any current Federalist officeholder. Assuming they didn't already contact you of course Tongue

Finally I will note that there are no congressional districts anywhere in Atlasia. The federal House of Representatives, as well as all the regional legislatures are elected at-large through Single Transferrable Voting (STV). The Senate is elected with 2 Senators per region, elected in 2 classes.
Balsanator03
Rookie

« Reply #1818 on: May 29, 2020, 08:16:14 PM »

Thanks for your help.

I guess that bit from the informational posts must be outdated. There actually used to exist a Conservative Party until very recently, I think they merged into the Federalists only 2 weeks ago.

Regarding posts you can just make 10 other posts somewhere else in the site; there are lots of sections to comment on, from general US politics to international politics and more specialized boards. Or even if you are only interested in Atlasia you can still post (and even campaign) in here; it's just that you will need to register again next week after attaining 15 posts.

There are lots of things you can do in here even if you are not elected. Commenting on bills, even if you are not an officeholder is certainly acceptable (though obviously you do not get a vote on bills); and so is commenting on other people's campaigns and threads (like say my own Senate reelection campaign; where my seat is up for reelection and you'd be one of my constituents Tongue ) or on other kinds of events happening in-game

As for running for office, I think there is a minimum posts and account age requirements for federal office (House, Senate and President & VP). However, nothing stops you from running for regional office. Your account must be a month old if running for governor; though by the time of the next election you will fulfill this requirement.

Next Lincoln gubernatorial election if I am not mistaken should take place in the 3rd weekend of July. You may be slightly more interested into running for the regional legislature instead, which is up in June, though you should coordinate that with your party. Currently the legislature has a unanimous 5-0 Labor majority (originally 4-1 but the Labor party picked up the remaining seat at a by-election). The incumbent governor is jk2020 (also known as Sestak); from the Law and Justice Party (a left wing satire party)

If you are interested in running for office I would personally send a Private Message to the chairman of the Federalist Party (NC Yankee); the deputy chairman (Louisville Thunder); or really any current Federalist officeholder. Assuming they didn't already contact you of course Tongue

Finally I will note that there are no congressional districts anywhere in Atlasia. The federal House of Representatives, as well as all the regional legislatures are elected at-large through Single Transferrable Voting (STV). The Senate is elected with 2 Senators per region, elected in 2 classes.

OK cool thank you for your help.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1819 on: May 29, 2020, 10:42:29 PM »

politicalmasta73
labor
maryland
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1820 on: May 29, 2020, 10:43:11 PM »

Welcome to the party-great to have you! Smiley
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #1821 on: May 29, 2020, 10:44:22 PM »

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1822 on: May 30, 2020, 12:24:13 AM »

You won’t regret it.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #1823 on: May 30, 2020, 01:38:22 AM »

What happened to purging the neoliberals, I wonder?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1824 on: May 30, 2020, 07:58:15 PM »

Sestak
Labor
Pennsylvania
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 152  
« previous next »
Jump to: